Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacksS9Max
    replied
    Hi, I have similar problem that you had originally. When I plug the device it is connected 2 to 3 seconds and then it disconnects.

What you did to fix the original problem. My device is Sunnzo S9 Max 4GB+64. I did pretty much everything described here but it still continues to disconnect after 2 to 3 seconds. My cable is brand new factory made 50 cm male-male cable.

I did first firmware upgrade successfully, even on that first attempt I had the same problem but after laptop restart it was finally ok.

But now its like this, see details in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuOvlGppwhQ For some reason the Windows sound of device connected and disconnected are not playing well in the video. I can't find a way to fix it again.

Edit: Solution: Keep the button pressed longer...

Leave a comment:

• Fany2021
    replied
    In our city, they sold good set-top boxes for television, and my device did not work as well as yours. I read on the Internet that the problem was in the port to which I connected it. Too new, according to the version I had a port, I had to flash the device. I heard that it works more effectively, recently I read an article about it. It is best to try to contact a specific reference book in order to learn more about the problem. I usually use a blog https://gadgetguide.in when it comes to some software or hardware problems. When there are problems with the technique, I am already used to using guides, in which everything is carefully described. I think your topic will be found there and you will be able to solve it in a short time.
    Last edited by Fany2021; 02-22-2021, 01:57.

Leave a comment:

• freddy
    replied
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    If you just got it out of the box
    Why are you even trying to connect to PC
    Was it bricked out of the box?
    Youve allready tested the factory rom and it sucks that bad?

Try this maybe
    Connect to TV see if you have video
    Try the toothpick thing and see if you can boot to recovery
    If successful
    Wipe cache partition
    Wipe data factory reset
    Reboot

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    Originally posted by abhi2020 View Post
    when i am trying to copy the img file to the license folder, its asking me to give windows permission to copy. do you think its windows permissions error ?
    but i see that logs are being generated ( written to the folder)
    i have around 12 feet usb to usb a cable. is the cable culprit ?
    Sorry but now I am really confused, You are trying to copy the img file to the licence folder???????????????????????????OMG. Why?
    You start USB burning tool and then you load there the .img file.After that you press "start".
    And of course the cable must be much shorter than 1 meter as already Guest told you. In my opinion it is better to be shorter than 30cm (or 15cm best).Otherwise you can get a "low power" error message in UBT.
    You can very easily make a new cable by yourself. All you need is 2 cables from old phones etc. You cut them keeping only the USB-A and a short cable. These 2 cables you connect them color to color (red to red/ and black to black) and there is your new cable !!

Leave a comment:

• abhi2020
    replied
    when i am trying to copy the img file to the license folder, its asking me to give windows permission to copy. do you think its windows permissions error ?
    but i see that logs are being generated ( written to the folder)
    i have around 12 feet usb to usb a cable. is the cable culprit ?

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    There is a whole Topic here about your box (with firmwares, how to short pins etc) https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...0-media-player
    First try different roms.
    If you finally decide to open your box look at post #194 if you have the same/similar board.

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    i did what you told me. i tried various methods. even i tried like what you mentioned
    i have loaded the .img file, and press start on the usb burning tool. then i have connected the cable to my box, pressed reset button using toothpick and then connected the usb cable to my laptop
    i am getting the same issue after 8%

[HUB1-2][Err]--Download init command failed
    [HUB1-2][Err]--[0x]Romcode/Lead UBOOT/Identify/USB Control setup error

do you want me to send the full log file ?
    OK. It is the first time that you say you get till 8%. Are you sure you have the right rom (original rom) for your box?
    Also try this (sometimes it helps). When it stops at 8% just Unplug and Replug the USB cable (without doing anything else). Sometimes it continues the burning process, but if you have the wrong firmware .................

Leave a comment:

• abhi2020
    replied
    i did what you told me. i tried various methods. even i tried like what you mentioned
    i have loaded the .img file, and press start on the usb burning tool. then i have connected the cable to my box, pressed reset button using toothpick and then connected the usb cable to my laptop
    i am getting the same issue after 8%

do you want me to send the full log file ?

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    Oh i am sorry. i thought i have specified the model number

below is the model number
    Amlogic S905X3 X96 Air

I have installed amlogic usb tool 2.2.0, open the tool, inserted the img file, then inserted the toothpick to the device, and started the device with usb a to usb a cable connected to my laptop and the device
    after i connected, it is shows an connected in the tool
    when i click on start, its giving me the error message

Below is the message in the log file

Sorry but how many times do I have to tell you:
    1. You load the .img file and you press "START" of USB burning tool. YOU DO NOT CONNECT THE BOX WITH THE CABLE YET. Nothing is connected to the Laptop USB port YET!!!!!
    2. Only after that you can connect the USB cable to the Laptop's USB port!!!!! (and of course at the same time keep pressing the reset button of the box).

Leave a comment:

• abhi2020
    replied
    Oh i am sorry. i thought i have specified the model number

below is the model number
    Amlogic S905X3 X96 Air

I have installed amlogic usb tool 2.2.0, open the tool, inserted the img file, then inserted the toothpick to the device, and started the device with usb a to usb a cable connected to my laptop and the device
    after i connected, it is shows an connected in the tool
    when i click on start, its giving me the error message

Below is the message in the log file

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    Hello,

i was successfully able to connect the device. but i am getting the below error while l clicked on Start

What do you mean "error while I clicked on Start"? You must first click "Start" and after a while connect the USB cable !!!!!
    Do you have the correct firmware/rom for your box?
    Why you are not specifying the maker/model of your box? Is it a secret?

Leave a comment:

• abhi2020
    replied
    Hello,

i was successfully able to connect the device. but i am getting the below error while l clicked on Start

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    device is getting disconnected within few seconds. i am using amlogic usb tool 2.2.0 and on windows 10. do i need to conenct the device to tv and make sure i am on recovery mode in order for it not to get disconnected ?
    Of course NOT. The box must be "bare" (without anything connected). If it starts burning you should leave it until it reaches 100% in the USB Burning Tool window and only then disconnect it.
    If the burning is completed you can initialize it as usual.
    Did you try different USB ports of your laptop???
    Did you try both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports of your box?
    Do you have another PC to try (probably older with windows 7, although I don't think this is the problem).
    Otherwise you may have to open your box to do the "short pin" method (which is a more demanding method and you have to know either what pins to connect or to find them by yourself).I think you never told us the exact model/maker of your box.

Leave a comment:

• abhi2020
    replied
    device is getting disconnected within few seconds. i am using amlogic usb tool 2.2.0 and on windows 10. do i need to conenct the device to tv and make sure i am on recovery mode in order for it not to get disconnected ?

Leave a comment:

• ath156
    replied
    after i download and install version 2.2.0 also same iisue

few seconds devce is getting connected to HUB1-2
    but after 2 or 3 seconds device is getting disconnected from the laptop
    Please try the following sequence:
    1. Leave the box without any power (no ac adapter attached for 5-10 minutes). Leave it also bare (nothing attached to it).
    2. Connect one end of USB cable to the box (the other attached to nothing).
    3. Start USB burning tool, load your rom and after that press "START".
    4. Press the "reset" button of your box.
    5. While still pressing the reset button attach the other end to your laptop's USB. Try both 2.0 and 3.0 ports (although I think usually it is 2.0).
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X