Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] "GENERIC" SC v2.0 USER/USERDEBUG - S905x2 / S905x3 - AndroidTV Build

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by superceleron View Post

    well you need to use a serial debug, only in that one you going to see what is actually doing.
    TWRP log does not matter here!
    Do I need usb-ttl cable for the same?

    Comment


      Is there anyone who can answer If I can flash this ROM to a tanix tx3 I have?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Narcsoul View Post
        Is there anyone who can answer If I can flash this ROM to a tanix tx3 I have?
        I do not know mate!

        Comment


          Originally posted by superceleron View Post

          I do not know mate!
          Is this rom compatible with any android box with s905x3? Or did I misunderstood?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Narcsoul View Post

            Is this rom compatible with any android box with s905x3? Or did I misunderstood?
            You misunderstood, that is why i have "Generic" notice the "", it may or may not work on your box.
            I made it to be as "universal" as possible, but all depends how far away your box maker gone from the amlogic reference design.

            Comment


              Originally posted by superceleron View Post

              You misunderstood, that is why i have "Generic" notice the "", it may or may not work on your box.
              I made it to be as "universal" as possible, but all depends how far away your box maker gone from the amlogic reference design.
              Many Thanx. Is there any official rom for tanix tx3 somewhere in case I brick it up? Can you a provide a link?

              Comment


                Originally posted by superceleron View Post

                well about the loop can't tell since i didn't try it..
                The DDR4 is not in the DTB is in the uboot, the only way for you to know is grabbing a serial output as soon as you connect the box!
                Also that dtb is from the 1gb ram.
                Yeah it says g12a_u212_1g in in the DTB but my box is defo 4g/64g and uses it. DTB probably been tweaked from an older gen box.
                Code:
                cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
                gives me
                Code:
                sm1_ac213_4g

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Narcsoul View Post

                  Many Thanx. Is there any official rom for tanix tx3 somewhere in case I brick it up? Can you a provide a link?
                  http://www.tanix-box.com/downloads/

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 5p0ng3b0b View Post
                    There is no tanix tx3 in there. Why..?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by 5p0ng3b0b View Post

                      Yeah it says g12a_u212_1g in in the DTB but my box is defo 4g/64g and uses it. DTB probably been tweaked from an older gen box.
                      Code:
                      cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
                      gives me
                      Code:
                      sm1_ac213_4g
                      its a multi dtb, it means 4 DT's in 1 file, so dunno how you unpacked the roms and the dtb file.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Narcsoul View Post

                        There is no tanix tx3 in there. Why..?
                        Mate google is your friend or forum search....

                        https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/adv...pdate-20191130

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

                          Do I need usb-ttl cable for the same?
                          superceleron could you please tell me if I need usb-ttl cable to check serial console during boot?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

                            superceleron could you please tell me if I need usb-ttl cable to check serial console during boot?
                            Yes you do of course!

                            Comment


                              X96 MAX+ 2/16GB s905x3

                              I'll lose lcd and reset button?
                              If yes how can I go back to stock rom (short pin on emmc)?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by majkool View Post
                                X96 MAX+ 2/16GB s905x3

                                I'll lose lcd and reset button?
                                If yes how can I go back to stock rom (short pin on emmc)?
                                yes you will lose reset button and lcd.
                                And yes you can short the pin on emmc to flash it again, or if you flash the debug build just install terminal emulator and open it and connect the usb cable to the OTG port and type this commands on the Terminal Emulator(without the ""):
                                "su"
                                "reboot update"

                                And voila...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X