Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tested the USER version on my EACHLINK X3 MINI Android 9.0 Smart 4K TV Box - Black 4GB DDR4 +64GB EMMC, used amlogic burning tool 2.1.7.3, unselected erase bootloader, and it flashed successfully, but after that it does not boot it is bricked.
    Then I thought fine I'll flash back stock rom, I didn't erase bootloader it must be fine right?
    Wrong, now the reset button method to flash it does not work, the PC does not detect the box now...
    How can I save this box now?

Comment

is it DDR3 compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by napalmd View Post
        I tested the USER version on my EACHLINK X3 MINI Android 9.0 Smart 4K TV Box - Black 4GB DDR4 +64GB EMMC, used amlogic burning tool 2.1.7.3, unselected erase bootloader, and it flashed successfully, but after that it does not boot it is bricked.
        Then I thought fine I'll flash back stock rom, I didn't erase bootloader it must be fine right?
        Wrong, now the reset button method to flash it does not work, the PC does not detect the box now...
        Untick Erase bootloader at this moment does not save you from bricking the device..
        Now you have to see if you have serial output then you can put the box in update mode from inside uboot, or find the emmc mask mode for that box!

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
        is it DDR3 compatible?
        Some DDR3, can't be sure how many...

Comment

try burn_card_maker first with your stock firmware, it can be used when the usb device does not appear on windows.

if burn card maker failed , check u-boot uart and masking the eMMC.

Comment

Is this rom based on a Beelink Mini 2 firmware, and if so which version please?

Has anyone run a Antutu test on a Mini 2 with this build ?

Comment

I use only system partition on my A95X F2

At the end of setup wizard, when user can choose apps for install, I always remove all selected, but all apps are still installed

UPDATE
              Google Assistant don't recognize speech. It shows I speak something, but without recognizing text.
              Can anybody help me?
              Log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OCK...ew?usp=sharing
              Last edited by vodik; 01-22-2020, 13:51.

Comment

Hi, can somebody help me understand please, is this ROM what I need to run ATV apps on a S905x3 device (e.g. X96 Air or A95 F3)? For example https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...box.digi&hl=en ? Or does the ROM just have the same UI, but such apps still need a Google certified device to run?
                H96 Pro+ 3/32 CZ-S32-V5 BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                  Is this rom based on a Beelink Mini 2 firmware, and if so which version please?

Has anyone run a Antutu test on a Mini 2 with this build ?
                  No its not based in any stock fw out there!

Originally posted by vodik View Post
                  I use only system partition on my A95X F2

At the end of setup wizard, when user can choose apps for install, I always remove all selected, but all apps are still installed

UPDATE
                  Google Assistant don't recognize speech. It shows I speak something, but without recognizing text.
                  Can anybody help me?
                  Log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OCK...ew?usp=sharing
                  Well something is not ok in that "transplant", you receiving crashes in audio server... i think is because if the kernel but i cant be sure, a bet you using stock kernel!
                  If that kernel is not based in latest aml sdk... you going to have issues!
                  But 1Āŗ i recommend you test change not only system, but also vendor partitions... but because your vendor m8 be different size of mine you need to do some adjustments to the DT for it to boot!

Originally posted by tyrol_gangster View Post
                  Hi, can somebody help me understand please, is this ROM what I need to run ATV apps on a S905x3 device (e.g. X96 Air or A95 F3)? For example https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...box.digi&hl=en ? Or does the ROM just have the same UI, but such apps still need a Google certified device to run?
                  Yes this is as True ATV as possible, it not based in stock rom and totally made from a sdk.
                  And yes that app will install just fine in this rom, but i think only in the USER build, because i think that app checks if the device is rooted and selinux permissive...
                  Now... if it works on that 2 boxes you say, i totally do not now, this is as generic as possible but i cant cover all different hw's out there that is impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Untick Erase bootloader at this moment does not save you from bricking the device..
                    Now you have to see if you have serial output then you can put the box in update mode from inside uboot, or find the emmc mask mode for that box!
                    I have serial output here is the log:
                    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Originally posted by blust0ne View Post

try burn_card_maker first with your stock firmware, it can be used when the usb device does not appear on windows.

if burn card maker failed , check u-boot uart and masking the eMMC.
                    I tried with sdcard but didn't work.

how do I flash firmware with uart?

Comment

I have serial output here is the log:
                      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I tried with sdcard but didn't work.

how do I flash firmware with uart?
                      hoo i see, the issue in your box from my build is the emmc is not compatible with my DT...
                      Anyway just as soon as you turn on the box just keep pressing enter key in serial terminal until you get a shell, something like "g12a_u212_v1:>"
                      When that happen, just type "update" and press enter ( without the "" ) and connect the usb cable and voila you can flash the box!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

hoo i see, the issue in your box from my build is the emmc is not compatible with my DT...
                        Anyway just as soon as you turn on the box just keep pressing enter key in serial terminal until you get a shell, something like "g12a_u212_v1:>"
                        When that happen, just type "update" and press enter ( without the "" ) and connect the usb cable and voila you can flash the box!
                        thanks for the help, but I keep bashing enter key but it does not work. I use putty, speed 115200. usb to uart adapter is pl2303. I also tried with a keyboard attached to the tvbox and pressing enter there, also didn't work.

Comment

thanks for the help, but I keep bashing enter key but it does not work. I use putty, speed 115200. usb to uart adapter is pl2303. I also tried with a keyboard attached to the tvbox and pressing enter there, also didn't work.
                          you need to be very fast, keep pressing enter in putty screen!

Comment

here... see this small video i just did!

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

check the boot stage with putty log file or attach your log file for reference.

BL1 BL2 BL3-1 --> BL3-3 ( you can get a uart console access here, in 2-3 second after power on)

Comment

superceleron I saw this post in the review of the Gt1 Mini2 thread, do you know if this is working in your ROM?

Beelink GT1mini - 2 Smart TV Box with 2.4G Voice Remote Amlogic S905X3 / Android 9.0 / 4GB DDR4 + 64GB ROM / 2.4G + 5.8G WiFi / 1000Mbps / USB 3.0 / BT 4.0 / VP9 / H.265 https://i.imgur.com/QOn7y6p.png https://des.gbtcdn.com/uploads/pdm-desc-pic/Electronic/image/2019/07/06/1562403207729673.jpg Specification as Found

Hi, I have a problem with HDR10+ video files (SMPTE ST 2094) on my GT1-mini2, since my TV propably don't support HDR10+ it should fallback to HDR10 (this happens when i'm using internal player from my TV) but it doesn't work at all on GT1mini2 and presents "washed/grayed" colours, official spec state that this box support HDR10+. All HDR10 videos (SMPTE ST 2086) works well, and by the way, if i open HDR10+ file the HDR feature breaks and my TV isn't triggering HDR mode even for the "normal" HDR10 until i replug HDMI cable/change resolution etc.

and

Quite disappointed. I got feedback that the codec of this box is bad !

The author of the netflix kodi plugin has given up hope on it, it can't decode basic video on netflix properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X