• Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 MAX Plus Amlogic S905x3 Android 9.0 4GB/64GB DUAL WiFi BT Gig LAN

X96 MAX Plus Amlogic S905x3 Android 9.0 8K Video Decode TV Box
    4GB/64GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi Bluetooth 1000Mbps LAN USB3.0

Highlights as found

Amlogic S905X3
    Amlogic S905X3 applies quad-core Cortex-A55 processors, which is described as an "advanced application processor designed for hybrid OTT/ IP Set-Top Box (STB) and high-end media box applications. The Cortex-A55 cores deliver up to twice the performance compared to Cortex-A53 in memory benchmarks, and a more typical 20 to 30% performance improvement for common tasks at the same frequency.

Android 9.0 OS
    It is based on the latest Android 9.0 OS, with high speed and smooth performance, which is designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.

Airplay and Miracast
    The X96 Max Plus TV Box supports airplay to let you enjoy games on the big screen and the boost speaker.

HDR+ Display
    The X96 Max Plus supports HDR+ screen display, which makes it possible to expand the color gamut to 100%.

8K UHD Resolution
    True 8k picture resolution can be as high as 7680*4320 to achieve 16 times of 1080p picture accuracy.

Wide Compatibility with Famous Application
    The X96 Max plus supports Google Play, Youtube, Twitter, and Netflix, letting your TV be more smart with social media.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f68f9405-6764-4c1b-8b51-e8a53b60c3ca.jpg
Views:	11405
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	792967

Geekbuying
    X96 MAX Plus.
    $42.99 after coupon: 478OLHUN
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

X96 is a Trash brand, never buy these disgusting boxes.

Tanix has just released a TX5_PLUS for those that want a TANIX with the S905X3 chip.

Comment

• trebor
      trebor commented
      Editing a comment
      Trash talk in the holiday season how sad:
      No x96 for xmas for you

I've just purchased one of these and I'm going to have a play with it. Results not bad so far !! It gets a little hot so I've limited CPU to 18000 and fitted 6mm rubber feet to give a bit more air circulation.

Comment

X96 i think is model not brand.

VONTAR X96Max

WeChip X96 MAX Plus
      Last edited by trebor; 02-18-2020, 00:05.

Comment

Can this device use this firmware? https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ndroidtv-build

Comment

I've recently bought this box to replace my older s905x. I bought the 4GB, 64GB version.

Everything media wise plays flawlessy, latest kodi with the more demanding skin ace2 runs very very well. Streaming video, iptv, youtube in 4k hdr+ everything okay.
          Just at the gaming front i get a little less than hoping for, it runs ppsppp at only opengl, while the specifications of the box show vulcan support, i cant choose anything just opengl in ppspp. It runs it 2x resolution.

The launcher is fresh and looks like android tv but its not, hopefully in the future more android tv roms will be made and get more out of this box.

All in all for the price paid its a good upgrade coming from the s905x,

Comment

Does anyone know what the safe operating temperature of this box is? My box tends to top out at about 74 degrees C under heavy use.

Comment

Can anyone recommend me between this and the A95X F3?

Comment

So I purchased this AndroidBox from ZKMagic Aliexpress

...& here is my review

Following are MAJOR & minor bugs in this device:

# it is NOT a 64bit machine it's merely ARMv7A. 64bit is newer ARMv8A which isn't supported by this machine

# It doesn't have a stereo out 3.5mm audio jack. Additionally getting audio out of HDMI LED (to which the box is coupled) the volume is low ...best is to get a BT headphone (especially one that is compatible with it see details below)

# DATE/Time not retained by box on prolonged shutdown ...it's a severe bug may be bcz hardware clock is missing. If u have 24/7 internet access then this will not be a problem bcz clock will autosync

# install some floating Navigation bar to access & kill recent apps. its default Leanback GUI is very bad

# It's Bluetooth is really ****ed up! Some devices will not pair; some will. For instance I couldn't connect Anker Bluetooth & even my Nokia 6.1 but was able to connect Ipega 9077 & Mi AirBuds
                Solution:
                Access developer options by installing 3rd party shortcuts & tinker with Bluetooth AVRCP protocol version
                https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/XZ-pr...1367875#M17465

# Drag & Drop functionality isn't working, with MX2 Air remote
                Solution:
                https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...s905x2-devices

# A poor home launcher, bcz of the above even if u install 3rd party launchers u cannot customize it. ADW2 launcher is the best solution with drag & support

# Uninstall KD player & install updated version to get subtitle customize support Download v18.5 ARMV7A

Comment

Originally posted by ioncube View Post
                  So I purchased this AndroidBox from ZKMagic Aliexpress

...& here is my review
                  Thanks! Lots of interesting information.

# it is NOT a 64bit machine it's merely ARMv7A. 64bit is newer ARMv8A which isn't supported by this machine
                  This claims to have an S905X3 chip. That chip has four A55 cores. A55 has ARMv8.2-A architecture -- 64 bit.

Perhaps it comes with 32-bit Android firmware. Is that what you are observing?

Comment

Originally posted by brickmojoccatz View Post
                    I've recently bought this box to replace my older s905x. I bought the 4GB, 64GB version.

Everything media wise plays flawlessy, latest kodi with the more demanding skin ace2 runs very very well. Streaming video, iptv, youtube in 4k hdr+ everything okay.
                    Dumb question:

I thought UltraHD YouTube required DRM (WideVine). Does your box come with that? Or is my understanding wrong?

Does it work with NetFlix HD? That too seems to require DRM and typically only works with Android TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh R View Post
                      Thanks! Lots of interesting information.

This claims to have an S905X3 chip. That chip has four A55 cores. A55 has ARMv8.2-A architecture -- 64 bit.

Perhaps it comes with 32-bit Android firmware. Is that what you are observing?
                      I am more like practical kind of huy ...Thing is that you cannot instal APK files built for ARMv8; simple is that

Comment

what would you say is the difference between this and the x96 air ?

only thing i see is the 1000mb lan (everything else is the same unless im missing something)?

x96 air $35 x96 max $47

30% more just for that 1000mb lan ?

Comment

For a box with excessive support on 4pda, freaktab sure has little to nothing on offer. I am hoping to take this box and so far freaktab forum is disappointing for it.

Comment

What about temperatures? Is the cpu facing down a true problem?

Comment

Working...
                            X