Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Ugoos X3 ATV_by_Sasvlad ( AndroidTV 9.0 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated: Ugoos X3 Android TV by Sasvlad v.0.3.3 (DualBoot and SingleBoot)

Comment

sorry
      Last edited by T160r; 06-05-2020, 14:10.

Comment

sasvlad
        do u have regular youtube app in this rom?

Comment

Originally posted by ministerjee View Post
          sasvlad
          do u have regular youtube app in this rom?
          No. Just Smart YouTube and SYTube Bridge instead of YouTube Leanback.
          But you can uninstall it and put everything you want instead.

Comment

Thank you sasvlad, today i tried your latest 0.3.3 dualboot rom...im happy to say its seems to be working great..one thing i have noticed tho, when i cast from android phone to box ATV smart youtube app that came with rom..on some videos it says something went wrong, report/Back. is there a fix?

Originally posted by Sasvlad View Post

No. Just Smart YouTube and SYTube Bridge instead of YouTube Leanback.
            But you can uninstall it and put everything you want instead.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
              As long as customers keep on buying cheap broken devices, these no name companies won't fix a thing, only when they die out and only a few companies are left that care about their customers and implement regular software updates, will things change.
              100% Agree with Mo here.

I've been heartily recommending Ugoos X2/ X3 Cubes and the AM6 over on the Kodi Hardware forums a lot recently due to the fact Ugoos actually care about the quality of their Firmware, Hardware and most importantly after sales bug busting support.

Comment

Hi Sasvlad,

In this Android TV rom for X3, are DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD passthrough supported in Kodi (Android TV), as you did in your rom for Ugoos X2 ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by titi83 View Post
                  Hi Sasvlad,

In this Android TV rom for X3, are DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD passthrough supported in Kodi (Android TV), as you did in your rom for Ugoos X2 ?

Thanks
                  Yes, since last year.
                  Make sure to use Kodi 18.7 or higher for the best media playback.
                  Remember the firmware only works on the Ugoos X3 and not other S905X3 devices.

Comment

Ok mo123, thank you, but just to be sure, we are talking about real hd formats (DTS-HD), and not about the core DTS ?
                    Is "DTS-HD" correctly displayed ont the receiver ?

Another question, can I use a Mi Box S remote control with this ATV rom ? or any other BT 4.2 remote ?

Thanks for your help !

Comment

i have the dualboot 0.3.3 on my x3 that i just got.i tested some atmos/Dolby HD audio samples last night on the android , and they appears to be working.My amp was displaying it correctly, but it took me a little while to setup everything in kodi.. i also tested it in CE, and result was same. I will be using the android side more due to more options/apps available.. i went for dualboot rom because i thought some of the codecs will not work on android side.

i do want to ask.. other then enabling all the codec options under audio settings inside Kodi.. what channel settings (2nd option from top) we should select.???.default 2.0 fine or 7.1/5.1 will be better, or it does not matter as all processing will be done by amp.

Comment

titi83
                        i dont know about mi box remote, since i dont have it but i was able to successfully connect my firetv 4k remote with x3 via bluetooth..it did not paired first time , but worked 2nd time.

Comment

Hi ministerjee,

Thanks for your testing, If you use your amp, yes it does not matter as all processing will be done actually by amp, as you said.

Comment

Hi sasvalad
                            i also have one more query want to ask... i moved my x3 to my 65 inch OLED 4k LG tv. and im able to wake it up (both tv/box) using the power/any button on my bluetooth remote... but im unable to turn the TV off when i put my x3 box sleep. There are some settings in power option on X3..but im unable to find any regarding turning the TV off when X3 sleeps. can u help??? this function was working with nvidia shield so i think TV is not the issue here?

Comment

Update: [ROM] Ugoos X3 Android TV by Sasvlad v.0.3.4

Comment

I use file Update V.0.3.4 but can't update in system. So i flash by twrp. It installed successfully But the device does not open.

Comment

Working...
                                X