8k video output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8k video output

some of these S905x3 boxes claim to send an 8k signal over HDMI 2.1 and a 48gbps cable to an 8k tv. the 3 I have tested max out at 4k @ 60fps, but all will play 8k sources.

has anyone tested one that does send an 8k resolution to the tv? or is this just marketing hype?

the boxes I tested that claimed 8k output, but do not
    H96MaxX3
    TICTID TX6 Plus
    X96Air

Originally posted by vega509 View Post
    some of these S905x3 boxes claim to send an 8k signal over HDMI 2.1 and a 48gbps cable to an 8k tv. the 3 I have tested max out at 4k @ 60fps, but all will play 8k sources.

has anyone tested one that does send an 8k resolution to the tv? or is this just marketing hype?

the boxes I tested that claimed 8k output, but do not
    H96MaxX3
    TICTID TX6 Plus
    X96Air
    Hi ,

for sure marketing hype , not sure if it will work , but why is 4K/60fps not enough ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I have an 8k set and would like to see if there is a big difference as claimed. none of the apps on the set are 8k, I was hoping the specs on some of these were factual.

Comment

How would you test anyways?
        There is no 8K content available in any format is there?

Comment

youtube has 8k videos which I can play, and there are a lot of 8k videos you can download

Comment

Originally posted by vega509 View Post
            youtube has 8k videos which I can play, and there are a lot of 8k videos you can download
            Hi ,

thing it is a FW problem , not supported in FW ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

The difference is most apps are made with 1080p in mind
              -aka games, android Gui, generic apps..
              4k/8k is possible on some (if hardware permit this) units... but only using the native video/image player
              and then there False Advertising units..
              and units that does have the cpu capable of 4k/8k but...the used cheap emmc/ram/wifi chips
              or lack the right configuration / DRM
              --
              or the first batch devices where capable of 4k/8k.. but later cheap revisions/clones are not..
              yet..are sold under the same name/brand
              --
              So, don't belief the specs on the website or reseller... checkout sites like:
              cnx-software, liliputing, freaktab, androidtv.es or youtube eta prime for example

Note: to watch 2k/4k/6k/8k youtube vids with or without HDR
              requires a app named youtube vanced from XDA forum...then you need enable 'spoofing' as galaxy phone
              Last edited by mitchell4you; 07-28-2020, 11:03.

Comment

Working...
              X