Unable to connect S905X3 to Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abhi2020 View Post
    i did what you told me. i tried various methods. even i tried like what you mentioned
    i have loaded the .img file, and press start on the usb burning tool. then i have connected the cable to my box, pressed reset button using toothpick and then connected the usb cable to my laptop
    i am getting the same issue after 8%

[HUB1-2][Err]--Download init command failed
    [HUB1-2][Err]--[0x]Romcode/Lead UBOOT/Identify/USB Control setup error

do you want me to send the full log file ?
    OK. It is the first time that you say you get till 8%. Are you sure you have the right rom (original rom) for your box?
    Also try this (sometimes it helps). When it stops at 8% just Unplug and Replug the USB cable (without doing anything else). Sometimes it continues the burning process, but if you have the wrong firmware .................

Comment

There is a whole Topic here about your box (with firmwares, how to short pins etc) https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...0-media-player
      First try different roms.
      If you finally decide to open your box look at post #194 if you have the same/similar board.

Comment

when i am trying to copy the img file to the license folder, its asking me to give windows permission to copy. do you think its windows permissions error ?
        but i see that logs are being generated ( written to the folder)
        i have around 12 feet usb to usb a cable. is the cable culprit ?

Comment

Originally posted by abhi2020 View Post
          when i am trying to copy the img file to the license folder, its asking me to give windows permission to copy. do you think its windows permissions error ?
          but i see that logs are being generated ( written to the folder)
          i have around 12 feet usb to usb a cable. is the cable culprit ?
          Sorry but now I am really confused, You are trying to copy the img file to the licence folder???????????????????????????OMG. Why?
          You start USB burning tool and then you load there the .img file.After that you press "start".
          And of course the cable must be much shorter than 1 meter as already Guest told you. In my opinion it is better to be shorter than 30cm (or 15cm best).Otherwise you can get a "low power" error message in UBT.
          You can very easily make a new cable by yourself. All you need is 2 cables from old phones etc. You cut them keeping only the USB-A and a short cable. These 2 cables you connect them color to color (red to red/ and black to black) and there is your new cable !!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            If you just got it out of the box
            Why are you even trying to connect to PC
            Was it bricked out of the box?
            Youve allready tested the factory rom and it sucks that bad?

Try this maybe
            Connect to TV see if you have video
            Try the toothpick thing and see if you can boot to recovery
            If successful
            Wipe cache partition
            Wipe data factory reset
            Reboot

Comment

In our city, they sold good set-top boxes for television, and my device did not work as well as yours. I read on the Internet that the problem was in the port to which I connected it. Too new, according to the version I had a port, I had to flash the device. I heard that it works more effectively, recently I read an article about it. It is best to try to contact a specific reference book in order to learn more about the problem. I usually use a blog https://gadgetguide.in when it comes to some software or hardware problems. When there are problems with the technique, I am already used to using guides, in which everything is carefully described. I think your topic will be found there and you will be able to solve it in a short time.
              Last edited by Fany2021; 02-22-2021, 01:57.

Comment

Hi, I have similar problem that you had originally. When I plug the device it is connected 2 to 3 seconds and then it disconnects.

What you did to fix the original problem. My device is Sunnzo S9 Max 4GB+64. I did pretty much everything described here but it still continues to disconnect after 2 to 3 seconds. My cable is brand new factory made 50 cm male-male cable.

I did first firmware upgrade successfully, even on that first attempt I had the same problem but after laptop restart it was finally ok.

But now its like this, see details in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuOvlGppwhQ For some reason the Windows sound of device connected and disconnected are not playing well in the video. I can't find a way to fix it again.

Edit: Solution: Keep the button pressed longer...

Comment

Working...
                X