This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5p0ng3b0b View Post

Great work on this rom. I have magicsee n5plus 4g/64g too which is supposedly DDR4. I hope the newer version of this rom works, but I am not trying yet until confirmed working.
    I attach DTB and DTS for this box if it helps in anyway.
    Also does this rom support mounting loop devices?
    well about the loop can't tell since i didn't try it..
    The DDR4 is not in the DTB is in the uboot, the only way for you to know is grabbing a serial output as soon as you connect the box!
    Also that dtb is from the 1gb ram.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Yes it "should" work if the dtb has the same name internal name as the uboot is waiting for, that is for the s905x3 devices : sm1_ac213_2g and sm1_ac213_4g
      superceleron I checked stock firmware, and the kernel version is exactly same as that the one in your ROM (4.9.113). So I just replaced the system.PARTITION and vendor.PARTITION files in stock firmware with yours and flashed it. On first boot, it showed my original T95Max+ logo, and then it showed standard ATV boot animation. But it was stuck on that. I waited for more than 5 mins, but it was stuck. I rebooted to recovery, and it still has original recovery. I rebooted again, and now it showed your "freaktab" logo first, but it was all messed up - it was shifted by half, and colors were all greenish. But immediately after that it showed standard ATV boot animation. But again it was stuck. Do you know what could be wrong? I am able to flash back stock firmware so it is not bricked.

I did not try the other option of just replacing _aml_dtb.PARTITION from stock to your ROM, because I am not sure if the name in dtb is same as expected. I don't know how to extract the DT from that partition. I tried gunzip on PARTITION file and it gave _aml_dtb file which is binary blob. Then I tried "dtc" command with various -I and -O options, but none are working and it is not able to read the file. I tried running "dtc" command directly on "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file too, but no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

superceleron I checked stock firmware, and the kernel version is exactly same as that the one in your ROM (4.9.113). So I just replaced the system.PARTITION and vendor.PARTITION files in stock firmware with yours and flashed it. On first boot, it showed my original T95Max+ logo, and then it showed standard ATV boot animation. But it was stuck on that. I waited for more than 5 mins, but it was stuck. I rebooted to recovery, and it still has original recovery. I rebooted again, and now it showed your "freaktab" logo first, but it was all messed up - it was shifted by half, and colors were all greenish. But immediately after that it showed standard ATV boot animation. But again it was stuck. Do you know what could be wrong? I am able to flash back stock firmware so it is not bricked.

I did not try the other option of just replacing _aml_dtb.PARTITION from stock to your ROM, because I am not sure if the name in dtb is same as expected. I don't know how to extract the DT from that partition. I tried gunzip on PARTITION file and it gave _aml_dtb file which is binary blob. Then I tried "dtc" command with various -I and -O options, but none are working and it is not able to read the file. I tried running "dtc" command directly on "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file too, but no luck.
        Replace the boot.PARTITION with the one from my build, leave the stock dtb and uboot for now!
        Ho and the messed boot logo is because in my rom the bits used is 24 and the one support by your stock uboot is only 16.
        Also replace the product.PARTITION and odm.PARTITION.

Comment

Replace the boot.PARTITION with the one from my build, leave the stock dtb and uboot for now!
          Ho and the messed boot logo is because in my rom the bits used is 24 and the one support by your stock uboot is only 16.
          Also replace the product.PARTITION and odm.PARTITION.
          Ok, so I replaced following 5 files - boot.PARTITION, system.PARTITION, vendor.PARTITION, product.PARTITION and odm.PARTITION, but behavior is exactly same as earlier - stuck on boot animation. By the way, I do not replace logo.PARTITION, but still on second boot it switches to greenish SC logo. How does that happen?

EDIT: one more thing with replacing 5 files is that I loose the LCD display on the box. Nothing comes up - but that's not a big deal for me.

Comment

Yes that one i know, is the one that i have
            Anyway thks for you try
            There appears to still be something “Wonkey” with Power settings. If you set the Power definition to Sleep now, it goes to sleep but no key including the Power Button will wake it up. If you set it to Shut down, it will shut it down, but the Power key won’t turn it back on. Therefore, there’s no chance of getting CEC to work. I’m not whining, just explaining what happens here ( 905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v2.0-20200219.img). Forgot to mention: Beelink G1 minni2 and stock remote

Comment

Originally posted by kenduvernay View Post

There appears to still be something “Wonkey” with Power settings. If you set the Power definition to Sleep now, it goes to sleep but no key including the Power Button will wake it up. If you set it to Shut down, it will shut it down, but the Power key won’t turn it back on. Therefore, there’s no chance of getting CEC to work. I’m not whining, just explaining what happens here ( 905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v2.0-20200219.img). Forgot to mention: Beelink G1 minni2 and stock remote
              can't reproduce it here, so it means its working fine... GT1Mini-2 stock remote.

Comment

Ok, so I replaced following 5 files - boot.PARTITION, system.PARTITION, vendor.PARTITION, product.PARTITION and odm.PARTITION, but behavior is exactly same as earlier - stuck on boot animation. By the way, I do not replace logo.PARTITION, but still on second boot it switches to greenish SC logo. How does that happen?

EDIT: one more thing with replacing 5 files is that I loose the LCD display on the box. Nothing comes up - but that's not a big deal for me.
                Well start clean, from the stock rom get only this files... DDR.USB, aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and _aml_dtb.PARTITION.
                Open my rom and replace in my rom the 3 above files with that ones from stock, and then try it!

Comment

can't reproduce it here, so it means its working fine... GT1Mini-2 stock remote.
                  I didn't have any issues with Verion 1, I'll just go back to it. Thanks!

Comment

I didn't have any issues with Verion 1, I'll just go back to it. Thanks!
                    Dunno what is the Verion 1...
                    Anyway like i said all ok here trebor is all ok in yours also correct?

Comment

Dunno what is the Verion 1...
                      Anyway like i said all ok here trebor is all ok in yours also correct?
                      It sucks to get old. Apparently I've been posting in the wrong thread. the 2 images I have are: 905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v1.0-20200103.img and 905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v2.0-20200219.img which came from here. https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ild#post794462. Sorry guys, I guess us old folks should stick to Fricking Bingo. Very Sorry.

Comment

It sucks to get old. Apparently I've been posting in the wrong thread. the 2 images I have are: 905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v1.0-20200103.img and 905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v2.0-20200219.img which came from here. https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ild#post794462. Sorry guys, I guess us old folks should stick to Fricking Bingo. Very Sorry.
                        ok no issue mate, getting old here also lol so i understand...
                        anyway i tried both builds and still all ok here!

Comment

ok no issue mate, getting old here also lol so i understand...
                          anyway i tried both builds and still all ok here!
                          OK, Thank you again.

Comment

Hello. I have tanix tx3. Is this ROM compatible? Can I use it? Thanx in advance
                            Last edited by Narcsoul; 03-02-2020, 18:49.

Comment

Well start clean, from the stock rom get only this files... DDR.USB, aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT and _aml_dtb.PARTITION.
                              Open my rom and replace in my rom the 3 above files with that ones from stock, and then try it!
                              Thanks. I did that (only used those 3 files from stock rom, and remaining from your rom), but no difference. Stuck at boot animation. I am using v2.0 USERDEBUG version of your rom. Is there any way to see what is happening during boot? I tried connecting using "AMLBootloaderConsole.exe". My device connects and immediately disconnects. I can hear the sounds for the same too. It comes up for a second in Device Manager tree under "libusb-win32 Usb Devices" node and vanishes. Any idea how to debug this? Should I use Linux? If so, what tools should I use to connect to uboot?

EDIT: I am able to go into TWRP, and I copied kernel log from there: https://pastebin.com/saP2LvHB. I am not sure though that it will help debugging.
                              Last edited by drsam007; 03-02-2020, 13:24. Reason: Added dmesg.log

Comment

Thanks. I did that (only used those 3 files from stock rom, and remaining from your rom), but no difference. Stuck at boot animation. I am using v2.0 USERDEBUG version of your rom. Is there any way to see what is happening during boot? I tried connecting using "AMLBootloaderConsole.exe". My device connects and immediately disconnects. I can hear the sounds for the same too. It comes up for a second in Device Manager tree under "libusb-win32 Usb Devices" node and vanishes. Any idea how to debug this? Should I use Linux? If so, what tools should I use to connect to uboot?

EDIT: I am able to go into TWRP, and I copied kernel log from there: https://pastebin.com/saP2LvHB. I am not sure though that it will help debugging.
                                well you need to use a serial debug, only in that one you going to see what is actually doing.
                                TWRP log does not matter here!

Comment

Working...
                                X