Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PETITION AGAINST MECOOL AND VIDEOSTRONG FOR RELEASE THE FIRMWARES TO USERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No dude, there IS paint on the CPU that said Amlogic S905X3 like i said it looked like a cheap silk screen on the chip to cover the 3318 marking they covered up and repackaged an older slower chip then reflash the CPU header ID or something

This box is a SUPER poor performing box and ide bet it has speeds like the older X88 box (the gray one) that had the RK3318 chip in it

Like i said if i could post a picture of the decal on the bottom of the board that clearly says S905X3 then RK3318 its like they are leaving themself notes as to the shenanigans they are pulling so they dont get confused as to whats really being put in these boxes

When i pulled the stock heatsink off it pulled the paint off that had the chip ID "Amlogic S905X3" THATS the paint im talking about not the glue

I then found a larger heatsink and used Artic silver epoxy to reapply a new heatsink, it wasnt till i ran benchmarks with the new heatsinks that i relaized what a hunk of junk this box is

Chigztech reviewed the box on his youtube channel and got the same poor results i did but i figured his was poor from lack of cooling they all have. I figured better cooling would help but it didnt help at all

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
      I purchase different versions of the Mecool M8S boxes directly from Videostrong, for years already, because I like Mecool, as there are custom firmwares available and the quality is good.

But that has changed.

The lot of M8S Max i purchased in December last year had a few bad devices.

The lot of the same model I purchased earlier this year, had a about 25% bad devices, running unstable and running significantly hotter than the previous ones.

Reason is because they have changed to cheap components.

Where in the past they would use Samsung - Foresee or Toshiba, they have now a Biwin eMMC and a Micron or no brand for the RAM.

I will not purchase Mecool again, and I am looking for a decent make of S912 boxes, as I find the S905X3 from whatever make to have still too many issues.

Just my 2 cents
      I actually like the u2c for a 912 box, for $40. its a darn good performing box IMO, i liked it so much i paid $140. for a VIM2 Khadas kit and its slighly better only because its more customizable

The 2 boxes i tried were the X-Turbo 3/16 and the Z-Turbo also 3 gig ram and 16 memory, now this is after i moded them with better cooling. Stock they suffer from thermal throtteling because of the small case and poor ventalation but once you fix that its a killer little box.

Even though its an older chip the 8 core imo holds its own well and you cant beat it for $40. (Amazon) imo

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
        No dude, there IS paint on the CPU that said Amlogic S905X3 like i said it looked like a cheap silk screen on the chip to cover the 3318 marking they covered up and repackaged an older slower chip then reflash the CPU header ID or something

This box is a SUPER poor performing box and ide bet it has speeds like the older X88 box (the gray one) that had the RK3318 chip in it

Like i said if i could post a picture of the decal on the bottom of the board that clearly says S905X3 then RK3318 its like they are leaving themself notes as to the shenanigans they are pulling so they dont get confused as to whats really being put in these boxes

When i pulled the stock heatsink off it pulled the paint off that had the chip ID "Amlogic S905X3" THATS the paint im talking about not the glue

I then found a larger heatsink and used Artic silver epoxy to reapply a new heatsink, it wasnt till i ran benchmarks with the new heatsinks that i relaized what a hunk of junk this box is

Chigztech reviewed the box on his youtube channel and got the same poor results i did but i figured his was poor from lack of cooling they all have. I figured better cooling would help but it didnt help at all
        Why would they paint over a processor that is hidden by a heat sink anyway>

I'm not sure what a decal is, but it is possible that the PCB can be used for different processors.

Why you don't post a pick of the processor, as I'm sure you must have taken some after such a discovery, because the difference in shape and looks between an Amlogic and a Rockchip processor is like day and night.

The processor is even made from a different material, so should be very easy even covered by paint, what processor is on the board

Comment

I dont know why

, when i try and upload an image i get an error from the site. I cant even see any of the images any more.Its been like this for about 2-3 weeks now.

There use to be icons where the users who are logged in and i cant see them any more either. I dont know if its my version of windows, or the version of chrome im using needs update or maybe java or something im not sure just all of the sudden im having paroblems

When i say paint i dont mean the whole chip i mean the logo, the font and chip model number. Im not sure if they are hiding it from the user or the board builders or whos doing it.

I didnt notice the little lable or tag at the bottom right away it took me a while before i actually looked at it and noticed what it said.

Again, do a search for the older first gen X88 box, you will notice it uses the RK3318 chip

DO you have pictures of the 2 chips? 3318 and S905X3?

Amlogic has been cheating on their chips for a while, giving faulse speeds search around,i think they were cheating on benchmarks some how too

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
            I dont know why

, when i try and upload an image i get an error from the site. I cant even see any of the images any more.Its been like this for about 2-3 weeks now.

There use to be icons where the users who are logged in and i cant see them any more either. I dont know if its my version of windows, or the version of chrome im using needs update or maybe java or something im not sure just all of the sudden im having paroblems

When i say paint i dont mean the whole chip i mean the logo, the font and chip model number. Im not sure if they are hiding it from the user or the board builders or whos doing it.

I didnt notice the little lable or tag at the bottom right away it took me a while before i actually looked at it and noticed what it said.

Again, do a search for the older first gen X88 box, you will notice it uses the RK3318 chip

DO you have pictures of the 2 chips? 3318 and S905X3?

Amlogic has been cheating on their chips for a while, giving faulse speeds search around,i think they were cheating on benchmarks some how too
            I don't have pictures of the 3318, because according to their own website and other resources, it doesn't exist.

瑞芯微专注于移动互联网、数字多媒体芯片设计,是专业的个人移动信息终端SOC解决方案供应商。瑞芯微在移动互联网领域有多个较完整的自主创新的知识产权群,为中国电子业发展做出积极努力。目前产品涵盖Android平板电脑、Android电视机顶盒(智能电视)、电子书、WIFI/蓝牙音频解决方案等

These are pictures of the S905X3 and the RK3399.

If you have a picture of the processor, try to send it by PM

Amlogic S905X3, S905Y3 & S905D3 Quad Core Cortex A55 AI Processors Are Coming Soon Arm Cortex A55 (https://www.cnx-software.com/2017/05/27/arm-cortex-a75-cortex-a55-cores-and-mali-g72-gpu-details-revealed/#arm-cortex-a55) was announced together with Arm Cortex A75 processor as the first core compatible with DynamIQ

Comment

I never thought to take a picture after i removed the stock heatsink and scraped off the stock glue but when i first removed it i thought it was weird all the paint of the font came off never had that happen to any of the others. usually the font is kinda stamped into the processor so much that when removing the jell pad ive used on a few you could see the chip model indented in the pad

Wasnt till after i took some benchmarks and started messing with it more did i notice the RK3318 lable and then i started to wonder what i had

It runs hotter then my other S905X3 boards

Another thing i noticed is when i watch the Chigztech review (he also got a very low score on his review) his unit has a different top plate then mine, when he peeled off the clear plastic guard he peeled off the whole top graphics, mine isnt like his

This is the error i get when trying ti upload an image.

ImageMagick exec error found: convert: unable to open image `/var/www/forum.freaktab.com/web/tmp/vb_4e9062fd8bc8cf5c65614a764b63c429': permission denied @ error/blob.c/openblob/2701.

so i dont know whats wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                I purchase different versions of the Mecool M8S boxes directly from Videostrong, for years already, because I like Mecool, as there are custom firmwares available and the quality is good.

But that has changed.

The lot of M8S Max i purchased in December last year had a few bad devices.

The lot of the same model I purchased earlier this year, had a about 25% bad devices, running unstable and running significantly hotter than the previous ones.

Reason is because they have changed to cheap components.

Where in the past they would use Samsung - Foresee or Toshiba, they have now a Biwin eMMC and a Micron or no brand for the RAM.

I will not purchase Mecool again, and I am looking for a decent make of S912 boxes, as I find the S905X3 from whatever make to have still too many issues.

Just my 2 cents
                I just got in a Khadas VIM2 and it scored a 72K on Antutu 8.3.6, thats on par with many S905X3 boxes i have, infact my S905X2 only got a 70K, one of my N5 max got a 72k the othe rgot a 76K

If you want a good S912 board ide get one of those my u2c S912 only got a 61K but for $40. it doesnt run bad IMO

Comment

Working...
                X