Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Max X3 BT WIFI Ethernet problems

Hi,

My H96 Max X3 stopped working all of a sudden (froze screen) so I powered it off and on from the wall socket. After that, it gets stuck on the boot screen when I switch it on.

So I decided to flash the firmware using this file and guide I found here: https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade

I managed to install 'successfully' as the device is able to boot to the home screen. HOWEVER...

1) I keep getting the popup error "The Bluetooth application keeps stopping" (or something like that)
    2) My WIFI keeps turning off and cannot detect any wireless network at all
    3) My Ethernet connection doesn't work (it shows not connected)
    4) And my MAC address is stuck at 02:00:00:00....

I'm hoping I can get some help here? Thanks in advance!

Try this custom ROM :
    A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

Comment

Originally posted by mdherwin View Post
      Hi,

My H96 Max X3 stopped working all of a sudden (froze screen) so I powered it off and on from the wall socket. After that, it gets stuck on the boot screen when I switch it on.

So I decided to flash the firmware using this file and guide I found here: https://www.h96tvbox.com/content/6-Firmware-upgrade

I managed to install 'successfully' as the device is able to boot to the home screen. HOWEVER...

1) I keep getting the popup error "The Bluetooth application keeps stopping" (or something like that)
      2) My WIFI keeps turning off and cannot detect any wireless network at all
      3) My Ethernet connection doesn't work (it shows not connected)
      4) And my MAC address is stuck at 02:00:00:00....

I'm hoping I can get some help here? Thanks in advance!
      Its rather obvious that you lost your mac address. You must use USB Burning Tool and a rom that has a "mac" option (a selectable square that you MUST select along with "normal erase" etc).
      You can try my custom rom https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...amlogic-s905x3 or the custom rom mentioned above (I dont know if it has "mac" option) or even the original you already used (but selecting also mac).

Comment

Thank you both for your suggestions and help!

However, I've tried both ROMs - same thing, both burned ok but BT WIFI and Ethernet still not working. MAC address remains at 02:00:00:00:00:00 even after I select Overwrite Keys and mac.

Interestingly I opened the box and couldn't find any MAC address written. And compared with other photos I see, mine doesn't have any 'wire' connecting the board to the cover?

Could it be a hardware fault?

Comment

Thank you both for your suggestions and help!

However, I've tried both ROMs - same thing, both burned ok but BT WIFI and Ethernet still not working. MAC address remains at 02:00:00:00:00:00 even after I select Overwrite Keys and mac.

Interestingly I opened the box and couldn't find any MAC address written. And compared with other photos I see, mine doesn't have any 'wire' connecting the board to the cover?

Could it be a hardware fault?
          Do you have the new version with the BLUE motherboard or the 1st one with GREEN?

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Do you have the new version with the BLUE motherboard or the 1st one with GREEN?
            Mine is the blue motherboard. By interest, which one is the wifi chip?

Comment

Mine is the blue motherboard. By interest, which one is the wifi chip?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysyryvy8bd..._4346.JPG?dl=0
              In this new version the antenna is soldered to the board. The WiFi chip is AP6330 (I couldn't see something like this in your photo)

Comment

In this new version the antenna is soldered to the board. The WiFi chip is AP6330 (I couldn't see something like this in your photo)
                Thanks for the info. I see a silver color chip written as WP6334. Could that be it? Because at the bottom of the board there is a sticker with 6334 written on it.

Btw, I read something about using the Customization Tool to create a firmware to burn the mac_wifi key. But the thing is I don't know what's the original mac address of my unit.

http://www.bee-link.com/forum.php?mo...read&tid=53085

Comment

I attach what is written for your version in 4PDA (Google translated):

(
                  be careful here the wi-fi module ar6330, the
                  firmware from the "classic" will not work
                  On the firmware, if there is an airmaus, does not fall off after shutdown and reboot?
                  It would be interesting to see the throttling test.
                  RAM memory remained unchanged.
                  You can install firmware from Taniks th3, just bind the remote control.What shop did you get it from)

"Taniks th3" actually must be "Tanix TX3" with S905X3(Google translation)

Comment

And probably you are right that WP6334 is the wifi chip, as there is such a wifi in H96 max with RK3318 (as I found). I don't know if "ar6330" and "WP6334" are similar/same?
                    In any way it seems that the firmware that is uploaded to H96 site (and all the custom roms currently available) are incompatible with your wifi chip. So you can do the following:
                    1) Contact your seller and ask him for the firmware
                    2) Try the suggestion from 4PDA and burn the Tanix TX3 (Of course I take no responsibility for such an action, as I have not tried it - I have one H96 with Green board)
                    Good luck.

Comment

I think that another solution for you would be to ask from another user that also has this BLUE board, to make a TWRP backup of his System and Vendor partitions (using a NOT PERMANENT TWRP from sd card). I already asked for such a backup in the 4PDA forum of H96 max X3. I don't know if anybody will do that.

Comment

Thanks, greatly appreciate all you help and advice!

I think I will contact the seller first if he can help. Also, do you have the link to the forum discussion on 4PDA please? thanks!

Comment

Thanks, greatly appreciate all you help and advice!

I think I will contact the seller first if he can help. Also, do you have the link to the forum discussion on 4PDA please? thanks!
                          https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...978030&st=1660
                          Already at the next post someone uploaded the photo of his BLUE board where clearly his wifi is AR6330. Take a look there.
                          I am sure with this or another way everything will be fixed.

Comment

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...978030&st=1660
                            Already at the next post someone uploaded the photo of his BLUE board where clearly his wifi is AR6330. Take a look there.
                            I am sure with this or another way everything will be fixed.
                            Are you referring to this post about installing TWRP https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=99428439

Sorry because I'm not too familiar with Android TV boxes - this was my first one haha..

1) When you say install Terminal Emulator, meaning install and run on the box itself?
                            2) Save the TWRP on a SD card and insert the SD card into the box?

Really sorry if I have trouble understanding, and thank you for you help and patience.

Comment

Are you referring to this post about installing TWRP https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=99428439

Sorry because I'm not too familiar with Android TV boxes - this was my first one haha..

1) When you say install Terminal Emulator, meaning install and run on the box itself?
                              2) Save the TWRP on a SD card and insert the SD card into the box?

Really sorry if I have trouble understanding, and thank you for you help and patience.
                              No. The post for TWRP and backup through it was not for you, but for someone who has a BLUE board as yours. The Photo I refer to is:

and you can see clearly AP6330.

Comment

Working...
                              X