magicsee n5 max s905x3 already failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magicsee n5 max s905x3 already failed

So i got in a magicsee N5 max off amazon a couple days ago, along with an A95X

I gave the A95X to a friend and my N5 already quit.

So im kinda new to all of these android boxes but so far they are FUN!

I noticed that the N5 has a root switch not really knowing its benifit i turned it on and noticed there were some settings to put the temps and CPU speeds over top the video. When playing my games (Asphalt 8) i noticed the CPU is all over the place so i was thinking maybe it could run better if the CPU was just fixed at its fastest setting and stayed there.

I understand the reason behind the up and down CPU speeds, its to save energy for battery devices which i think the android OS is designed for. In a box thats always plugged in i didnt see the need for this.

I went to search for an app that kept the CPU at its max speed.

I have already added a bunch of heatsinks and a little fan which took the max temp when playing the game from 51C down to a constant 33c so i figured it would handle it fine.

On the app store there was one called SetCPU and it wanted $1.99 so i went to Aptoide and searched there for a few there were 2 that i found but i dont remember both. One had some feedback i think a 3 or 4 stars one had no reviews but said something like CPU adjuster but had (SetCPU) after so i figured it was a similar or older version maybe a free version of the same thing?

This was my first time with aptoide when i installed both apps i coudnt get either to open so i rebooted the box and that was it. It hasnt worked since, it just hangs at the Amlogic badge at the start. I never even got to try either app.

Maybe i shouldnt of installed them rooted? or since it was rooted it messed up the OS?

Ive already tried resetting everything using the reset switch and booting to the bootloader cleared the cache and everything i could clear and reset and nothing helps it just hangs at the amlogic badge and wont go past

Well i guess scratch all that, after i posted this i dug around a little, found the firmware, found the tool to make the flash card and IT WORKED!!

I can believe it

I really dont know what caused it to fail to begin with anyway.

You guys are good, this place is great!

Comment

hi dear BOWER64 I M REALY HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU DID BRING BACK THE BOX TO LIVE.
      I ALSO HAVE THE SAME BOX IT WORKED VERY SMOOTH AND FINE IN THE BEGENING EXCEPT THE BLUETOOTH... I COULDNT CONNECT MY GAME PAD TO THE BOX. SO I TRIED TO UPDATE WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE GIVEN ON THE MAGICSEE'S WEBSITE. THE PROCESS WENT VERY WELL WITH USB BURNING TOOL BUT ONCE THE BOX REBOOTED I COULDNT USE THE BLUETOOTH AND THE WIFI ANY MORE!!!!!!!!
      PLEASE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF POSSIBLE THE EXACT FIRMWARE THAT YOU VE INSTALLED CAUSE I TRIED A LOTS OF AND ALWAYS I HAVE HE SAME PROBLEM...
      COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU FACED THE SAME ISSUES AS ME ??
      THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Comment

Well the box i got from Amazon, i will take pictures of the box, i have 2 because when the first box failed i ordered a second to try and pull the firmware from the second box to fix the first but right after i ordered the second i found the magicsee firmware and fixed the first one so now i have one with stock firmware and one with magicsee firmware.

I like first firmware better the CPU temps show lower then the magicsee firmware

If i knew how to pull firmware off the second box i would send you the original formware but i dont know how to do it yet. Im still trying to figure this all out, i got lucky when i fixed the first one to be honest.

The first N5 max orignial boot logo had a tiger with a badge that says S905X3, the new firmware has a flashing magicsee blue glowing as it boots i dont like it as much as the stock.

I dont do much with these boxes but play games and maybe watch youtube or Pluto tv so i cant say if one or the other firmware is better or worse, the wifi and bluetooth both work on both firmware though so i must of got lucky again and got the correct one

I got the firmware directly from the magicsee website, there was a downloads sectioin and it had the N5 max, i cant find the link now it was on here or on the gearbest site if i remember. I searched for a few days till i found it. It came with the files and the tool.

It was pretty fool proof i think is why i got it to work, the file was zipped in a .rar file i had to get winzip to unzip it, then inside was the tool to "burn" it to an SD card then when it booted up it just instantly started to update and just held my breath and some how it worked!

Ive tried messing with this other MXQ pro 4K box i have and havnt been able to do anything with it.

Comment

In reference to your first post of this thread, CPU frequency can easily be switched with a Rooted TVbox and a Root privileged Apk, the easiest app to achieve this is Kernel_Audiutor straight from standard Google Store. Most TVbox vendors ship the CPU Governor with it set at Interactive(a balanced, low energy safe setting), you can change this to Performance Governor and the cores will have access to highest frequency all the time (it is not recommended to manually modify individual core settings/frequency). The Performance gov does create slightly more heat but with your temperature mods you will be fine. Things to note is if the Kernel of the device's sowftware is full of bugs(not optimized) the device will still create high load situations (more heat) when using the Performance governor.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
            In reference to your first post of this thread, CPU frequency can easily be switched with a Rooted TVbox and a Root privileged Apk, the easiest app to achieve this is Kernel_Audiutor straight from standard Google Store. Most TVbox vendors ship the CPU Governor with it set at Interactive(a balanced, low energy safe setting), you can change this to Performance Governor and the cores will have access to highest frequency all the time (it is not recommended to manually modify individual core settings/frequency). The Performance gov does create slightly more heat but with your temperature mods you will be fine. Things to note is if the Kernel of the device's sowftware is full of bugs(not optimized) the device will still create high load situations (more heat) when using the Performance governor.
            COOL!

I dont quite understand "ROOT" one of the boxes i have has a switch that just turns on root and a hashtag thing pops up at the top of the screen. But do i need to reboot it before its in the "Root" mode?

Also, all i have to do is run the Audiutor program or once i install it and it just always runs?

Like i said though, i understand why they have this govenor on for phones but for a device like this thats always plugged in i dont see why it needs to change speeds all the time it just seems like it can cause more problems then its worth.

but what do i know

Comment

Yes, if a Root switch, activate it ON/OFF then reboot to have setting take effect.

Audiutor has a boot setting, I believe, where you can have it activate 10 to 60 seconds after a full reboot, just look in all the tabs and settings of it. I actually use a paid app to do the same thing, called EX Kernel Manager, but Kernel Audiutor is free though.

Comment

I dont mind paying if it works, if i get a paid version can i use it on more then one box?

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                  I dont mind paying if it works, if i get a paid version can i use it on more then one box?
                  Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                    Is this the exact way to spell it with the underscore also? i cant seem to find it.

I found one that says donate but for some reason my paypal wont link to my gmail not sure wy ive never used it to buy anything off the playstore before.

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post

Is this the exact way to spell it with the underscore also? i cant seem to find it.

I found one that says donate but for some reason my paypal wont link to my gmail not sure wy ive never used it to buy anything off the playstore before.
                      Sorry, didn't know the app had been updated with the Donate paywall...

Here:

Or for EX Kernel Manager by flar2:

Comment

That app has an issue, the default colors hide a valuable setting

Since im kinda new to everything including android. When i open the app all i get is a graph showing the CPU cores and speeds i have access which dont do much refresh, restart, something else

Well up in the left corner behind the scrolling graph there is a hidden 3 little lines in white which hides the main menu to open all the settings

For a few hours im going back and forth with root, root checker, back to the program cant get anything to work till the color is changed and then you can see this little hidden menu to access all the settings.

start screen when i first opened the app, 3 buttons is all i could use

Click image for larger version

Name:	kernal 1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	802709

Click image for larger version

Name:	kernal 2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	802708 hard to see menu

Comment

Working...