Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any firmwares that can be flashed to encrypted box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any firmwares that can be flashed to encrypted box?

Hi

I'm the unfortunate owner of an encrypted X88 Pro X3 box bought on Amazon. The stock firmware is horrible, and I would really love to get either ATV or LibreELEC on it. Or anything, really, other than what it came with

I'm at the point where I've succeeded in actually getting the device to recognize in AML Burn Tool, but I can't flash ROMs because it's encrypted — stalls at 1%, bugs out with "Romcode/Need PWD" in the most recent Burn Tool, "Romcode/Initialize DDR/Download buffer/USB transfer error" on older versions.

I'm so confused about this. There are sooo many variants and firmwares and dead links, and TWRPs and SD card vs. OTG connection vs. batch file in a command prompt...

Has any one of you successfully flashed an encrypted box like this? I really need help :'(

Thank you so much if you can help — anything is appreciated.

Originally posted by DanielSB View Post
    Hi

I'm the unfortunate owner of an encrypted X88 Pro X3 box bought on Amazon. The stock firmware is horrible, and I would really love to get either ATV or LibreELEC on it. Or anything, really, other than what it came with

I'm at the point where I've succeeded in actually getting the device to recognize in AML Burn Tool, but I can't flash ROMs because it's encrypted — stalls at 1%, bugs out with "Romcode/Need PWD" in the most recent Burn Tool, "Romcode/Initialize DDR/Download buffer/USB transfer error" on older versions.

I'm so confused about this. There are sooo many variants and firmwares and dead links, and TWRPs and SD card vs. OTG connection vs. batch file in a command prompt...

Has any one of you successfully flashed an encrypted box like this? I really need help :'(

Thank you so much if you can help — anything is appreciated.
    Did you try this ? https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=96036753
    Use Google translate.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Did you try this ? https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=96036753
      Use Google translate.
      Ha! That's funny That's exactly the one I just found and managed to get installed. Are you using this? I have AFRd running great with root enabled, but I still have stuttering in Kodi on playback, and also it doesn't detect that my LG OLED TV supports 2160p60, so it won't go above 2160p30 — do you know how to fix either of these issues?

Thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSB View Post

Ha! That's funny That's exactly the one I just found and managed to get installed. Are you using this? I have AFRd running great with root enabled, but I still have stuttering in Kodi on playback, and also it doesn't detect that my LG OLED TV supports 2160p60, so it won't go above 2160p30 — do you know how to fix either of these issues?

Thanks mate
        Check in the file "build.prop" in "system/vendor" if there is a line "line ro.vendor.platform.support.over.4k30 = false " and change it to "true".
        If there is no such line, just add it.
        FYI I do not have this box.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Check in the file "build.prop" in "system/vendor" if there is a line "line ro.vendor.platform.support.over.4k30 = false " and change it to "true".
          If there is no such line, just add it.
          FYI I do not have this box.
          Thank you, I went looking for that, and it's already there, enabled. I suspected as much, as when I plug it into my computer monitor, it does offer 2160p60, so I'm guessing it's an EDID thing... Just weird, because if I plug computers into the TV, they do allow me to select 60 Hz 4k... I was hoping I could somehow enter the resolution manually, but it doesn't seem so. Though I *can* enter it into AFRd, and I have, but I haven't yet tried any content that's actually 60 fps. Better do that

Comment

Working...
          X