X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah pity, thanks for the info!

Comment

Has anyone tried this on Beelink G1 minni2 (s905X3)? I really don't understand how this rom can work on both -S905x2-S905x3 boxes. I don't need to unstand, .just not wanting to waste the time. It does work great on one of my G1-mini (s905X2) boxes Thanks for any replies.
      Last edited by kenduvernay; 02-19-2020, 05:25.

Comment

Originally posted by kenduvernay View Post
        Has anyone tried this on Beelink G1 minni2 (s905X3)? I really don't understand how this rom can work on both -S905x2-S905x3 boxes. I don't need to unstand, .just not wanting to waste the time. It does work great on one of my G1-mini (s905X2) boxes Thanks for any replies.
        Yes it does work just fine in mini2.... actually it was tested in a mini2 :P
        And the s905x2 and x3 are basically the same cpu, the difference is the x3 as a NPU and x2 does not.. so all i have to do is code the uboot the distinguish between the 2 and make it load the proper DT.
        Last edited by superceleron; 02-19-2020, 09:09.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Yes it does work just fine in mini2.... actually it was tested in a mini2 :P
          And the s905x2 and x3 are basically the same cpu, the difference is the x3 as a NPU and x2 does not.. so all i have to do is code the uboot the distinguish between the 2 and made it load the proper DT.
          Thank you SC. I've installed on the Mini2 and it boots fine. I'm trying to change the Launcher But the "Droid Settings" doesn't take me to where I can set default apps. What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by kenduvernay View Post

Thank you SC. I've installed on the Mini2 and it boots fine. I'm trying to change the Launcher But the "Droid Settings" doesn't take me to where I can set default apps. What am I missing?
            This is the Android TV build you cant change the launcher of it, for that you need to flash the "Normal" build.

Comment

This is the Android TV build you cant change the launcher of it, for that you need to flash the "Normal" build.
              Ok thanks. Wondering why I was able to change the Launcher on my G1 mini (s905X2.). No worries though Thank you.

Found it. The correct rom for me is. "905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v1.0-20200103.img"
              Last edited by kenduvernay; 02-19-2020, 10:10.

Comment

Im my opinion the only use for Android is to play Youtube, with AFDR. That requires root. Mediaplyer functions are best served with Coreelec/librelec. HD streaming services such as Netflix and Prime are never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jer1956 View Post
                  Im my opinion the only use for Android is to play Youtube, with AFDR. That requires root. Mediaplyer functions are best served with Coreelec/librelec. HD streaming services such as Netflix and Prime are never going to happen.
                  well i use android for a ton of other stuff that just YT...
                  I use it even for media player, for me coreelec/etc.. are to limited! but is true HD flix and Prime will never happen in this boxes.
                  For HD/4k flix and Prime i have my work box and also a mibox or even my 4k tv.
                  But i still use this boxes for some gaming (well more the s922 ones for that), and mediaplayer like i said.

Comment

Interesting as I didn't see anyone ask your opinion..

Comment

well i use android for a ton of other stuff that just YT...
                      I use it even for media player, for me coreelec/etc.. are to limited! but is true HD flix and Prime will never happen in this boxes.
                      For HD/4k flix and Prime i have my work box and also a mibox or even my 4k tv.
                      But i still use this boxes for some gaming (well more the s922 ones for that), and mediaplayer like i said.
                      A mediaplayer must output DTS-MA and True-HD, and support autorefresh rate.....like the last generation of pre-android sigma and Realtek players in 2015.

Comment

A mediaplayer must output DTS-MA and True-HD, and support autorefresh rate.....like the last generation of pre-android sigma and Realtek players in 2015.
                        Well we all have our choices and tastes

Comment

Well we all have our choices and tastes
                          So SD audio and frame rate mismatch stuttering is by choice?

Those coming from HTPC must think thats normal. Its taken me 5 years to find ARM boxes which did what those with Sigma and Realtek designs did in 2015.

Comment

So SD audio and frame rate mismatch stuttering is by choice?

Those coming from HTPC must think thats normal. Its taken me 5 years to find ARM boxes which did what those with Sigma and Realtek designs did in 2015.
                            Well not all have big sound systems, im one of the ones... i do not mind the SD sound but that is me!
                            Also you can use debug version of this build and use AFRD and your rate mismatch is fixed, anyway like i said choices(or lack of choices) and tastes.

Comment

flashed userdebug on bqeel y8 max pro and now no LAN, dunno if that's normal just wanted to tell you
                              but still great work, thanks a lot for that!

Comment

Would be great to see in main post on what devices it works and if what we lost e.g front lcd etc.

Works on:
                                gt1 mini 1,2, s95, x96 max, tx5 max

Thanks superceleron for your work!

Comment

Working...
                                X