Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM1 COLLECTIVE ATV Google Certified Smart Voice Remote Amlogic S905X3 Dual-band WiFi 4GB RAM+64GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks promising. I may change my mind from getting TX3 to this. Is there any depth review regarding this device.

Comment

Device is brand new, don't think it has started shipping yet, most sellers are just taking Pre-Orders.

Device will be very similar to the Mecool KM3 with a little more performance due to the newer specification CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        Device is brand new, don't think it has started shipping yet, most sellers are just taking Pre-Orders.

Device will be very similar to the Mecool KM3 with a little more performance due to the newer specification CPU.
        I saw some customer already received their items on aliexpress. KM3 is a little bit pricey compared to this. Do you think it worth buying it due to ATV or should I buy TX3 and flash SC2 ROM which I'm not sure whether it is compatible or not.

Comment

Mine shipped March 19 from China, arrived in the US 3 days later. Still waiting for the US postal service deliver it.... Been sitting in the Detroit distribution system for 5 days now, only 30 miles from me............
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by prisoner0093 View Post
            I saw some customer already received their items on aliexpress. KM3 is a little bit pricey compared to this. Do you think it worth buying it due to ATV or should I buy TX3 and flash SC2 ROM which I'm not sure whether it is compatible or not.
            Everbody is different tastes, I would not buy the TX3, if you want to use SC rom then best option is get Beelink GTmini2 so you have the good hardware construction from Beelink and the good software from SC.

This KM1 device is good for people that use AmazonPrime in there TVbox and want No-Root to be able to use other apps that might require DRM certificates. I like the fact that it is Google Certified and comes with 4GB of ram when other Certified Vendors are cheap and stay with the Google baseline build of 2GB Ram devices.

Comment

Another well the same with less memory (and price) called the KM1 Deluxe with 4/32GB

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009307244624.html?wid=1349303
              treboR
              Please consider
              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I received mine a few days ago,, and it is working great for me........ Beelink and Mecool are my favorite brands, Mecool because they provide a device that is Google Certified and running the ATV version of Android..

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Another well the same with less memory again (and price) called the KM1 CLASSIC with 2/16GB
                  more than enough unless you need or want more

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009227528169.html?wid=1349303
                  treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    I received mine a few days ago,, and it is working great for me........ Beelink and Mecool are my favorite brands, Mecool because they provide a device that is Google Certified and running the ATV version of Android.
                    Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
                    Umm... you don't exactly have this device! You have KM1 original build release, but FYI this thread is about the new KM1 releases which has a special name attached according to the Storage Capacity: "Collective" - "Deluxe" - "Classic"

Yes, the devices are almost identical, and top job on your video review!

Comment

Umm... you don't exactly have this device! You have KM1 original build release, but FYI this thread is about the new KM1 releases which has a special name attached according to the Storage Capacity: "Collective" - "Deluxe" - "Classic"

Yes, the devices are almost identical, and top job on your video review!

Hummm......... This box just came out..........

Mecool Aliexpress official store front.

Comment

Yep, but still look at the Gearbest links for the ""KM1 Collective"" posted in the OP. The Collective has a mate finish and not exactly square case (with a forward numb that may include a physical WiFi antenna inside the case versus the standard embedded or card radio antennas).

Comment

Yep, but still look at the Gearbest links for the ""KM1 Collective"" posted in the OP. The Collective has a mate finish and not exactly square case (with a forward numb that may include a physical WiFi antenna inside the case versus the standard embedded or card radio antennas).
                          Ok......... Life is moving too fast for me........

Comment

• trebor
                            trebor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When the other arrive in a bright pink case,
                            Never judge a book by its cover

One for the USA HD HomeRun Fans ( we know who you are) HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K ATSC 3.0 Streamer Comes with Four ATSC Tuners (Crowdfunding – US)

If your country broadcasts free-to-air TV channels over ATSC, and you want to watch 4K HDR channels, you’d need to hardware compatible with the latest ATSC 3.0 standard.

One way to achieve this is to connect an ATSC 3.0 USB TV tuner to a computer or laptop, or get a set-top box with one or more built-in tuner. ATSC 3.0 trials will start this year in the US, and SiliconDust has just introduced HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K streamer that comes with four ATSC tuners, two of which support ATSC 3.0 standard, as well as one Ethernet port.

https://www.cnx-software.com/2020/04...r-atsc-tuners/

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

So many names lets just stick with this and take it from there

MECOOL KM1 Google Certified Amlogic S905X3 2GB/16GB A9 Dual WiFi: BT USB3 Built-in Chromecast

Thanks to our good friends at Geekbuying today we can have a closer look:
                            MECOOL KM1 Google Certified Amlogic S905X3 2GB/16GB Android 9.0 TV BOX
                            2.4G+5G WIFI Bluetooth USB3.0 Built-in Chromecast with
                            On Key To Start YouTube Prime Video Google Play Google Assistant - Black

Highlights as found:
                            The MECOOL KM1 android set-top box is one of the best in its price segment of TV boxes, which has a working certification from Google.
                            It is equipped with the AMlogic S905X3 SoC CPU which is a Quad Core manufactured in 12nm that reaches up to 1.9 GHz speed and integrates a Mali-G31 MP2 GPU.
                            This chip has 4 ARM Cortex-A55 CPU cores and also an NPU for iA. The VPU is an Amlogic Video Engine 10 with support Dolby Vision HDR, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and PRIME HDR among others.
                            This Box has 3 variants, 2GB/16GB, 4GB/32GB and 4GB/16GB, the eMMc storage memory can be expanded from the microSD card reader included on one side of the quadrangular box.

It is based on the latest Android 9.0 OS, with high speed and smooth performance, which is designed to turn your regular TV into a smart one.

At the level of wireless connectivity, it has integrated in Dual Band Wifi aC board with internal antenna and Bluetooth 4.2.
                            The connectors included in the plastic box are few, only a USB 2.0 port, another USB 3.0, a 10/100 Ethernet connector, an HDMI 2.1 video output and a connector for analog audio and video out

Let's have a look see at what we have:

The Box:

What's in the Box:

Ports to be seen:

Remove the Lid:

Out with the PCB:

Few things worth noting:

Mediatek Wifi Chips
                            3 x WiFi/BT Antennae
                            ROAD WELL Ram, sounds a bit Mad Max to me.
                            BIWIN Nand, how things have changed
                            Faux stitched top edge and that Black leather look
                            The reset button can be seen behind AV port.

Many reviews around of this beasty presently
                            More a bit later

2GB+16GB
                            $58.99 after coupon: 4PGM1BCP
                            Geekbuying

4GB+32GB
                            $67.99 after coupon: NNNKM1432
                            GEEKBUYING

4GB+64GB
                            $79.99 after coupon: 4PGLDAIK
                            Geekbuying
                            Last edited by trebor; 05-05-2020, 18:48.
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Does it natively play video files that use the vc1 codec ???

Comment

Working...
                            X