x88 pro x 3 s905x3 wifi problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x88 pro x 3 s905x3 wifi problem

I have a new tv box, x88 pro x x905x, and after using it for few days, I got a message fro an update, so I pressed OK, but the update wasn't completed and I had to cancel it and reboot the box, but then I found the the wifi doesn't work, when I turn it on, it doesn't show any networks, then I tried to find an update thinking it would fix the problem, so I found a new update 20200425, but I got an error when I tried to update it using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool, and it wasn't even starting, then I searched for another update and found 20200115 (might be the stock firmware), and I was able to update the box, but the issue is still the same, turning on the wifi, no networks, then it turn off by itself.

I bought this box only because the old box had only 2.4G while the new box has alos the 5G.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

x88 Pro X3 box comes with different wifi modules, find out which one (by opening the case) your box has or flash blindly this firmwares - 4PDA thread.

Comment

Thanks matvxk, and please tell me where to find the wifi chip, I am trying to upload the box picture showing the inside chips, but the upload failed (invalid file)

Comment

x88 Pro photos, wifi chip locations e.g. SP6255 on the back of the board or on the front a large outlined square (empty ???)...

p.s.
        thread with stock firmware (x88pro-s905x3_d4_sv6152_20200602_r1...)
        Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2020, 13:48. Reason: link added

Comment

Thanks again and I have checked the link with the photos, but there was only one picture for a box that is different than mind, however, I have checked my box and didn't find chip with e.g. SP6255, but there is one chip that is covered by a sticker that might be the wifi chip, so I will try the firmware you have provided in the other link and I hope it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
            Thanks again and I have checked the link with the photos, but there was only one picture for a box that is different than mind, however, I have checked my box and didn't find chip with e.g. SP6255, but there is one chip that is covered by a sticker that might be the wifi chip, so I will try the firmware you have provided in the other link and I hope it will work.
            Hi ,

open up and make some good Pictures of both sides , ready ,

no Confusion ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Unfortunately, the firmware 20200602 didn't work, I was able to flash my box, but still no wifi networks.

Gefattern, what is the rules for uploading pictures, I am getting error although I have resized the picture for less than 1m.

Comment

Gefattern, you are a moderator and you should know the rules for uploading picture, please let me know why I am getting error when I try to upload pictures.

Comment

mishtag , try to upload pictures again, it should work now (they fixed it ???).
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2020, 08:11.

Comment

Actually, at the end I figure it out that the wifi ship is the the bottom of the box while I was checking the top chips, so, I confirm that my box wifi is sp6255, however, I have tried 3 firmware for sp6255 and all having the same problem the wifi doesn't see any networks, I live in a building, and usually, there are many networks around me, so it is not my internet service that might hide the wifi, it must be a setting problem (maybe), please give my any idea what would be the issue.

If you need me to upload the wifi picture, I would do, but it is sp6255

Comment

Working...
                    X