X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bqeel Y8 Max - S905X3

Hello,

I recently purchased the bqeel Y8 Max, specs linked below:

It contains an Amlogic S905X3, 4GB ram, 64GB rom, and Android 9.0.

My questions are:

1. Are there any compatible roms that I can flash on this, which are "bare" or "stock" android (no bloat or google apps) and if so, are they limited to only Android 9? Can I flash lower versions of Android on this box?
    2. I can't seem to find any "stock" images for this device, does anyone know if other devices with the same hardware, and version of Android would be compatible?
    3. I have searched around these forums, and have come up short with answers, so if you could point me in the direction to maybe getting a better rom (atvxperience, or an android tv variant, that would be very appreciated).
    4. What / are there any easy to use tools that I can use to create my own custom image, which I could flash? I do have experience flashing custom roms, just not creating them. I have used USB Burning tool many times successfully, I have even flashed Libreelec, Coreelec, etc (not on this device though).

Thanks in advance!

I've the same device and I'm testing the latest OpenELEC nightbuild on MicroSD but the remote doesn't work at the first start, need a manual configuration:

https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/how...ote-control/31

In the rest I found no problems, I'm using it with an external keyboard.
    Don't try LibreELEC, S905X3 is not supported at the moment.
    Last edited by Erario; 01-09-2020, 18:24.

Comment

I been doing some research on this device my self, I recently had a x96 Max with the s905x2 and I kinda broke it.. I wanted the x96 max s905x3 but only available from
      China and I dont feel like waiting a month to watch my iptv again......... I am also a ROM developer my self.
      seeing this on Amazon which is a Plus there.. and reading all the reviews and so forth.. and Bqeel has its own website.. which is a Major plus there..
      the company is pretty well known for video/audio equipment.. and seeing they do have a DOWNLOAD section.. major plus there..
      I see the y8 Pro Firmware update only slight difrents between the y8 Max and the y8 Pro, the y8 Max has the 1GB Lan while the y8 Pro only has 100mb..

there is no firmware yet that I see for the y8 Max yet.. but since they are close together.. I think I can get away with downloading the Pro edition firmware and extracting that to get what I need, and then using the system and vendor from the y8 Max and create a nice Sorta custom Stock rom out of that.. Like an ATV Rom........ Which is what I would create.
      Cant stand tablet ROMS.. tv boxes should all be Android TV (ATV) and nothing less.. even if they are not certified they should still come like that.

Comment

Hi!

I'm interested in buying this Android TV Box and was wondering what has been your experience so far.
        I currently have a Leelbox MXQ Pro that I use mainly with Mobdro and Stremio but i want to start using GeForce Now and since this box only has 2.4 Ghz wifi and a 100 mbps lan port it gets a little choppy even with the 500 mbps internet connection at my house.
        Is this box a nice alternative to the NVIDIA Shield TV? I've been happy so far with my box but i really need at least the 5 Ghz wifi because GeForce Now runs incredible on my Surface Go and Samsung S8 using my 5 Ghz signal at home.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry to bomb the thread but I'm thinking of buying this device myself and am wondering does it come rooted?

Thanks in advance ?

Comment

Lost root after trying to install Magisk.
            Now I have no root and flashing superSu does not help.
            Anybody has a recovery img?

Comment

Working...
            X