- Support H.265, 8K@24fps, 4K@60fps, HD 2.1, USB3.0;
    - Support: Gigabit Ethernet, 2.4&5G Dual Wifi+AC,BT4.0;
    - Support: Wallpaper Changeable, Youtube HD 4K;
    - Support Wireless Upgrade (OTA).

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Hi. Ive just ordered this from eb-ay. 4/32gb version. Any custom roms yet ? ATV maybe ??

Comment

Originally posted by damod11 View Post
      Hi. Ive just ordered this from eb-ay. 4/32gb version. Any custom roms yet ? ATV maybe ??
      Slimbox has made a ROM that will work with this box. I haven't tried it yet.... but also ROMs for the HK1_Max and H96_X3 should also work with this box, might have to find the generic Amlogic License file and insert in Burning Tool license folder on WIndows PC.

Comment

Ive only had about 7 hours use out of this and now its dead. Red and blue leds when i connect the power no boot up and no recovery. Anybody else having issues ? Im not even going to try flashing. Ill just return it and get something else. Any suggestions ?

Comment

Ive only had about 7 hours use out of this and now its dead. Red and blue leds when i connect the power no boot up and no recovery. Anybody else having issues ? Im not even going to try flashing. Ill just return it and get something else. Any suggestions ?
          Usually, if you didn't do anything odd with 'system' files or 'root' files/managers, and a TVbox takes a shite for no apparent reason then most likely it was bad Power-Supply-Unit (plug adapter). Happened to me more than once.

If you don't have a spare PSU from an old box to try (most boxes use the standard 5.5mm barrel jack with 5V/2A), and return shipping is free, then just spend the extra cash and get a Beelink, Minix, or Ugoos.

This box is good by not great when compared to devices from the three companies I mentioned. (Vontar is just a distributor/wholesaler, they order 50k+ devices at one time and get the branding for free from the Chinese OEM/ODM)

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Usually, if you didn't do anything odd with 'system' files or 'root' files/managers, and a TVbox takes a shite for no apparent reason then most likely it was bad Power-Supply-Unit (plug adapter). Happened to me more than once.

If you don't have a spare PSU from an old box to try (most boxes use the standard 5.5mm barrel jack with 5V/2A), and return shipping is free, then just spend the extra cash and get a Beelink, Minix, or Ugoos.

This box is good by not great when compared to devices from the three companies I mentioned. (Vontar is just a distributor/wholesaler, they order 50k+ devices at one time and get the branding for free from the Chinese OEM/ODM)
            Power supply is fine. Think it might be the s905x3 is not getting cooled enough. Maybe bad or no heatsink from vontar. Im returning the device so im not opening it to check.

Comment

I have to hold power on button on my Vontar X3 for almost 6+ seconds in order for it to boot from when the LEDs turn red.
              When it is blue/red with the HDMI CEC enabled from my TV it comes whenever my TV is turned on.
              Try and see if your TV's HDMI CEC is properly configured. Best of Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by resansid View Post
                I have to hold power on button on my Vontar X3 for almost 6+ seconds in order for it to boot from when the LEDs turn red.
                When it is blue/red with the HDMI CEC enabled from my TV it comes whenever my TV is turned on.
                Wheres the power button on the x3 ? hdmi cec was not the issue but i appreciate the reply. Anyway the box is returned now with a full refund issued. A95X max s905x2 bought and in the post.
                Ive read in a few sites that the s905x3 has overheating issues and needs an upgraded heatsink or a fan. Any of you guys having problems with this soc ?

Comment

Ive read in a few sites that the s905x3 has overheating issues and needs an upgraded heatsink or a fan. Any of you guys having problems with this soc ?
                  The S905X3 only has overheating issues if the OEM released the device with a janky firmware, mind you the Amlogic SoC are fine running from 0-to-75*C, thermal throttling usually doesn't occur unless device is being run hard and has to run at +76*C for 5 to 10 minutes or more. I feel most of the complaints are people not knowing the thermal throttle limit and think that over 60*C is too hot, lol.

Comment

If you know how to flash firmwares, then I highly recommend you try the SLIMBOX v7 ATV firmware, currently using the H96_Max_X3 version on my Vontar X3, and it works great.

But to correct your problem of the device not coming out of Suspend/Hibernation mode, the device needs a better configured bootloader, and the only way to do this is to set up an SDcard with CoreELEC, because the CoreELEC software has a Bootloader Injector that is their own proprietary coding, not open sourced, so you basically just install CoreELEC then go to the CoreELEC Program ADD-ON and trigger the bootloader injector and reboot. See coreelec.org website for information on configuring the SDcard and running/booting CoreELEC.

Even after installing SLIMBOX rom, still have to do a CoreELEC setup to correct the bootloader, because the ROM uses the original flawed bootloader. Only manufactures like Ugoos, Minix, Beelink, Khadas, Odroid have even taken the time to fix the flawed stock Amlogic bootloader for some of their recently released devices. I don't expect these cheaper brands like Vontar to fix it anytime soon on their own.

Comment

The S905X3 only has overheating issues if the OEM released the device with a janky firmware, mind you the Amlogic SoC are fine running from 0-to-75*C, thermal throttling usually doesn't occur unless device is being run hard and has to run at +76*C for 5 to 10 minutes or more. I feel most of the complaints are people not knowing the thermal throttle limit and think that over 60*C is too hot, lol.
                      If you live in a country when during the summer period the external temperature is 37+ C (sometimes even 40 C) and at the same time you use it for some hours watching 4K movies or playing games, then you may get readings above that critical limit. The easiest way is to use under it a USB fan (reduces the temp by 10-15 degrees Celcius). You can make it by yourself (as I did from old PC parts) or buy one.

Comment

Wheres the power button on the x3 ? hdmi cec was not the issue but i appreciate the reply. Anyway the box is returned now with a full refund issued. A95X max s905x2 bought and in the post.
                        Sorry I meant the power button on my it remote. I was not able to boot up the device unless I pull the plug and connect it back on. Finally I figured if we hold the remote power for longer than 6-7 seconds it starts to boot up.
                        It could be related to the firmware I am using. I using the Malay mod rooted rom and it works the best and very stable.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                          If you live in a country when during the summer period the external temperature is 37+ C (sometimes even 40 C) and at the same time you use it for some hours watching 4K movies or playing games, then you may get readings above that critical limit. The easiest way is to use under it a USB fan (reduces the temp by 10-15 degrees Celcius). You can make it by yourself (as I did from old PC parts) or buy one.
                          Yes, I know how to use a USB fan with a TVbox, and it also gets 40*C outside in the summer where I currently live, but inside with AirCon on during the summer days the ambient temperature is 27*C or lower inside, so in all my testing in most scenarios a fan is not needed for the newer generation Amlogic chipsets (X2/Y2/X3/S922X) -- the main reason to need a fan is if your device has a faulty bad stock firmware or if you are a heavy Android gamer, which I am not.
                          Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 08-21-2020, 15:11. Reason: typo

Comment

Sorry I meant the power button on my it remote. I was not able to boot up the device unless I pull the plug and connect it back on. Finally I figured if we hold the remote power for longer than 6-7 seconds it starts to boot up.
                            It could be related to the firmware I am using. I using the Malay mod rooted rom and it works the best and very stable.
                            Is Malay Mod firmware shared here on FreakTab? I haven't heard about that ROM yet...

Comment

Is Malay Mod firmware shared here on FreakTab? I haven't heard about that ROM yet...
                              You can download it from here https://yadi.sk/d/GWW_dL7anKvorA. The only problem is that it starts in Russian and you have to change the language "blindly" (I guess you can do it the way I first dit it). It is AOSP version. Based on this custom rom I have made one of my own where I added:
                              - In settings I added the choice to enable upper Bar / Status Bar (where you choose if you want to show IP, Mac address, CPU temp, CPU load, CPU freq. etc)
                              - Choice to enable lower Bar / Navigation Bar
                              - 2 preinstalled applications which are best (in my opinion) for Notification and Navigation Bars. You can use these at the same time as the above ones (although I do not recommend it).
                              - Other changes in apps which I think improve the rom (e.g I deleted some preinstalled roms of russian interest, I corrected the ENTER bug when using an external keyboard etc)
                              The only problem is that I have made this rom to start by default in my language but if you are interested I can easily made it to start in English.

edit: And here is a link of a previous discussion about it here in Freaktab https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...905x3-by-malay (although I have used it from almost the first days of its release).

Comment

Working...
                              X