X96 Max Plus not turning on after successful flash with correct ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 Max Plus not turning on after successful flash with correct ROM

I got two of these boxes 2GB 16 GB sent over from China, checked they both turned on and that they were good, put them away for a few weeks. went to use them one would not turn on this time, the other is fine, tried USB burning tool, it could not see the box, tried SD card method, no joy, I know I have the correct Firmware as the seller sent it to me, looked everywhere online for the pin positions, found a picture on here i think that was close but not correct, after a bit of trial and error i found them, got the sound from the USB burning tool, boom It flashed succesfully ! I thought I had cracked it finally, put it back together tried it on the TV and nothing,. Just flashed it again first time again no errors successful flash. So why is it not turning on still ? anybody shed some light on this ?

When you flash it did you erase flash? No video signal? Anything on LED? Does it heat up when connected to power?

Comment

I did normal flash, but unfortunately the box is completely dead absolutely nothing, no lights whatsoever, no it doesn't heat up, the seller on Ali Express asked me to upload a video showing the flash was exactly to their specifications (they sent a video with the firmware but it was exactly how I would flash. then they asked me to send it back to China so they could " help diagnose the issue" but the shipping is 50% of the price of the device and I have no trust left for this seller , I have had many devices from Ali Express and up to now all sellers have been good if there were any issues and that was always quite rare.
      I have decided to cut my losses and not send it back I have done everything they have asked and not prepared to throw good money after bad and have bought again from a different seller. I have tried several times again to flash this box even trying SD card method but it's lifeless, just don't understand how I can after a while get the connection sound to the burning tool, flash successfully but nothing still, tried different psu 's that I know are good band also tried the power lead from the faulty device on others and it's good Head scratcher

Comment

Here you can read how the X96 max plus 2gb/16gb is split:

Comment

Working...
        X