No announcement yet.

[Bricked] VONTAR X3 Amlogic S905X3 4/64GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I think that "Force Erase" and "Erase All" do exactly the same. Also I don't think your box has any DRM to lose (like xiaomi, mecool etc).
    2. Try to keep shorting the pins even after burning starts, hoping that it will pass the 3% or 7% point. This is something I have never done, but was done by some users when unbricking H96 max X3 (blue board - which is almost the same as yours - as hardware is concerned) at 4pda.I don't think that was the crucial point, but you have nothing to lose.
    3. Since you got your refund and you have a "free" box it is logical to try any method to revive this box. That what I was going to do if I were you. Even just for the fun of experience. It is possible though (according to information from 4pda) that is something wrong with the memory modules. I hope they are wrong.
    4. Finally the procedure I always do is:
    - Load the firmware and press START. Connect one end of the cable
    - While keep shorting I connect the other end of the cable (you may have to use different USB ports of your PC and would be even better if you have a cable which has 2 USBs -like some cables for older external HDDs).

Comment

Another thing you may try (as a last resort of course) is to raise the temperature of emmc (using for example a hairdryer) and try to flash it immediately after.
      This is something to do as one of your last tries. You are the only one responsible to try it or not.

Comment

Greetings Ioocas

4 RED FLAGS all point to same thing.(U-BOOT-Bootloader)

1 RiCkLaR posted BL2 is common to X2 and X3 if Ram is same spec

2 Error at 7% in Burning Tool relates/associated with U-BOOT

3 Log From Burning Tool BL2 report error code = 32 (Wrong or Missing config)

4 PuTTy Log last line All DDR Config Failed

It may be What ath156 posted Bad RAM (Memory Module) From Russian Board

With CoreElec you do Bypass eMMc
        However you always need RAM to temp store Data for CPU To Execute Boot

Other Observations
        Is thr USB OTG Port designated?
        Is thr Micro USB/OTG Port ?

You Tried Amlogic Boot Card Maker
        Where did you get binary u-boot.bin.sd bin file For S905x3?

Comment

I have never heard of Hairdryer Trick?

Maybe not a good idea

Overvoltage/Heat can Corrupt RAM...

In this case If it is Bad Memory Module......
          Make be Corrupt allready

Or on first Time Turn on OverVoltage ...

Just More Thoughts

Comment

*****Good day everyone.
            Yesterday, while watching HD VideoBox, the Vontar X3 set-top box froze, did not react to anything. Turned off the power and it no longer boots.
            Two LEDs red and blue are on. No manipulations with clamping Reset helped.
            I decided to flash through UBT.
            The prefix is
            ??defined.
            The firmware process reaches 7% and after formating it gives an error Uboot / Get result / DiskInstal error
            If you remove all the checkboxes, the process reaches 9% and after that it gives an error UBOOT / Partition_aml_dtb / Verify patition / Timeout error
            What should be checked in the settings?
            How to solve the problem of stopping the firmware process?

*****rum flush ordered to live long.
            *****Sadness. So there are no more options?
            *****You can also try profiling, only through a stencil, so as not to blow off the SMD parts. By temperature - on special. forums.
            ***** you can also fry in the oven

*****it will not work, the temperature is too small, it is better to be careful with a hairdryer, and even better to the service center, where the memory chip will warm up more evenly
            __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
            The above dialog is from 13/3/2020 at the Vontar X3 Topic at 4pda. The difference here from yours is that yours didn’t actually function even for a moment. Such cases (in new Vontar X3 boxes) are very common lately. Probably there is something wrong to certain pieces in production? Anyway from the 1st moment I said “as last resort method”. Good luck to whatever you do.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
              *****Good day everyone.
              Yesterday, while watching HD VideoBox, the Vontar X3 set-top box froze, did not react to anything. Turned off the power and it no longer boots.
              Two LEDs red and blue are on. No manipulations with clamping Reset helped.
              I decided to flash through UBT.
              The prefix is
              ??defined.
              The firmware process reaches 7% and after formating it gives an error Uboot / Get result / DiskInstal error
              If you remove all the checkboxes, the process reaches 9% and after that it gives an error UBOOT / Partition_aml_dtb / Verify patition / Timeout error
              What should be checked in the settings?
              How to solve the problem of stopping the firmware process?

*****rum flush ordered to live long.
              *****Sadness. So there are no more options?
              *****You can also try profiling, only through a stencil, so as not to blow off the SMD parts. By temperature - on special. forums.
              ***** you can also fry in the oven

*****it will not work, the temperature is too small, it is better to be careful with a hairdryer, and even better to the service center, where the memory chip will warm up more evenly
              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
              The above dialog is from 13/3/2020 at the Vontar X3 Topic at 4pda. The difference here from yours is that yours didn’t actually function even for a moment. Such cases (in new Vontar X3 boxes) are very common lately. Probably there is something wrong to certain pieces in production? Anyway from the 1st moment I said “as last resort method”. Good luck to whatever you do.
              Here your uboot writes that there is some kind of error in the dtb section .While dtb is easy to parse and edit , uboot is much more difficult to parse and edit.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

Here your uboot writes that there is some kind of error in the dtb section .While dtb is easy to parse and edit , uboot is much more difficult to parse and edit.
                The question here is if it is a Software or Hardware problem.
                For hardware problems there are some times very strange solutions/tricks. For example and for very-very old HDD which had problems, sometimes placing them in the refrigarator fixed the problem !!! (there is always an explanation for if and why some things happen).

Comment

any news? mine also gave 7% formatting problem ... how is the short of the pins? are the golden ones? together?

Comment

The problem is the dam chipset s905x3... i bought A95xf3 air one year ago.... same chipset too hoot temperature... after months of getting in troubles i dicided to bring to repair... but engineer cant repair it cuz he needs the stencil.... about 7% 3% or what ever % its bcuz you need configure some option in the peogram if you did already then chipset its too hoot by bad soldering i recommend you put your box under fresh air.. but it will fail soon or later.. i told you because i had all these damn problems for one year

Comment

tried everything and could not install the firmware. short of pins do not work, were all the methods I found and nothing went right. I just didn't throw it away because I thought that someday a solution might come up. this when talking about cooling, in the first use I already put an 8x8 fan on it. I now believe that to be able to unlock only by taking a technician to test the hardware components. unfortunately I don't know any around. I am very sad with the device that did not work even 7 hours. I do not recommend to anyone this will x3.

Comment

Originally posted by rootkonsole View Post
                        tried everything and could not install the firmware. short of pins do not work, were all the methods I found and nothing went right. I just didn't throw it away because I thought that someday a solution might come up. this when talking about cooling, in the first use I already put an 8x8 fan on it. I now believe that to be able to unlock only by taking a technician to test the hardware components. unfortunately I don't know any around. I am very sad with the device that did not work even 7 hours. I do not recommend to anyone this will x3.
                        As a last option you can try what I suggest at post #17. Using this method some people at 4pda managed to revive their box. Of course it is a potentially risky operation and it needs to take some precautions.
                        - For example if you use a hairdryer to raise the temperature of EMMC you must take care not to raise the temperature of other components of your box at the same time. You can use a very thin hose of the hairdryer (if there is one), limit the one you already have with some material, cover the other parts of the box etc. There are some more specialized tools to raise the temperature, but most probably you will not have one (look at tools used to raise the temperature when changing the screen of a smartphone etc).
                        - If you finally decide to risk this revival method, you should try to flash the new rom immediately.

I repeat that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own risk and you are the only one to blame if something goes wrong.
                        Good Luck to whatever you decide to do

Comment

I even tried the dryer, without forcing it too hard and I didn't have any positive results ... I believe the flash memory is in trouble ... I also tried to start with the SD card, not the image.

Comment

I even tried the dryer, without forcing it too hard and I didn't have any positive results ... I believe the flash memory is in trouble ... I also tried to start with the SD card, not the image.
                            Yes it is a pitty that so many boxes from this maker seem to have such problems, while others of the same "family" (H96 max X3, HK1 Box, HK1 X3, Bqeel Y8 max etc) don't have any of these problems.

Comment

t
                              Iam still following this thread

I just read this in another older thread

Have you tried changing Temp Range in USB Burning tool
                              Click on View TAB
                              Change to 20 / 60
                              Or 20 / 80
                              Or 0 / 90

Not sure if it will help
                              But it helped others when stuck at 97%
                              Last edited by freddy; 12-05-2020, 17:30. Reason: USB Burning Tool Not AMlogic Tool

Comment

He had already changed the temperature at random, but not in the indications he suggested. I'm going to test and then I'll come back with a result. thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X