No announcement yet.

X96 MAX Plus Amlogic S905x3 Android 9.0 4GB/64GB DUAL WiFi BT Gig LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm considering this box (4/32 version) for a dedicated Tvheadend server running CoreELEC. I'll be attaching a USB 3.0 hard drive for recordings. I use a HDHomerun Quatro network tuner. It will be ethernet connected to a Gigabit router port.

Would this be a good box for this application?

My current W95 (S905W) box has problems when trying to watch TV while it is making multiple recordings and processing Comskip.

Also, what company manufactures this box?

Comment

Off-topic

del.
      Last edited by Paveki; 03-21-2022, 23:11.

Comment

Hi. If someone has bricked x96 max plus2 (q5x3_141 3.0 19351) where recovery does not work and AV button does not respond either, Burning Tool does not recognize the box, then do the following. First download Stock FW, "Only for X96 Max Plus2 - S905X3 4GB RAM": https://mega.nz/file/a7IRWYqR#2EQQwz...P5fCiZZFAJxl1k
        - Open your android box

- I used this homemade tool: Picture 1
        - Short and GND: Picture 2
        Link to pictures: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-x96-air-hybrid-aosp-custom-rom-android-9-atv.4123641/post-84247315
        Make the short circuit and then plug the USB into port 3.0 at the same time ... Burning Tool should recognize the device and flashing can begin.
        Last edited by vujox; 01-08-2021, 15:04.

Comment

Originally posted by vujox View Post
          https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-x96-air-hybrid-aosp-custom-rom-android-9-atv.4123641/post-84247315
          Make the short circuit and then plug the USB into port 3.0 at the same time ... Burning Tool should recognize the device and flashing can begin.
          DAMN !!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!! WORKS! Even on rev. 4.0. AND 4.1!!!!!

Comment

Hi guys, so I have a bit of a strange story here and could perhaps do with some help.
            I bought an X96 max plus, sold as 4/32gb.. Turned out to be only 2/16gb but I only found this out after flashing firmware for a 4/32) the box was stamped 4/32gb and I only found out by checking AIDA64.
            So... The story begins I flashed slimbox for this 2/16gb model and wifi/ethernet speed was terrible. After trying every single stock rom available none worked on my box. I tried atv rickkars post regarding youtube links, I tried all the android pc links.
            I was on slim house telegram channel and suddenly a member posted a notice stating there is a newer model of these boxes called the X96max Plus Q1 which has a totally different wifi/modem whatever. All the TWRP work on this box Slim, ViT even the official TWRP for the X96max which I have installed on recovery.
            I would love to be able to install root on this box but it's just not happening.
            I've tried flashing magisk latest and No dm verity
            I've tried pulling the boot img from cat /dev/boot/ > /sdcard/boot.img
            You name it, I've tried, the box always boots without magisk manager app showing valid root.

Anyone kind enough to tell me wtf is going on?

The firmware is android 9 pie X96max plus Q1 20201201 img

?????In twrp when I flash magisk it patches boot img (but doesn't)
            The system_as_root but there is no root lol

Comment

how to unbrick this box? is there a YT clip which shorts i must do? newest X96max+ q2 with 32 GB

Comment

Do you have files to root this box (twrp...) ?
                thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Awesome, good to hear that you like Vasily's work! Thanks for sharing the links for others.

I would use the Amlogic UBT that is recommend by Khadas for installation with the current chipsets, tool version 2.2.0 https://dl.khadas.com/Tools/USB_Burning_Tool_v2.2.0.zip and not the "Latest" tool in your link you posted from androidmtk.com.
                  Hi,

I'd like to flash a custom android version in my X96Max_Plus2_20201210-1638, so I can then load Coreelec on it.
                  Unfortunately all Vasily's links are down
                  Are there backups or alternative firmwares?
                  Thank you

Comment

Try to installing rom from slimbox the "ugslimtv" version works fine.

A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

Comment

Hi all,

I have one of these boxes which I want to change the firmware on but no matter what I do, cannot seem to get my computer to recognise the box.

I have a Windows 11 laptop and am trying v2.16 of the burning tool (I think it was 2.16, I've also tried 2.20). After installing it and installing the drivers, I open the tool, load the image, click start and then i am then holding the button down inside the AV port and connecting the box to the laptop.

All that happens is I get a message from Windows saying that the usb device could not be recognised. I have tried all the usb ports of my laptop and also both ports on box.

Am I missing something obvious?

Comment

Working...
                      X