This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] "GENERIC" SC v2.0 USER/USERDEBUG - S905x2 / S905x3 - AndroidTV 9

DISCLAIMER: MY ROMs(WORK) CAN NOT BUT USED FOR ANY COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITHOUT MY CONSENT.

WARNING: GENERIC FOR ME MEANS BASED ON AML REFERENCE DESIGN BOARDS, AS ALWAYS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...!

Anyway, one more rom/fw for you all!
    And many thks to trebor for be my beta tester
    This rom is as "TRUE" to AndroidTV as possible, no other mambo jambo shit... like i said as true ATV as possible!
    Build from Latest source, all changes done in source itself...
    Btw from now on im going to be very "economical" about my changelogs...

Differences of USER and USERDEBUG builds:

User Build: This build is done to be as close to a company rls as possible, it does not have root or twrp and is compiled with rls keys and SELINUX enforced, what this means for you?
    Well it means lot more apps show in Playstore that didn't show before, (EX: my isp androidtv live tv app, only shows in Playstore non rooted and SELINUX enforced devices, also the streams in the app does not even play in rooted devices.). Like this there's lots of other ISP/NON ISP apps Out there....

UserDebug Build: This build does have root, twrp, selinux is permissive and some other stuff you will see in changelog down there.., but of course you will lose the above...

OF COURSE YOU WILL NOT LOSE WIDEVINE L1 IN ANY OF THE BUILDS... IF YOUR DEVICE HAS WIDEVINE L1...

CHOOSE YOUR VENNON........

Changelog v2.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • Improved DDR timings.
    • Fixed the annoying random waking up from sleep or shutdown.
    • Added bluetooth to side settings.
    • Added small delay on google assistant, so on default remote you need to keep the button pressed to work, single press does not work.
    • (Cont. from above) i did it like this since this remote need you to keep the MIC button pressed for listening you.
    • Some cleaning of unneeded stuff for regular ATV functions.
    • And lots of other stuff...

Bugs:
    • There is a bug in setupwizard where you choose to install some apps or not, well it installs all of them even if you do not choose anyone..
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!
    • Googlecast will not work ok, nothing i can do to fix it since it need certification.
    • Netflix for AndroidTV will not work at all, so use regular netflix already present in the rom.

Changelog v1.0:
    • Build from latest AML Pie SDK
    • ATV Build Path used.
    • Reboot to TWRP or Switch OS ( Only on UserDebug build )
    • Bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla
    • Bla bla bla bla bla...
    • etc.....
    Bugs:
    • Of course there is bugs!! there always be bugs!!
    • Googlecast will not work ok, nothing i can do to fix it since it need certification.
    • Netflix for AndroidTV will not work at all, so use regular netflix already present in the rom.

Want to buy me a beer?

Download:

Install instructions:
    • Use usb burning tool v2.2.0 to burn the IMG.

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20191224-230605.png Views:	19 Size:	285.7 KB ID:	793331
    Last edited by superceleron; 01-09-2024, 17:58.

There I can get usb burning tool 2.2.0

Comment

Originally posted by val1950 View Post
      There I can get usb burning tool 2.2.0
      Here you go:
      Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! freaktab.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf freaktab.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Greetings Superceleron, thank you for your work, i am trying to flash the build, and it aborts with a Rom buffer error, s905x3 S10Max, using burning tool 2.2.0, do you know why?

Comment

One question: Is this running 64bit Android zygote ?

Comment

HI, thanks for your work... Can it also work on A95X F3 Air? It has a s905x3 chip from amlogic...
              And if so, how would be the best way to do it. I read people had issues with twrp getting error and going into bootloop when using the original stock rom.
              This rom is not, offcourse, but any experiences with this rom that can help me avoid mistakes?

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post
                The guys at HardKernel are working on 64bit for the ODROID-N2 with Amlogic S922X device, but don't expect 64bit on any other Amlogic device unless Amlogic decides to update their official SDK from 32bit to 64bit.

Maybe by next year Amlogic will succumb to pressure from Google since Amlogic an Google currently have partnership and Google wants to abandon 32bit. But, I don't expect it to happen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

The guys at HardKernel are working on 64bit for the ODROID-N2 with Amlogic S922X device, but don't expect 64bit on any other Amlogic device unless Amlogic decides to update their official SDK from 32bit to 64bit.

Maybe by next year Amlogic will succumb to pressure from Google since Amlogic an Google currently have partnership and Google wants to abandon 32bit. But, I don't expect it to happen this year.
                  Does it mean almost all Amlogic devices are 32bit Android ? I do remember one Amlogic box which I played with has got 64 bit Android. Now I am a little puzzled.

Comment

Firmware Suitable or not X96 Max Plus (S905X3)
                    Last edited by bobrik987; 01-07-2020, 11:24.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post
                      I already told this in another topic, no 64bits android 9 directly from AML... only Android 10 will have 64bits support directly from AML.
                      So this means, from 8.0 to 9 no 64bits sdk from AML.

Originally posted by poffpoff View Post
                      Greetings Superceleron, thank you for your work, i am trying to flash the build, and it aborts with a Rom buffer error, s905x3 S10Max, using burning tool 2.2.0, do you know why?
                      That is a nasty one to fix, it means something is interfering with your burning soft or usb ports.
                      I do get that from time to time, to fix in mine i have to close all open programs and remove all other usb devices i have connected to my pc (usb mouse and keyboard can be connected ), but this is in my desktop pc, on yours it can be other thing!
                      Last edited by superceleron; 01-07-2020, 13:59.

Comment

GT1 mini2 install runs great

Comment

Originally posted by Talory View Post
                          GT1 mini2 install runs great
                          Ye that one i know, is the one that i have
                          Anyway thks for you try

Comment

It is the first time that I install a custom rom for my tv box t95q flash Img user 100% finished, but to turn it on it remains in the Roms logo is there no solution? I hope some answer thank you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200107_153728~2.jpg
Views:	18736
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	794571To be more exact I have a tv box with t95q S905x2 with Android 9 from the factory that I bought from AliExpress

Comment

Working...
                              X