S905X3 ARM8 (x64) support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S905X3 ARM8 (x64) support

First of all sorry if this question has been faced before (I haven't found it).
    The question is: If SX905X3 has hardware support for x64, why all the firmwares for it are based in x32?

Originally posted by jcabad66 View Post
    First of all sorry if this question has been faced before (I haven't found it).
    The question is: If SX905X3 has hardware support for x64, why all the firmwares for it are based in x32?
    Because all the drivers are in 32-bit and no one spends the time to develop 64-bit, also meaning cheaper devices.
    Blame Amlogic.
    But Google will force all new Android OS's to only use 64-bit, so in future 32-biut OS's won't be possible anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Because all the drivers are in 32-bit and no one spends the time to develop 64-bit, also meaning cheaper devices.
      Blame Amlogic.
      But Google will force all new Android OS's to only use 64-bit, so in future 32-biut OS's won't be possible anymore.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Blame Amlogic.
        Hi Mo123,

any link? from android 11,all shall be forced in 64-bit?

Comment

The s905x has android 8 firmware with arm64 support.It can be developed.With the same success amlogic can do for s905x3.Now project treble is a great success.Only how now to install android 12 on s905x3?

Comment

Hmmmmmmm

Thx for info mo123

Some good reading there at appuals

CPU may support both 32 and 64

However Kernel Architecture is 32 bit only?

Comment

Here google realesed android 11 atv on s905x2 tv box.Theres a 64 bit core.
            Today, Google is announcing the Android 11 Developer Preview for the ADT-3 box. Developers can now begin testing their apps for Android 11 on TV.

Comment

I downloaded this firmware and disassembled.There really is a 64bit kernel.Only this is ota zip.It is necessary to make a firmware for UBT from this firmware.Then you can test it.However there is little chanse of success.

Comment

What I noticed is that even tho the S905x3 can support 32/64bit and vulkin, i does not work with android 9.0 BUT Chromecast s905x3 with andriod 10 does work 64bit and vulkin. so what we need is a firmware with android 10 for the s905x3 boxes to work with vulkin and 64bit for better emulation support.

I really wish amlogic would make a tablet with their cpu on it to use emuelec or have samsung make a smaller screen tablet maybe 7 or 8in screen with the SD 855 or sd865 for portable friendly gaming emulation support.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                X