Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect S905X3 to Laptop

Hello,

I got the Android box Amlogic S905X3 today. I am unable to connect the box to my laptop. i have connected the box using USB device with usb cable to my laptop. i see that box is getting charged and turned on when i connect via usb but i am unable to see the device in the laptop
    i installed Amlogic USB Burning tool 3.1.0 with all worldcup drivers. Still i am unable to connect the box to my laptop

can someone please help me here

Which device, you need to hold reset button and connect the cable to the OTG port on the tv box.

Comment

i bought Amlogic S905X3 device today. which one is OTG port on the box ?
      do i need to purchase any extra cable ?. right now i have USB A to USB A cable. do i need to purchase any other cable for the device to get connected to the laptop ?

Comment

Originally posted by abhi2020 View Post
        i bought Amlogic S905X3 device today...
        Which one ???

...which one is OTG port on the box ? ...
        Try all out, usually one of USB 2.0 ports.

...right now i have USB A to USB A cable. do i need to purchase any other cable for the device to get connected to the laptop ? ...
        OK, but (should be USB 2.0 type) cable shorter as 1 meter and thick.

Comment

finally i was able to connect with USB 3.0 port. but the issue here is when i inserted the toothpick and connect the cable from usb 3.0 to laptop, i see that for few seconds devce is getting connected to HUB1-2
          but after 2 or 3 seconds device is getting disconnected from the laptop
          what should i do to fix it and keep the device having stable connection to the laptop ?

Comment

Make sure to use the AMLOGIC USB BURNING TOOL version 2.2.0

DOWNLOAD Link: https://dl.khadas.com/Tools/

Comment

after i download and install version 2.2.0 also same iisue

few seconds devce is getting connected to HUB1-2

Comment

after i download and install version 2.2.0 also same iisue

few seconds devce is getting connected to HUB1-2
                Please try the following sequence:
                1. Leave the box without any power (no ac adapter attached for 5-10 minutes). Leave it also bare (nothing attached to it).
                2. Connect one end of USB cable to the box (the other attached to nothing).
                3. Start USB burning tool, load your rom and after that press "START".
                4. Press the "reset" button of your box.
                5. While still pressing the reset button attach the other end to your laptop's USB. Try both 2.0 and 3.0 ports (although I think usually it is 2.0).
                Good luck.

Comment

device is getting disconnected within few seconds. i am using amlogic usb tool 2.2.0 and on windows 10. do i need to conenct the device to tv and make sure i am on recovery mode in order for it not to get disconnected ?

Comment

device is getting disconnected within few seconds. i am using amlogic usb tool 2.2.0 and on windows 10. do i need to conenct the device to tv and make sure i am on recovery mode in order for it not to get disconnected ?
                    Of course NOT. The box must be "bare" (without anything connected). If it starts burning you should leave it until it reaches 100% in the USB Burning Tool window and only then disconnect it.
                    If the burning is completed you can initialize it as usual.
                    Did you try different USB ports of your laptop???
                    Did you try both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports of your box?
                    Do you have another PC to try (probably older with windows 7, although I don't think this is the problem).
                    Otherwise you may have to open your box to do the "short pin" method (which is a more demanding method and you have to know either what pins to connect or to find them by yourself).I think you never told us the exact model/maker of your box.

Comment

Hello,

i was successfully able to connect the device. but i am getting the below error while l clicked on Start

[HUB1-2][Err]--Download init command failed
                      [HUB1-2][Err]--[0x]Romcode/Lead UBOOT/Identify/USB Control setup error

Comment

Hello,

i was successfully able to connect the device. but i am getting the below error while l clicked on Start

What do you mean "error while I clicked on Start"? You must first click "Start" and after a while connect the USB cable !!!!!
                        Do you have the correct firmware/rom for your box?
                        Why you are not specifying the maker/model of your box? Is it a secret?

Comment

Oh i am sorry. i thought i have specified the model number

below is the model number
                          Amlogic S905X3 X96 Air

I have installed amlogic usb tool 2.2.0, open the tool, inserted the img file, then inserted the toothpick to the device, and started the device with usb a to usb a cable connected to my laptop and the device
                          after i connected, it is shows an connected in the tool
                          when i click on start, its giving me the error message

Below is the message in the log file

Comment

Oh i am sorry. i thought i have specified the model number

below is the model number
                            Amlogic S905X3 X96 Air

I have installed amlogic usb tool 2.2.0, open the tool, inserted the img file, then inserted the toothpick to the device, and started the device with usb a to usb a cable connected to my laptop and the device
                            after i connected, it is shows an connected in the tool
                            when i click on start, its giving me the error message

Below is the message in the log file

Sorry but how many times do I have to tell you:
                            1. You load the .img file and you press "START" of USB burning tool. YOU DO NOT CONNECT THE BOX WITH THE CABLE YET. Nothing is connected to the Laptop USB port YET!!!!!
                            2. Only after that you can connect the USB cable to the Laptop's USB port!!!!! (and of course at the same time keep pressing the reset button of the box).

Comment

i did what you told me. i tried various methods. even i tried like what you mentioned
                              i have loaded the .img file, and press start on the usb burning tool. then i have connected the cable to my box, pressed reset button using toothpick and then connected the usb cable to my laptop
                              i am getting the same issue after 8%

do you want me to send the full log file ?

Comment

Working...
                              X