X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evlo View Post

x96 max plus s905x3

I read this thread and understand it should work, but can someone please verify it? I think this box is quite popular, so there is a chance someone alrady tried it

I just tried it, unfortunately it cannot flash successfully, the usb burning tool report this error: [0x10303004]Romcode/????/????/????????

Comment

Originally posted by pexcn View Post

I just tried it, unfortunately it cannot flash successfully, the usb burning tool report this error: [0x10303004]Romcode/????/????/????????
      ye that means or cant find a compatible DT or a compatible DDR memory entry!

Comment

From your working firmware android 9, take dtb and paste it into this firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

From your working firmware android 9, take dtb and paste it into this firmware.
          Hello sagert:
          How do I extract dtb from the factory firmware? and how to paste it into this firmware?
          What tools do I need?

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

ye that means or cant find a compatible DT or a compatible DDR memory entry!
            Hi SC, if I can provide the dtb files of this device, so will this device be supported in the next release?

Comment

superceleron I have T95 Max+ S905X3 device. Most probably the DTB included in your img might not work with it. Would it work if I replace "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file in level1 of your img with the one that I have in my stock ROM? Do I need to update/replace any other file?

Comment

superceleron or another question - what if I replace just system.PARTITION in my stock rom with what is there in your ROM?

Comment

Hi SC, if I can provide the dtb files of this device, so will this device be supported in the next release?
                  no mate, it wont work like that unfortunately.

Originally posted by drsam007 View Post
                  superceleron I have T95 Max+ S905X3 device. Most probably the DTB included in your img might not work with it. Would it work if I replace "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file in level1 of your img with the one that I have in my stock ROM? Do I need to update/replace any other file?
                  Yes it "should" work if the dtb has the same name internal name as the uboot is waiting for, that is for the s905x3 devices : sm1_ac213_2g and sm1_ac213_4g

Comment

Originally posted by drsam007 View Post
                    superceleron or another question - what if I replace just system.PARTITION in my stock rom with what is there in your ROM?
                    yes you need to replace both partitions, system and vendor and hope the kernel of that stock rom is not that old!

Comment

Hello sagert:
                      How do I extract dtb from the factory firmware? and how to paste it into this firmware?
                      What tools do I need?
                      Using the Amlogic tool v6.0 .

Comment

Okay, thanks for SC and sagert.

Comment

yes you need to replace both partitions, system and vendor and hope the kernel of that stock rom is not that old!
                          Thanks, I'll try it. If it does not work then I'll try replacing dtb

Comment

hoo i see, the issue in your box from my build is the emmc is not compatible with my DT...
                            Anyway just as soon as you turn on the box just keep pressing enter key in serial terminal until you get a shell, something like "g12a_u212_v1:>"
                            When that happen, just type "update" and press enter ( without the "" ) and connect the usb cable and voila you can flash the box!
                            Thank you so much !

Comment

Updated first post with v2.0, enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by JuBaX View Post
                                Not working on Magicsee N5 PLUS S905x3. Rom error while flashing.
                                Great work on this rom. I have magicsee n5plus 4g/64g too which is supposedly DDR4. I hope the newer version of this rom works, but I am not trying yet until confirmed working.
                                I attach DTB and DTS for this box if it helps in anyway.
                                Also does this rom support mounting loop devices?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X