Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] "GENERIC" SC v2.0 USER/USERDEBUG - S905x2 / S905x3 - "Normal" Android 9

DISCLAIMER: MY ROMs(WORK) CAN NOT BUT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

WARNING: GENERIC FOR ME MEANS BASED ON AML REFERENCE DESIGN BOARDS, AS ALWAYS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...!

Anyway, one more rom/fw for you all!
    And many thks to trebor for be my beta tester
    Build from Latest source, all changes done in source itself...
    Btw from now on im going to be very "economical" about my changelogs...

Differences of USER and USERDEBUG builds:

User Build: This build is done to be as close to a company rls as possible, it does not have root or twrp and is compiled with rls keys and SELINUX enforced, what this means for you?
    Well it means lot more apps show in Playstore that didn't show before, (EX: my isp androidtv live tv app, only shows in Playstore non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app does not even play in rooted devices.). Like this there's lots of other ISP/NON ISP apps Out there....

UserDebug Build: This build does have root, twrp, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there.., but of course you will lose the above...

OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT LOSE WIDEVINE L1 IN ANY OF THE BUILDS... IF YOUR DEVICE HAS WIDEVINE L1...

CHOOSE YOUR VENNON........

Changelog v2.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Improved DDR timings.
    • Fixed the annoying random waking up from sleep or shutdown.
    • Added bluetooth to side settings.
    • Added small delay on google assistant, so on default remote you need to keep the button pressed to work, single press does not work.
    • (Cont. from above) i did it like this since this remote need you to keep the MIC button pressed for listening you.
    • Gone back to "basic" on "Normal" build, if you do not notice it... then you do not need to know anyway lol...
    • And lots of other stuff...
    Bugs:
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!

Changelog v1.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Long press Home button to show navigation bar, double press shows recents.
    • Dolby Atmos HW decode support (NOT HD)
    • Reboot to TWRP or Switch OS ( Only on UserDebug build )
    • Bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla bla...
    • etc.....
    Bugs:
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool v2.2.0 to burn the IMG.

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
    Last edited by superceleron; 01-09-2024, 17:59.

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    Enjoy it!
    X96 Air p2 - The box dont start with this firmware. Dont any indication, no signal on HDMI-out, dont work recovery key, and dont connect to PC (((( I am very disappointed and go looking to maskrom

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
      X96 Air p2 - The box dont start with this firmware. Dont any indication, no signal on HDMI-out, dont work recovery key, and dont connect to PC (((( I am very disappointed and go looking to maskrom
      Well, looks like yours is to "different" from aml reference design!

Comment

SC, Only burn images?
        Any plans for a recovery loaded ota zip file?
        Stk. recovery process will have to be the only on-box rescue tool?
        Will it take a twrp mod, or will this break either your rom or the box?
        thnks as always!
        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

• trebor
          trebor commented
          Editing a comment
          You mention there is nothing, now you want an OTA,
          Get a PC and be PC
          instead of UPC or something like that

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
        SC, Only burn images?
        Any plans for a recovery loaded ota zip file?
        Stk. recovery process will have to be the only on-box rescue tool?
        Will it take a twrp mod, or will this break either your rom or the box?
        thnks as always!
        Yes i only do img, and i hardly have the time to do even that.
        No no plans to do any recovery zip.
        Like i said "WARNING: GENERIC FOR ME MEANS BASED ON AML REFERENCE DESIGN BOARDS, AS ALWAYS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...!"
        What this means, you better know how to put your box in maskrom mode just in case!

Comment

please be so kind, please tell me how to add supersu to this firmware

Comment

Originally posted by vlad2214 View Post
            please be so kind, please tell me how to add supersu to this firmware
            Did you read the post? just use the USERDEBUG build... is already rooted!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Did you read the post? just use the USERDEBUG build... is already rooted!
              I know, I downloaded and tried to eat root as in official firmware, but I need (root + supersu) for the TTL master to work correctly

Comment

superceleronNice Disclosure. This provides protection for your personal work vs. your commercial endeavors?
                Keeping everyone happy and safe, and allowing your freaktab.co freedom?
                if so, Bravo!
                Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                  superceleronNice Disclosure. This provides protection for your personal work vs. your commercial endeavors?
                  Keeping everyone happy and safe, and allowing your freaktab.co freedom?
                  if so, Bravo!
                  i have to keep all happy or else no more sc roms... at least for a good while!

Comment

Will Wi-Fi work on this ROM, for a Tanix Tx5 Max with an RTL chip? I know that in the previous Pie version it didn't, but keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by electrofreak View Post
                      Will Wi-Fi work on this ROM, for a Tanix Tx5 Max with an RTL chip? I know that in the previous Pie version it didn't, but keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks!
                      sorry mate but no, really dunno what is wrong with the driver.., eth works just fine bt works fine (if i compile with rtl bt support) but not the damn rtl wifi... at least the 8822 that is the one on TX5 max, its the only s905x2 with rtl chips that i have!

Comment

ok... i just got today a box with a RTL 8822 and the wifi is working great on it but... this 8822 is the RTL8822CS, and the one used in TX5 Max is the RTL8822BS version, and this RTL driver does not have support for it
                        The only difference between the 2 is that CS one has 5.0 BT and the BS one as 4.2...

Comment

It still remains on the "superceleron" screen on t95x2 4/64 (S905x2)

Comment

Originally posted by mega-samu View Post
                            It still remains on the "superceleron" screen on t95x2 4/64 (S905x2)
                            well that means its not compatible with your emmc, it cant format it that is why it stays on that screen!

Comment

Working...
                            X