Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received defective TV box, any chance of recovering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received defective TV box, any chance of recovering?

Hey guys, I've ordered the A95X F3 air a few months back and I'm very happy with it, it does just what I wanted it for a really great price.
    I've read that the A95X F3(non air model) should be better, which is what I wanted to get in the first place but didn't notice that I bought the air model.

Anyway, I bought another A95X F3 box, but unfortunately when I received it it was defective from day 1. I'm powering up the TV box, nothing happens, I'm pretty sure that 5 seconds after the TV box powers up, it simply gets completely stuck for a reason, then after 2 minutes dead pixels starts to show on the screen. I was trying to get a refund, but it's not going well so far(god knows why...), while I'm trying to get my money back, I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do.

The issue is this - since the TV box gets stuck after a few seconds, I can't enter the hard reset menu, so can't factory reset, flash firmware etc.
    I tried connecting the TV box to the PC, and it does show up, but after I start flashing the TV box seems to disconnect for a second and then connect again, which results in the process being stuck on 1% Download DDR, tried many things, but it didn't work.

Any ideas? Should I just give up on that?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I have unchecked the erase flash and erase bootloader, this seems to solve the issue and I was able to flash successfully, but something is still wrong.
    I have turned on the TV box, it was kinda stuck at first like usual, then I had some dead pixels all over the screen, I was about to turn it off, but then it somehow moved on to the actual booting animation, I've let it boot, and set it up but after every action I make, e.g - selecting an option, the TV box gets stuck for like 10-15 seconds, so something is still wrong.

I'm not really sure at this point if it's a hardware issue or software issue. I might try to erase the bootloader again and see how it goes. I'm currently trying to perform a system update from the TV box itself in hopes that it would do any good.

Thanks.

Even after the system update, it still gets stuck after every action.
    Last edited by msacco; 04-27-2020, 23:52.

Have you opened it up, maybe the heatsink isnt on good and it overheating?

See if it boots outside the box, maybe try a different HDMI cable

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
      Have you opened it up, maybe the heatsink isnt on good and it overheating?

See if it boots outside the box, maybe try a different HDMI cable
      Thanks for the reply, I did open up the box, but everything seems to be ok, it also got stuck without heating at all.
      I also used an HDMI I know is working and tried another one as well, it's totally the unit itself.

BUT! I think I just managed to solve this....After I managed to flash it was still stuck as written in the post, but I was then able to get to the hard reset option from the boot, and now I'm running it and it seems to run very well. I just really hope it is the case and it won't get stuck again.

I'm currently running a youtube video on 4K(even though my screen is not 4K) and it runs just fine!

Comment

If you put anything on it keep backups, i have a MX10 pro box and when i first got it after a day or so it flaked out and they sent me a different one and let me keep the first one.

I thought i fixed it reflashing it and then i thought it was the little jack where the reset button is. I thought it was fixed and i didnt use it for like a week and got it back out and it was dead again

So yours might still flake out

I watched a few youtube videos where they take some of these different boxes apart and some of them had little button cell batteries in em and i wonder if that is because it can save settings or some memory they have on board and the battery keeps all the settings when its unpowered?

Comment

Also (if you have) use another power adapter as these are sometimes defective and cause a lot of problems.
          If you discover that this is the problem you can ask your seller to refund you the money to buy a new one.

Comment

Working...
          X