DDR4 vs DDR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDR4 vs DDR3

Has anyone got any data or experience in comparing performance of DDR4 vs DDR3 based S905X3 boxes? I don't see many with DDR4 but wonder if they run any faster.....

DDR4 does run faster then DDR3, about 25% faster; but the board + cpu need to be properly configured to utilized the extra bandwidth of the DDR4 ram.

If looking to purchase a TV box with the latest Amlogic S905x3 processors, the top 3 IMO are Khadas VIM3L, Ugoos X3/X3 Pro/X3 Plus, or Beelink GT1 Mini2. I own the Khadas personally and it is fast with Superceleron's ROM.

In almost all user case scenarios you will never notice the speed difference between DDR3 and DDR4, the most important thing is how optimized is the ROM. If you got a bad firmware there is nothing the fastest Ram in the world can fix if the firmware is trash.

Comment

Thanks... and are there any DDR4 S905X3 boxes other than the Beelink? Cheaper the better :-)

Comment

No, currently there isn't any good boxes with S905x3 for a good discount or on-the-cheap that come with DDR4. In fact it probably best to still buy S905x2 devices for people on a tight budget, they can be found with DDR4+GigabitEthernet if you want to save some money, and you may be able to get some on closeout sales if you look extensively.

The saying "you get what you pay for," holds true for TVboxes, better to pay more now for a device that has software support like Nvidia/Khadas/Ugoos/Bellink. I like the S905x3 but when asked directly by someone needing to get their 1st TVbox I now only recommend S922x devices, Beelink GT King is a good starting point and can be found on Aliexpress for $100.

Comment

Working...
        X