This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    superceleron I saw this post in the review of the Gt1 Mini2 thread, do you know if this is working in your ROM?

Beelink GT1mini - 2 Smart TV Box with 2.4G Voice Remote Amlogic S905X3 / Android 9.0 / 4GB DDR4 + 64GB ROM / 2.4G + 5.8G WiFi / 1000Mbps / USB 3.0 / BT 4.0 / VP9 / H.265 https://i.imgur.com/QOn7y6p.png https://des.gbtcdn.com/uploads/pdm-desc-pic/Electronic/image/2019/07/06/1562403207729673.jpg Specification as Found

Hi, I have a problem with HDR10+ video files (SMPTE ST 2094) on my GT1-mini2, since my TV propably don't support HDR10+ it should fallback to HDR10 (this happens when i'm using internal player from my TV) but it doesn't work at all on GT1mini2 and presents "washed/grayed" colours, official spec state that this box support HDR10+. All HDR10 videos (SMPTE ST 2086) works well, and by the way, if i open HDR10+ file the HDR feature breaks and my TV isn't triggering HDR mode even for the "normal" HDR10 until i replug HDMI cable/change resolution etc.

and

Quite disappointed. I got feedback that the codec of this box is bad !

The author of the netflix kodi plugin has given up hope on it, it can't decode basic video on netflix properly.
    dunno really, and i do not have time now to test it!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

you need to be very fast, keep pressing enter in putty screen!
      I'm pressing as fast as I can and can't get a prompt. also tried in another pc, same thing.

Originally posted by blust0ne View Post

check the boot stage with putty log file or attach your log file for reference.

BL1 BL2 BL3-1 --> BL3-3 ( you can get a uart console access here, in 2-3 second after power on)
      here is boot log https://pastebin.com/QZLegy3Q

do I need to connect the 3.3v? I only connected ground,Tx and RX

Comment

• superceleron
        superceleron commented
        Editing a comment
        no you do not need the 3.3v ...
        Well then something is wrong with you connection, because you have to get a shell, since it gets past uboot and only gets stuck in kernel emmc format!

to napalmd

you have to try override the eMMC , then you can boot microsd that is prepared by burn card maker.

If your box is really bricked then if you connect via serial console to it you will only see the following looping: GXM:BL1:dc8b51:76f1a5;FEAT:ADFC318C:0;POC:3;RCY:

maybe try to use the aluminium foil like amazon fire stick 4K rooting process,

Attached Files

Comment

to napalmd

you have to try override the eMMC , then you can boot microsd that is prepared by burn card maker.

If your box is really bricked then if you connect via serial console to it you will only see the following looping: GXM:BL1:dc8b51:76f1a5;FEAT:ADFC318C:0;POC:3;RCY:

maybe try to use the aluminium foil like amazon fire stick 4K rooting process,
        Sorry I'm not familiar with the aluminium foil trick.
        I already tried with the micro sd card prepared with burn card maker but it does not work.
        Also my board is different I don't have those pins, and how should I use the pins? short them on boot?
        thanks again for all the help.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

try the jumper first and then other point near the eMMC.

I found the location between s905x and eMMC.

You need the plug with power on switch.

first , short the point with pinset.

power-on and then quickly release the short point ( a few milisecond is enough )

check putty log shows :

G12A:BL:0253b8:61aa2d;FEAT:E0F83180:2000;POC:F;RCY :0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1 F;SD?:0;SD:0;READ:0;0.0
          bl2_stage_init 0x01
          bl2_stage_init 0x81
          hw id: 0x0001 - pwm id 0x00
          bl2_stage_init 0xc0
          bl2_stage_init 0x02

no sdio debug board detected

==> and then the cpu loads the bootloader from microsd or usb, not eMMC(has bad bootloader).
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by sanfred View Post
            Work in a x96 max plus s905x3?
            x96 max plus s905x3

I read this thread and understand it should work, but can someone please verify it? I think this box is quite popular, so there is a chance someone alrady tried it

Comment

Originally posted by evlo View Post

x96 max plus s905x3

I read this thread and understand it should work, but can someone please verify it? I think this box is quite popular, so there is a chance someone alrady tried it
              It should work just fine, but you will lose the front display and reset button!

Comment

try the jumper first and then other point near the eMMC.

I found the location between s905x and eMMC.

You need the plug with power on switch.

first , short the point with pinset.

power-on and then quickly release the short point ( a few milisecond is enough )

check putty log shows :

G12A:BL:0253b8:61aa2d;FEAT:E0F83180:2000;POC:F;RCY :0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1 F;SD?:0;SD:0;READ:0;0.0
                bl2_stage_init 0x01
                bl2_stage_init 0x81
                hw id: 0x0001 - pwm id 0x00
                bl2_stage_init 0xc0
                bl2_stage_init 0x02

no sdio debug board detected

==> and then the cpu loads the bootloader from microsd or usb, not eMMC(has bad bootloader).
                putty log is the same with or without shorting pins, so I can't boot from sdcard...
                the chip is labelled KLMBG2JENB-B041, I found the datasheet but the pins are on the bottom, and there are no way to see what are those on the side of the chip... https://datasheetspdf.com/parts/KLMB...pdf?id=1267094
                Last edited by napalmd; 01-27-2020, 19:11. Reason: correct model chip

Comment

Great work, love this firmware. Only one Question. Why this firmware use only 2gb of Ram instead of 4gb on my GT1 mini.

Comment

Originally posted by napalmd View Post

putty log is the same with or without shorting pins, so I can't boot from sdcard...
                    the chip is labelled KLMBG2JENB-B041, I found the datasheet but the pins are on the bottom, and there are no way to see what are those on the side of the chip... https://datasheetspdf.com/parts/KLMB...pdf?id=1267094

The board has dual design layout , BGA and TSOP. the pattern line may be shared.

check tsop48 pin map , http://www.onfi.org/-/media/client/o...gold.pdf?la=en

Comment

The board has dual design layout , BGA and TSOP. the pattern line may be shared.

check tsop48 pin map , http://www.onfi.org/-/media/client/o...gold.pdf?la=en
                      I finally did it! thank you.
                      After reading both datasheets, and you my low knowledge on the subject, I figured that DAT0 must be the pin 29 IO0 or DQ0, so I shorted it on boot and then it booted from the sd card and flashed the correct rom.
                      So here is if anyone else needs it.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	dat0.JPG Views:	0 Size:	138.7 KB ID:	796549

Comment

i tried with T95Q and i find it a bit slow, unlike your previous build. i reverted back to your previous build.
                        my oem remote with mic still not working with voice control in this build.
                        i tried to merge some remote.tab found in vendor using other GT1 roms that worked well with my remote, but only the voice having issue in this rom.
                        is there other file or config that i can change in your build to make my voice remote work?

Comment

Originally posted by raptur3d View Post
                          i tried with T95Q and i find it a bit slow, unlike your previous build. i reverted back to your previous build.
                          my oem remote with mic still not working with voice control in this build.
                          i tried to merge some remote.tab found in vendor using other GT1 roms that worked well with my remote, but only the voice having issue in this rom.
                          is there other file or config that i can change in your build to make my voice remote work?
                          well i think i found the issue of voice not working in oem remotes, i will do a newer build when i can!

Comment

Hello
                            just tried to flash a X96 Max Plus, but USB Burning Tool (v2.2.0) stopped at 3% with

[0x10303004]Romcode/Switch status/Identify/Error result

I'm quite new at troubleshooting these boxes, can I provide anything to get this fixed?

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by horstepipe View Post
                              Hello
                              just tried to flash a X96 Max Plus, but USB Burning Tool (v2.2.0) stopped at 3% with

[0x10303004]Romcode/Switch status/Identify/Error result

I'm quite new at troubleshooting these boxes, can I provide anything to get this fixed?

Best regards
                              Forget is not compatible with that box, it means it can't find a DDR4 combination that is compatible with the ram used in that box or can't find a compatible DT with that box.
                              Is one of the two!

Comment

Working...
                              X