Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM1 COLLECTIVE ATV Google Certified Smart Voice Remote Amlogic S905X3 Dual-band WiFi 4GB RAM+64GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovemymac View Post

You can't run Netflix in HD on here. Mecool and Netflix had some disagreement years ago and Netflix is still holding a grudge. You can run amazon prime but that's it.
    But someone has a alternative solution to play Netflix HD not sure up to 4k..

Comment

It has been gratifying to see how many of you have found my Nfix 1080p mod useful. At the same time, those well-intentioned folks who have posted permanent public links to the apk may be unwittingly shortening its life. (e.g. post#45 in this thread).

The quickest way to get a mod like that banned (Yablio RIP) is to put it where the N-police can find it. That is why I've been circumspect about how I share it in this Forum.

Helping one's fellow users is an admirable thing, but this is not the way. Quite the reverse, it will spell the end of the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
        It has been gratifying to see how many of you have found my Nfix 1080p mod useful. At the same time, those well-intentioned folks who have posted permanent public links to the apk may be unwittingly shortening its life. (e.g. post#45 in this thread).

The quickest way to get a mod like that banned (Yablio RIP) is to put it where the N-police can find it. That is why I've been circumspect about how I share it in this Forum.

Helping one's fellow users is an admirable thing, but this is not the way. Quite the reverse, it will spell the end of the fix.
        No one need to be grateful about false information ( sorry to say this, but you have made me to say it). You have posted a suggestion without attached file. So i i just add the attachment for every body so they try if it is really Netflix in HD. Because to me it is not streaming hd at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shark91n View Post

No one need to be grateful about false information ( sorry to say this, but you have made me to say it). You have posted a suggestion without attached file. So i i just add the attachment for every body so they try if it is really Netflix in HD. Because to me it is not streaming hd at all.
          Is this what they call sour grapes?
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

That's a strange (and oddly written) response to my commonsensical observation.

1. As early adopters can confirm, when I first released my mod, I attached the file for all to try. I kept making it available by posting temporary links and by sending it to users who PM'd me. These restricted measures helped to keep the fix secure.

2. I didn't have to do any of this, but I believe that giving - not grumbling - is part of the defining ethos of Freaktab. The majority (those Mecool owners with Widevine L1) found that my fix worked. I continue to receive thanks from members who are using it successfully.

3. If it's not working for you, look to your set up, or request help. And learn some manners. BTW, I think clarkss12 puts your post in the right light.

Comment

If you're using my Nfix mod and find it inconvenient to have to dig down into Sideload Launcher or some other app drawer every time to open it, here's a leanback banner that will let you launch NFix from the ATV home screen.

Install it as a separate apk. It will find and launch the mobile app from your home screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shark91n View Post

Don't blame Zahir, I posted the suggestion, thinking the filename is enough for people to track it down. Not sure why Netflix in HD works for me but not others, but this mod is temperamental, or maybe it's the Mecool firmware. I factory reset my KM1 trying to fix freezing and sound dropouts, so maybe that got the mod working, but I don't know.

Also, after working fine in HD, it started getting Netflix errors and wouldn't load. But I fired up my KM1 again yesterday (it's been sitting in my junk pile for weeks after I got a refund) and I reinstalled Zahir's mod - bingo, it works in HD again. Maybe Netflix was rejecting my VPN, or it just needed a reinstall?

A sure way to get Netflix in HD is to run CoreELEC Kodi on an SD card (CoreELEC works very well on the KM1, except for bluetooth, you'll need a bluetooth dongle for the remote). Or try the Netflix addon in Android Kodi. That has always worked for me in HD, though I had to manually enter the ESN in the addon settings and change the installed ESN from NFANDROID2xxxxx==xxxx to NFANDROID1xxxxx==xxxx (i.e. all other numbers and letters are exactly the same).

Good luck! Nothing is guaranteed to work. Or just buy another box that does work, that's what I did.

Btw, I fixed the freezing issues by opening the box and moving the thermal pad, which was only partly covering the CPU. The 4pda forum has a good rundown on overheating. I never did fix the intermittent sound dropouts though, and I'm not holding my breath for a Mecool firmware fix.

Comment

sepa - thank you for that clarification. Hope the individual involved appreciates your decency and constructive suggestions. (I haven't had issues with my Nfix mod but perhaps clearing the app's cache might help in some cases).

1. BTW, with Corelec, you can switch your KM1 Bluetooth remote to IR operation (yes, it has both modes) by simply dropping a remote configuration file into the root directory of your SD card.

In IR mode, the remote becomes directional, but almost all functions work fine. I've linked the file here. https://mega.nz/file/JPpQWI7L#gt26cJ...h-MdBlQfRBTODk

2. Regarding audio dropouts, did you try changing audio output under advanced settings to PCM?
                  Last edited by Zahir; 07-09-2020, 19:19.

Comment

Many thanks Zahir, that file worked a treat in getting the remote working.

I tried PCM and dozens of other setting combinations with no luck. Random audio stutter/dropouts for just a second occurred mostly on Kodi and Youtube but could happen on any app, and on different TVs and A/V systems. It might be a settings problem but dropouts became more frequent the longer the box was running, so I assumed it was an overheating problem. Some users on 4pda report the same dropouts, but most have no problems.

No problems on CoreELEC though. Picture and audio quality are great, so my KM1 is now a backup CoreELEC box.

Comment

sepa - Android 10 is coming to KM1 mid-August, I'm told (by Videostrong). It should contain some bug fixes -hopefully audio will be among them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
                        sepa - Android 10 is coming to KM1 mid-August, I'm told (by Videostrong). It should contain some bug fixes -hopefully audio will be among them.
                        That sounds fantastic.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi all, I'm experiencing a significant audio delay (300 ms) using bluetooth on my Mecool Km1. All apps are affected.
                          Generally (on phones), android automatically delays the image to synchronize the video. And correct the delay, but the mecool Km1 seems not to correct the delay in my device. this is normal?

Comment

Android 10 for the KM1 is here (thanks to max.st on 4pda):

New KM1 boxes are shipping with ATV10 but it hasn’t been released at mecoolonline.com yet. Updating to ATV10 will factory reset the box and delete your installed apps, so be warned.

Not much has changed but for me upgrading was well worth it – it fixed my sound stutter issues. Audio options have been greatly simplified.

The other big new development is auto framerate switching (turned on under Playback settings) but it is far from perfect. Video has to match the box’s limited Display settings or it will return a “TV don’t support” error message. For example the KM1 has no 720p-24hz or 25hz modes, so it won’t switch to those resolutions, though it will work with 1080p-24hz (but not 1080p-25hz), and most 4K videos. Similarly if a movie is 1020 or 960 instead of 1080, it won’t work, and it sometimes confuses 24, 25 and 30 fps.

Switching is system wide and works across all the apps I tried, including YouTube and Kodi (though it doesn’t use Kodi’s afr). Netflix using Zahir’s app is problematic though. The KM1 switches resolution OK but Netflix then stops streaming. No problems using the Kodi Netflix addon.

Comment

Originally posted by sepa View Post
                              Android 10 for the KM1 is here (thanks to max.st on 4pda):

https://mega.nz/file/SQYETKpC&usg=AL...lc%C2%A0%C2%A0

New KM1 boxes are shipping with ATV10 but it hasn’t been released at mecoolonline.com yet. Updating to ATV10 will factory reset the box and delete your installed apps, so be warned.

Not much has changed but for me upgrading was well worth it – it fixed my sound stutter issues. Audio options have been greatly simplified.

The other big new development is auto framerate switching (turned on under Playback settings) but it is far from perfect. Video has to match the box’s limited Display settings or it will return a “TV don’t support” error message. For example the KM1 has no 720p-24hz or 25hz modes, so it won’t switch to those resolutions, though it will work with 1080p-24hz (but not 1080p-25hz), and most 4K videos. Similarly if a movie is 1020 or 960 instead of 1080, it won’t work, and it sometimes confuses 24, 25 and 30 fps.

Switching is system wide and works across all the apps I tried, including YouTube and Kodi (though it doesn’t use Kodi’s afr). Netflix using Zahir’s app is problematic though. The KM1 switches resolution OK but Netflix then stops streaming. No problems using the Kodi Netflix addon.
                              Thanks for the heads up, I will give it a try.

I keep getting this error while trying to download this file "Temporary error, retrying."
                              ........... I tried two different browsers............

Edit: Went to the 4PDA website and downloaded the file from their link, downloaded without issue.
                              Last edited by clarkss12; 09-26-2020, 02:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X