Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM1 COLLECTIVE ATV Google Certified Smart Voice Remote Amlogic S905X3 Dual-band WiFi 4GB RAM+64GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chigz review is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzrNyW-dM9c

Impressive benchmarks convinced me to buy this over the KM3. I went for the 32gb Deluxe version using Chigz discount code at Geekbuying (US$68 with fast shipping to Australia).

Now, just need the eminent brains trust here to work out how to root and dual boot to coreelec
    Last edited by sepa; 05-02-2020, 04:01.

Comment

Not sure if anyone with the box able to test if below apk works well to achieve Netflix 1080 or higher.. Currently works well on KM9 Pro Classic

Comment

Originally posted by sepa View Post
        Chigz review is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzrNyW-dM9c
        Impressive benchmarks convinced me to buy this over the KM3. I went for the 32gb Deluxe version using Chigz discount code at Geekbuying (US$68 with fast shipping to Australia).
        Now, just need the eminent brains trust here to work out how to root and dual boot to coreelec
        You should of bought a "Generic" X3 device if you really wanted Root access and CoreELEC, they are generally a lot cheaper; buying one of these is for the DRM privileges which most app also need a "Non-Rooted" device.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

You should of bought a "Generic" X3 device if you really wanted Root access and CoreELEC, they are generally a lot cheaper; buying one of these is for the DRM privileges which most app also need a "Non-Rooted" device.
          If root and CoreELEC were essential, I'd buy a fast S922 box like the Ugoos AM6. For now I just want a decent ATV box the family can use, with L1 and Google cert. for streaming apps (not Netflix). Root and CoreElec are extras for me to play with later.

Comment

A bit of a deal on Meecool KM1

2GB+16GB
            $58.99 after coupon: 4PGM1BCP
            Geekbuying

4GB+32GB
            $67.99 after coupon: NNNKM1432
            GEEKBUYING

4GB+64GB
            $79.99 after coupon: 4PGLDAIK
            Geekbuying

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
              Not sure if anyone with the box able to test if below apk works well to achieve Netflix 1080 or higher.. Currently works well on KM9 Pro Classic

https://apkbilli.com/netflix-4-16-1-build-200147-2/
              Nope. Won't install. It will only allow me to install phone apps like 6.26.1 for Netflix at 540p.

But it was easy to install coreELEC (using their generic s905x3 image) for Netflix at 1080. Very smooth playback with auto frame rate for Kodi addons. The only issue with coreELEC is bluetooth is not working for this or other boxes with the Amlogic MT7668 chip but the coreELEC team is working on it. So for now the Mecool remote doesn't work on coreELEC, but it works fine with my air mouse and TV remote.

Comment

Am not sure is this box is able to play Hulu smoothly? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
                  Am not sure is this box is able to play Hulu smoothly? Anyone?
                  I don't have a Hulu account but if you want to give me your login I'll test it for you

Hulu comes preinstalled, along with Prime, Sling and HBO Go, so should play fine. Prime plays smoothly, no judder on 24fps movies if I turn on "Auto switch to best resolution". At first I had the box set to 50hz to match most of my TV streaming, which was fine, except for judder on 24fps streams. On "Auto switch" 24fps plays smoothly, so it looks like this box has auto framerate switching for apps that can handle it, or it passes everything through to my 4K Samsung TV for upscaling, or both. Either way, playback is smoother than my Mecool KIII Pro, and that had AFRd for auto framerate switching.

Comment

anyone if has a firmware in burning tool format for this box post it

Comment

Had this thing a week now. Good news: I got Netflix HD working with Netflix_4.16.1_ZJ_HDFix.apk (a different version to the one you posted Hideiyoshi). Bad news: intermittent audio stutter on this thing is driving me crazy. I rewired and changed every setting I could find, but I still get a one second dropout randomly, every few minutes or so, sometimes 30 minutes. It appears to be worse with DD+ and "Auto switch to best resolution" turned on so I leave my box on 50hz, but just when I think it has finally fixed itself, the sound skips again, mostly on 1080 and 4k video. I emailed Mecool who are "analyze and testing" it so It looks like a known problem. They better have a patch soon or I'm returning it. Pity, it's a nice box with excellent video output, though ATV9 is locked down harder than Wuhan in a pandemic, and root is sorely needed.

Comment

can you post this version of ZJ alternative, sepa?

Comment

A dumb question. How can you verify the Netflix resolution in the app?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Which new device would be really good.
                            Especially because of Costum firmware, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shark91n View Post
                              A dumb question. How can you verify the Netflix resolution in the app?
                              Do a search for test patterns.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by fosseperme View Post
                                can you post this version of ZJ alternative, sepa?

Comment

Working...
                                X