[SOLVED] S905X3 - Sony TV HDMI problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] S905X3 - Sony TV HDMI problem

I have two of these Android TV boxes, A95X F3 and Magicsee N5 Max. When I connect either of them to my Sony Smart TV (Linux OS, not Android), and move through the box menus, the HDMI information banner appears an the top of the TV screen for about four seconds almost every time I select a menu item. The problem is shown here: h**ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyJs80jRBzg and here h**ps://youtu.be/7YlPX4jM5xw

It's not possible to turn off the banner completely via the TV settings. The problem does not occur with my old Beelink box with S905 chipset, so I guess it's something to do with the HDMi signal output of the S905X3. Sony refuses to help.

Both boxes have the latest FW. Anyone know what I can do to solve this annoying problem?
    Last edited by Zumtotal; 03-02-2020, 09:03.

Have you try to turn off HDMI CEC in the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
      Have you try to turn off HDMI CEC in the settings.
      Yes, turned off.

Comment

I had the same problem with a RK3288 box for a Sony 4K TV.
        Always shows the banner it's 1920x180,quite annoying,I assume it's has to do with how the Sony Linux system works together with the Android.

Comment

Originally posted by anteros View Post
          I had the same problem with a RK3288 box for a Sony 4K TV.
          Always shows the banner it's 1920x180,quite annoying,I assume it's has to do with how the Sony Linux system works together with the Android.
          Interesting. Thanks for the info. Maybe you could raise a ticket with Sony tech support? The more complaints they get, the more incentive to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zumtotal View Post

Yes, turned off.
            Hi ,

have you tried another Cable or HDMI Port , what about Full HD ??? , maybe a FW Bug or really a EDID Problem on Box or TV ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

have you tried another Cable or HDMI Port , what about Full HD ??? , maybe a FW Bug or really a EDID Problem on Box or TV ,

good luck / gefattern
              Thanks. Yes, I tried three different HDMI cables, one of them being a brand new one that came with the box. I also tried three different HDMI ports on the TV. The resolution setting on the boxes makes no difference. I also tried switching between Standard and Enhanced HDMI mode on the Sony TV, but that made no difference either.

Comment

• gefattern
                gefattern commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi , looks like a EDID Bug / good luck / gefatterm

I got the solution from Magicsee tech support: "You can enter the setting>>device preference>>sound>>turn off the system sound"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Catch.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	798984

I don't know why that should affect the TV banner, but now it appears only when the video source changes (eg I start playing a new stream in Kodi).

Comment

Working...
              X