Latest nightlies of CoreELEC are compatible with S905X3 devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest nightlies of CoreELEC are compatible with S905X3 devices

Use one of the sm1_s905x3_** device tree, e.g.

Your device has 4gb RAM and 100Mb network: use sm1_s905x3_4g.dtb
    Your device has 2gb RAM and 1Gb network: sm1_s905x3_2g_1gbit.dtb

I've tested it on an A95X F3 and it's working great, Kodi is way more reliable than running on the stock Android Firmware.

Best
    Last edited by Felipejfc; 12-23-2019, 21:52.

Very good information!
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Felipejfc View Post

I've tested it on an A95X F3 and it's working great, Kodi is way more reliable than running on the stock Android Firmware.

Best
      Is WiFi and bluetooth working on your A95X F3?

Comment

Originally posted by LITUATUI View Post

It isn't, I didn’t put any effort on fixing it though, I imagine it shouldn't be that hard. But I don’t use either so for me it’s fine...

I’m using CEC or IR for Remote and Cable for networking.

Comment

Originally posted by Felipejfc View Post

Best
          Excuse me, any link ? I am looking to test out a 4gb and 1 gb network device from beelink.

p/s: Found it here :

The dtb's are in the archive itself.
          Last edited by mctiew; 12-24-2019, 02:05.

Comment

amazing news.... just installed now

Comment

Originally posted by LITUATUI View Post

So, I did some research and it seems to be caused by it using mtk7668 chip for BT and WiFi and it not having any opensource driver. I imagine it's not going to work any time soon. But it's Wi-Fi is shit anyways, so it doesn't really matter...

Comment

What Archive do I download for Magicsee N5 plus S905X3 please?

Comment

I tried this on my Bqeel Y8 Max (https://www.amazon.com/DDR3-16G-EMMC...%2C210&sr=8-21) - I find it slow reading from USB, the "installtointernal" command is no longer working / supported, I just noticed a TON of interface and input lag, kind of turned me away from using CoreElec (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by Pyru View Post
                    I tried this on my Bqeel Y8 Max (https://www.amazon.com/DDR3-16G-EMMC...%2C210&sr=8-21) - I find it slow reading from USB, the "installtointernal" command is no longer working / supported, I just noticed a TON of interface and input lag, kind of turned me away from using CoreElec (for now).
                    Totally different experience here in Beelink mini 2. The CoreElec boots up from the sdcard very fast, much faster than the Android which resides in nand.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyru View Post
                      Replacement for installtointernal

RU Team CoreELEC ceemmc tool This tool is written by Team CoreELEC and exclusive for Amlogic devices running CoreELEC! This tool ceemmc can be used for a safe installation of CoreELEC to internal eMMC storage. Users have the choice to install CoreELEC on their eMMC in dual or single boot mode. The boot device priority is: SD USB eMMC If the system fails on booting from the internal eMMC then the device can still be booted by inserting an SD card or USB flash drive with CoreELEC. P...

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

LibreELEC and any of the forks like CE or EE do not have the new MT7668 support...

The powers to be over at CE have said they have no interest in developing it and were posting to just go by a dongle or use ethernet.

Actually as far as i can see i don't think any of those Linux based Distro's have really even created a specific project for the Amlogic x3's as they are just lumping all amlogic boxes into either the older Amlogic project which is the old 3.14 kernel while the newer Amlogic-ng project is based on the 4.9 kernels and inside that tree its either the old amlgx devices (s905/s912) or the amlg12 which are the newer boxes...

The x3 deviices mark a change in the cpu to the Cortex A55 and maybe more but sofar they are lumped in with the amlg12 project... sofar the build mostly works but if theres some performance issues they may stem for those changes not yet being implimented.

So just a heads up for anyone wanting use one of those Linux based Distros to be aware of a few issues... fixes are being worked on but will take time and probably show up in a LE build as thats the sources being used to try and fix... its not coming from LE just some other interested parties trying to help out and using LE's build.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmarshall View Post
                          LibreELEC and any of the forks like CE or EE do not have the new MT7668 support...

The powers to be over at CE have said they have no interest in developing it and were posting to just go by a dongle or use ethernet.

Actually as far as i can see i don't think any of those Linux based Distro's have really even created a specific project for the Amlogic x3's as they are just lumping all amlogic boxes into either the older Amlogic project which is the old 3.14 kernel while the newer Amlogic-ng project is based on the 4.9 kernels and inside that tree its either the old amlgx devices (s905/s912) or the amlg12 which are the newer boxes...

The x3 deviices mark a change in the cpu to the Cortex A55 and maybe more but sofar they are lumped in with the amlg12 project... sofar the build mostly works but if theres some performance issues they may stem for those changes not yet being implimented.

So just a heads up for anyone wanting use one of those Linux based Distros to be aware of a few issues... fixes are being worked on but will take time and probably show up in a LE build as thats the sources being used to try and fix... its not coming from LE just some other interested parties trying to help out and using LE's build.
                          I tried an usb WiFi dongle but when I connect it to the network, kodi starts to act strangely, like flickerings in the screen. It seems like some interference is happening...

Comment

Somebody tested CoreElec on H96 Max X3 Amlogic S905X3 4GB RAM 32GB ROM 5G WIFI bluetooth 4.0 1000M LAN Android Android 9.0 ?

https://www.banggood.com/H96-Max-X3-...r_warehouse=CN

Comment

Originally posted by buzzmarshall View Post

No, it is incorrect that the devs at CE have no interest.

It is simply that an open source driver does not exists and therefore there is no possibility of adding support at this time and therefore, external dongles have to be used to provide BT and WiFi.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                              X