Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM1 COLLECTIVE ATV Google Certified Smart Voice Remote Amlogic S905X3 Dual-band WiFi 4GB RAM+64GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Do a search for test patterns.
    thanks..

Comment

Is there a standard ROM (not ATV) for km1, which is off course non rooted. ?
      i can't use any luncher on my km1, honestly i dont like the ATV things.

Comment

No..i have the device bricked and Mecool don t want send me the firmware saying that is a secret. I tried also to flash othery many firmwares ATV such as SuperCeleron and Sasvlad for X3 but stuck in bootlogo. Anyone says that the firmwares of KM3 or KM9 are compatible with this device but burning tool doesn t flash their U-BOOT...only U-Boot of Sasvlad Rom - that is of Ugoos X3 device - and U-Boot of SuperCeleron can be flashed correctly but, as I said, the roms dont boot and stuck in bootlogo.

Comment

Finally i restored the device bricked with the original firmware in the OTA version sent by Mecool, but I lost the DRM L1 certificates. Now, unfortunately, I'm L3. The recovery steps are listed below.

1 Flash of any X3 firmware that works without flash errors during the procedure / see Sasvlad X3 or SuperCeleron X3. If the device is not recognized by the Amlogic Tool burner by pressing the reset button, it is necessary to open the device and short-circuit the two round golden pins which are located next to the nand on the visible side of the box as soon as it opens.

2 At the end of the procedure, exit the Amlogic combustion tool without using STOP or without exiting at all.

3 Convert all OTA new.dat or new.dat.br files of OTA firmware to IMG / I for this I used the Windows CRB v2.05 tool from xda, but you can do it in many ways.

4 With the device still connected, unlock the bootloader using the commands.

update bulkcmd fastboot

fastboot flashing unlock_critical

fastboot flashing unlock

and flash individual IMG files from different partitions one by one, deleting the old ones.

Finally, relock the system bootloader and exit with the commands

fastboot flashing lock_critical

fastboot flashing lock

fastboot oem reset

5 On reboot, a bootloop will obviously occur, but you can easily access the recovery stock using the hidden recovery button in the AV connector, empty the cache and flash OTA to get the final restore.

Everything has been restored, but you have lost the certificates.

Here is the link to the OTA firmware

With this ota is possible make a TWRP recovery o a ROM for the device or not

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to root this box?

Comment

Hello,

Someone has a freezing issue I received the product today Mecool KM1 Collective Edition and after one movie in 4k or 1080 no matter what it is, the device doesn't tackle with the movie and when I back to the home screen and tried to do something after a few minutes the device not work not response (I played it on Kod 17.6 with Real Dabrid), after 2 hours movie when the box gets worm the box do the freezing and reboot himself

wait for comment thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shark91n View Post
                Mine just arrived yesterday It's a wonderful piece of technology for a very reasonable price.

However I am unable to install this particular .apk in order to get Full HD Netflix.

Installed several other .apk on the box after setting it up from the same source (external HD Disk).
                Do you have any idea on what the issue could be?

Thank you.

Comment

I find that the wifi on here best I can get with a nighthawk from Netgear is 69 down AT BEST. My fire cube gets sitting in the same spot 160-170 down. Most of the time the box drops far below the 69
                  SO I am curious if I put a usb wireless adapter on it I could get better wifi. I mean 69 is fine I guess but some friends who can barely hit 10-15 at best with this. And that kills allot of playback options. So I was thinking that would be an option for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zootopia View Post

Mine just arrived yesterday It's a wonderful piece of technology for a very reasonable price.

However I am unable to install this particular .apk in order to get Full HD Netflix.

Installed several other .apk on the box after setting it up from the same source (external HD Disk).
                    Do you have any idea on what the issue could be?

Thank you.
                    You can't run Netflix in HD on here. Mecool and Netflix had some disagreement years ago and Netflix is still holding a grudge. You can run amazon prime but that's it.

Comment

Slow wifi, freezing, sound dropouts, video dropouts - read the comments here and at 4pda and you'll soon realise this box has problems. It has a very basic heatsink that makes it prone to overheating, and it might seem fine at first, but stream 4k or even 1080 video for a while and the problems start. Without root there's no way to throttle the CPU or otherwise control the temperature, so if you are experiencing problems, send it back. It's a poorly designed, cheaply made box with zero backup from Mecool.

Comment

I have opened a petition online against Mecool that dont watn release the firmwares for some devices as the KM1 for example. This petition is for all, especially for who have the device in a state of brick and can t restore it because lack of firmware. This is an absurde choice of Mecool, that don t respect consumer rights. Please add a signature to this petition, every signature will be notified by mail to Mecool and Videostrong Company.

Mecool you must Release FIRMWARES for KM1 and all other your devices!!!

Comment

You are wasting your time fosseperme. Mecool is not going to hand out the firmware, especially to someone who will release it in the forums and say "hey, look what Mecool gave me". They did that a couple of years back with an L1 patch to get around certification and got whacked by Google for it. Now that Mecool has real Google certification, they have to play by Google's rules.

Anyway, the word is Mecool is about to release Android TV 10 for the KM1, like they just did for the KM3. Hopefully with that upgrade they also fix sound and freezing issues, and limited auto frame rate is also promised. If someone like the great Magendanz can then rip an image and root the KM1, this might be a truly great box.
                          Last edited by sepa; 06-11-2020, 00:14.

Comment

Is there any other certified Google device that had a standard rom(not Atv) ? Thanks

Comment

This stock firmware for UBT was made by me , 100% was checked ,like from a new box!
                              ATV9 PI.V7.20200110
                              PCB revision KM1_2T2R_V1.1
                              Firmware Compatibility:
                              -KM1 2/16 classic
                              -KM1 4/32 deluxe
                              -KM1 4/64 collective
                              Download KM1_2T2R_V1.1_stock_ATV9_PI.V7.20200110
                              Last edited by grass7; 09-20-2020, 23:24. Reason: edit link mega

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
                                Am not sure is this box is able to play Hulu smoothly? Anyone?
                                yes, can play it,
                                pls check following link , and there is one customer review can play hulu 4k

Comment

Working...
                                X