I can no longer mount my external hdd drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can no longer mount my external hdd drive

Hello everyone! I have traveled the entire forum and I see that it happened to nobody. I have x96 max plus 2 and I installed slimbox 10.5 pie. It is a wonderful rom, which I transform from such a rustic box into a luxury box! But from that moment on, I could never mount my external hdd drive again ... What could have happened? Did the same thing happen to someone? Thank you very much and greetings!

You should give more info
    Name brand external drive ?
    Is it powered external aka by adaptor ?
    Does it have partitions ?
    Is it running Fat32/NTFs/....

Possible options
    Total commander with a add-on / paragon

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Mitchell! It is Toshiba Canvio external Hard Drive 1TB without external power. It has no partitions and is on NTFS. Previously used the rom of Vasily Shevchuk
      and I mounted it without problems, but since I installed slimbox 10.5, I could never mount it again .... Any pendrive takes it without problems, but the external hard drive never again. Thank you very much and greetings Mitchell!

Comment

Hi Mitchell! I have tried exFAT NTFS for USB by Paragon and Total Commander but it has not given me results or I do not know how to use it. It is a pity that I can no longer mount my hdd, in which I have many movies ... Thank you anyway for your interest and for helping me. A big hug!

Comment

Can anyone help me with this? I can't believe the same thing happened to anyone ...

Comment

Your harddrive is proberly not getting enough power (amp) to run

Options are:
            Get a NAS
            Use USB port from your router, then share the contens from your HD ( SMB / FTP / ... ) to your network
            Get a Sd-card ( the go up to 2TB )
            External powered Harddisk
            Use a Cloud based file sharing site
            Get a OTG Y-cable ( female usb --> Data and Power male usb connector )
            Get a external powered Hub
            Get a Displaylink device ( its like a external hub, but witth more options )
            Share HD contents from a PC ( plex server/ftp/smb/.. )

Just some thoughts

Comment

Great Mitchell! You have given me many options! I will try one by one. Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

Working...
              X