X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stupid reply of Mecool about my Km1 Bricked

Hi Antonio

Thanks for reaching out here.
    If the device failed to work only after you done a factory reset without you doing other process, it should be a manufactoring fault.We suggest you to contact the seller to change a new one.

We could only provide the upgrade package in U Disk not the firmware as it is trade secrets ,Please understand.

Thanks & Best Regards
    www.mecoolonline.com

THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!

Yeah.. thats a sad responds
    --I think these lic are build in to the software/firmware therefor trade secret
    ---or perhaps the trade secret is another fake lic spoof (like in the past)
    Its really really sad that most arm based tv box from CH are disposable units
    -and sending a unit back to CH costs alot of money..and time, then waiting for a new unit

Thats why freaktab, xda, 4pda, armbian, libreelec, coreelec...communities trive

Just wait... someday..someone...
    will make trwp..and then someone will backup his km1..and share his backup online

Cheers

Comment

i cant access to recovery...this is the problem

Comment

Finally i restored the device bricked with the original firmware in the OTA version sent by Mecool, but I lost the DRM L1 certificates. Now, unfortunately, I'm L3. The recovery steps are listed below.

1 Flash of any X3 firmware that works without flash errors during the procedure / see Sasvlad X3 or SuperCeleron X3. If the device is not recognized by the Amlogic Tool burner by pressing the reset button, it is necessary to open the device and short-circuit the two round golden pins which are located next to the nand on the visible side of the box as soon as it opens.

2 At the end of the procedure, exit the Amlogic combustion tool without using STOP or without exiting at all.

3 Convert all OTA new.dat or new.dat.br files of OTA firmware to IMG / I for this I used the Windows CRB v2.05 tool from xda, but you can do it in many ways.

4 With the device still connected, unlock the bootloader using the commands.

update bulkcmd fastboot

fastboot flashing unlock_critical

fastboot flashing unlock

and flash individual IMG files from different partitions one by one, deleting the old ones.

Finally, relock the system bootloader and exit with the commands

fastboot flashing lock_critical

fastboot flashing lock

fastboot oem reset

5 On reboot, a bootloop will obviously occur, but you can easily access the recovery stock using the hidden recovery button in the AV connector, empty the cache and flash OTA to get the final restore.

Everything has been restored, but you have lost the certificates.

Here is the link to the OTA firmware

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qwo...yMJcnbNhv/view

Comment

I also managed to restore the DRM1 license after hard work. Mecool didn't give me any help, I want to make that clear. I found the license files on the network and I rebuilt the IMG file myself. Here are the steps

1- Download the attached file and unzip it, then copy the license folder to the root of the installation path of the Amlogic burning program

2 - Upload the IMG file into the Amlogic USB flash burning program. Uncheck everything except the key box with the number and the option to overwrite keys and everything.

3 - Now you must to short-circuit the usual two round golden pins near the nand otherwise will take flash error of the IMG file of the keys

4 - Now, I used another bootloader and another dtb for the flash of the key, we must restore the original ones. Without closing the Amlogic burning program open ADB and burn original bootloader and dtb that I provide in attachment giving the following commands

update bulkcmd fastboot
          fastboot flashing unlock
          fastboot flashing unlock_critical
          fastboot flash dts dt.img
          fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
          fastboot flashing lock
          fastboot flashing lock_critical
          fastboot reboot

LINK DTB+BL ORIGINALS

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w5...4LIaMeNAintBGm

LINK KEY DRM1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14I...SuKwu0-0BVwbM-

UPDATE I m at reasearch of new key...this key not seems works
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fosseperme; 05-29-2020, 14:37.

Comment

unlocking bootloader is possible on mecool devices? didnt know that i was planning to buy mecool km1 and i want to root it. about DRM keys did you do full erase flash on amlogic usb burning tool when you were trying to restore it? if you did. it make senses why you lost DRM licenses

Comment

Hello fosseperme ,

Congratulations for your recovery,

Would you asses me since I got in some situation as your with KM1 box

I flashed the firmware using UBT version 2.2 ; and despite I got a successful burn message the TV Box never turned on after of that.

After I used Amlogic Card Maker in order to flash by microSD and then by USB.

But the main problem is that the KM1 device don't turn on at all.

I tried your process, but the PCB is quite different from others that I have seen here...

I'm sharing my PCB screenshots

Upside PCB View

Downside PCB View A

Downside PCB View B

May you advice me wich Pins I need to put on short circuit ??

Thank you a lot

Comment

Working...
              X