Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM1 COLLECTIVE ATV Google Certified Smart Voice Remote Amlogic S905X3 Dual-band WiFi 4GB RAM+64GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing with ATV10 for a week now and it looks good - stable and no problems with any apps except Netflix with resolution matching turned on (see post #74). You can switch it off. It doesn't have frame rate matching as such, but matching that depends on your TV's resolutions. If your TV has few display modes it won't be much use though it works well for me with some streaming services. A message pops up telling you the resolution and frame rate every time a video plays (like AFRd).

Drawbacks are lack of CoreELEC - it just doesn't work, unlike on ATV9. I tried a number of different boot images without luck. Also, phone apps display vertically in portrait but don't fill the screen, making navigation difficult. Selected videos do play full screen, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
      If you're using my Nfix mod and find it inconvenient to have to dig down into Sideload Launcher or some other app drawer every time to open it, here's a leanback banner that will let you launch NFix from the ATV home screen.

Install it as a separate apk. It will find and launch the mobile app from your home screen.

Zahir may I please get your Netflix HD mod.
      Let me know if I should pm you as well.

Thank you.

Comment

hannah - check your inbox.

Comment

Dear Friends,

I'm new to this device! just e few questions:

1.- If I install the firmware do I loose anything of the Certified stuff by google?
          2.- is there any way to use NETFLIX with 1080P?
          3.- this update is going to repair the freeze thing that I suffer when I use AMAZON PRIME VIDEO ( about 45 min. when I'm watching something the box freeze!)

Thanks in advance

Atte.
          Muadeep

Comment

hannah - check your inbox.
            Yes received.
            Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by muadeep View Post
              Dear Friends,

I'm new to this device! just e few questions:

1.- If I install the firmware do I loose anything of the Certified stuff by google?
              2.- is there any way to use NETFLIX with 1080P?
              3.- this update is going to repair the freeze thing that I suffer when I use AMAZON PRIME VIDEO ( about 45 min. when I'm watching something the box freeze!)

Thanks in advance

Atte.
              Muadeep
              1. L1 Google certification is maintained.
              2. Ask Zahir
              3. I don't have freezing problems with Amazon Prime but I doubt the update will fix your problem. It is most likely cause by overheating. The KM1's basic heatsink makes it prone to overheating, especially in hot weather. Remove the silicon feet pads on the bottom box, unscrew the bottom cover, and make sure the thermal tape is fully covering the CPU and touching the metal plate heatsink. Also make sure the wifi antenna wires are pushed to the side, away from under the heatsink. If overheating still occurs, your only real option is to fit a cooling fan.

Comment

I've been using it for a week without any notable problems (running A10). But when activating the HDMI CEC option I have detected a possible bug. Every time I reboot, the interface is displayed in Chinese and is only corrected by disabling this option.

Anyone else with this issue?

PS: Zahir, could I get the Netflix mod too?

Last edited by Ernst_Junger; 09-30-2020, 15:42.

Comment

Ernst_Junger - check your inbox.

Comment

Dear friends,

Thanks for your help! sepa

Please @Zahir may I please get your Netflix HD mod.
                    Let me know if I should pm you as well

Atte.
                    Muadeep

Comment

Originally posted by sepa View Post
                      Been playing with ATV10 for a week now and it looks good - stable and no problems with any apps except Netflix with resolution matching turned on (see post #74). You can switch it off. It doesn't have frame rate matching as such, but matching that depends on your TV's resolutions. If your TV has few display modes it won't be much use though it works well for me with some streaming services. A message pops up telling you the resolution and frame rate every time a video plays (like AFRd).

Drawbacks are lack of CoreELEC - it just doesn't work, unlike on ATV9. I tried a number of different boot images without luck. Also, phone apps display vertically in portrait but don't fill the screen, making navigation difficult. Selected videos do play full screen, however.
                      Is it even possible to make CoreELEC work on ATV9? I have a Mecool KM9 Pro with ATV9. No matter what I do, CoreELEC won't work :/

Comment

muadeep - check your inbox. You'll need an air mouse to navigate.

Comment

Dear Friends,

I upgraded my box to Android 10 and everything seems to be fine for now except for one thing, I don't know why but there's no way to grant access to write or delete to the external sd card, I've tried with a lot of file explorers ( File commander, Solid explorer, etc.) but anyone can't delete or write to the external sd card, it can read and explore in the external card but when I want to delete there's no way.

For your information I use to use Solid explorer just fine with Andorid 9, if somebody knows something jus lket me know, thanks.

P.D. The file explorer that came with the upgrade works but it's really bad one.

Atte.
                          Muadeep

Comment

Ernst_Junger - check your inbox.
                            Thanks. The mod works perfectly. Any way to put a shortcut on the main page of the launcher? And...two more questions:

- Has anyone else noticed a language bug when activating the HDMI-CEC option?
                            - Is it possible to customize the remote control app buttons (Amazon Video, Google Play)?

Comment

Leanback shortcut for my Nfix mod:

Comment

Dear Friends,

The Netflix MOD works PERFECTLY! thanks @Zahir .

The only problem is the access to delete files to the external sdcard! that I mention before in POST #87, IF anybody can help?

Atte.
                                Muadeep

Comment

Working...
                                X