Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X99 MAX Plus Amlogic S905x3 Android 9.0 8K Video Decode TV Box 4GB/64GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi Bluetooth 1000Mbps LAN USB3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X99 MAX Plus Amlogic S905x3 Android 9.0 8K Video Decode TV Box 4GB/64GB 2.4G+5.8G WiFi Bluetooth 1000Mbps LAN USB3.0

Highlights as found

Amlogic S905X3

Amlogic S905X3 applies quad-core Cortex-A55 processors, which is described as an "advanced application processor designed for hybrid OTT/ IP Set-Top Box (STB) and high-end media box applications. The Cortex-A55 cores deliver up to twice the performance compared to Cortex-A53 in memory benchmarks, and a more typical 20 to 30% performance improvement for common tasks at the same frequency.

Android 9.0 OS

It is based on the latest Android 9.0 OS, with high speed and smooth performance, which is designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.

8K UHD Resolution

True 8k picture resolution can be as high as 7680*4320 to achieve 16 times of 1080p picture accuracy.

OTA (over-the-air) Updates

When your device gets an update, you will be the first who knows about this. Just stay connected and the system will install it automatically.

2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi

With support for 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, it can transmit higher amounts of data.

Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 02-18-2020, 07:40.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Ordered right now one
    Last edited by tombraga; 02-17-2020, 23:20.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
      Ordered right now one
      that is a BIG Gamble with this brand, no support, and if this firmware is as bad as was reported on the X99_S922X box that was also just released, then sadly this will be another box to test and then send back because this brand does not improve the smoothness of Android with the latest Amlogic chipsets.

Comment

Thanks RiCkLaR_atvX for this important informations

Already canceled it.

Comment

Does any one bought one of this? It's cheap, even if android rom sucks, if runs coreelec properly I would buy it.

Comment

These X** boxes ever had OTA update?

Edit: Ok they had e.g. X96 Max
            Last edited by majkool; 03-05-2020, 23:19.

Comment

Hi, does anyone have experience with installing CoreElec in this box?
              I have a 4/32GB version.
              The only dtb with which CE was installed is this: sm1_s905x3_2g_1gbit.dtb
              It looks like there is no 4GB of RAM in this box, but only 2GB. Is it fake ram?

Comment

SlimBox X3 Vendor and system Rom works great on this box.

Comment

Does anyone know where the Boot animation file is located in these boxes?

Comment

Update X88 King v7...lots of apps don't work (Zion TV, Tubi TV, and ES File Explorer) on this version...actually some apps haven't worked since SlimBox v4.3 and Vortex v2.4

Going back to SlimBox v4.3, its the best for me. Also like Vortex v2.4

And its the same for the X3 Boxes (x99 Max+, H96 Max, X96 Max+ and A95X F3) also...the v7 and 7.1...lots of apps don't work, at least I can't get them to work. ES File Explorer would even install apps, says SD card not found.
                    The old System v4.4..Vendor method, for the X3 boxes is the best one I have used.

Comment

UPDATE: ver 8 for the X3 Boxes works very good, so far all apps work and the firmware is very fast....I have tried on H96 Max and the X96 Max+. GREAT work SlimBox.....and thanks.

Comment

X99 Max plus box won't load SlimBox v9 img file, hangs on download DDR???????????????????

Comment

Found the problem, there are 2 different X99 Max+ X3 boxes, one has the 100m internet sp6330 and the other the sp 6255....I got the sp6330 and slimbox firmware will not load on it....wish he could fix that because I LOVE his firmware.
                          Last edited by raruba; 11-10-2020, 10:18.

Comment

I guess everyone give up on this box....huh

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
                              I guess everyone give up on this box....huh
                              X99 Max plus box won't load SlimBox v12 img file, hangs on download DDR???????????????????

Comment

Working...
                              X