Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone help me with usb burning tool? I keep getting error at 3% during u boot which is bl2 boot stage error. Nothing I've tried fixed it, even reinstalling usb burning tool with windows 10 in test mode for drivers. Trying to flash original rom and go back to see if this fixes a small issue with hdr constantly toggling on and off when a video stops or buffers.

Comment

Originally posted by empaba View Post
      Por si le sirve a alguien,los que tengan box incompatible,yo al final he metido la ATV del x96 Air en un hk1 de 128gb y me ha funcionado,no se se es problema con DDR3 o ddr4 pero la del x96 Air ATV me ha funcionado en otro tvbox,en concreto el hk1 box de 128 GB.gracias x tu trabajo igualmente.
      Existe alguna ROM actualizada y compatible con este hk1 box 4/128

Comment

Hello SC,

Love your gt king rom!

With that said, is this rom compatible with the TOX1? It has great reviews and i got it coming in the mail, so i just want to confirm that this rom is compatible with that box

Thanks for all the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Cafpy90 View Post
          Hello SC,

Love your gt king rom!

With that said, is this rom compatible with the TOX1? It has great reviews and i got it coming in the mail, so i just want to confirm that this rom is compatible with that box

TOX1 comes with it's own ota updates that are superior to any custom ROM's.
          You can also install an ATV Magisk module to turn it into AndroidTV easily.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

TOX1 comes with it's own ota updates that are superior to any custom ROM's.
            You can also install an ATV Magisk module to turn it into AndroidTV easily.
            Yea, i am aware. It is a nice device

However, i would like to flash a custom option as i dont like AOSP android on a tv.

With that said, do you know if this rom is compatible?

Comment

Hello SC,
              Love your gt king rom!
              The firmware is encrypted to stop all the no name tv box companies from pirating it to make custom ROM's, so no other ROM's can be installed apart from the stock firmware.
              If you need a new feature, you contact TOX and they add it to the next ota update.
              The firmware is based on Ugoos X3 anyway as they provide the tv box for the Ukrainian market I read.
              AndroidTV Magisk module to turn AOSP firmware into AndroidTV firmware.

Comment

The firmware is encrypted to stop all the no name tv box companies from pirating it to make custom ROM's, so no other ROM's can be installed apart from the stock firmware.
                If you need a new feature, you contact TOX and they add it to the next ota update.
                The firmware is based on Ugoos X3 anyway as they provide the tv box for the Ukrainian market I read.
                AndroidTV Magisk module to turn AOSP firmware into AndroidTV firmware.
                https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...sJW8eGpbMDhfC3
                Hello mo123, that isn't correct.

Slimbox has a rom for this box, as well as other options exist on 4PDA. So please, do correct me if i am wrong?

Next, this js a 'generic' rom, meaning just that. Every box can be flashed via proper tools, so you've properly lost me.

Thanks

Comment

Has anyone installed this rom on GT Mini-a ? 4/gb ram - 64gb internal memory

Edit.

ok i installed it on this device first impression, good.
                  I thought HBO Europe would work but unfortunately it doesn't work like in any rom ...

thank you for your work

The device is: Beelink GTmini-A / Amlogic S905X2 / 4GB DDR4 RAM, SN: B95X
                  Last edited by Paveki; 01-11-2021, 03:34.

Comment

Hello mo123, that isn't correct.

Slimbox has a rom for this box, as well as other options exist on 4PDA. So please, do correct me if i am wrong?

Next, this js a 'generic' rom, meaning just that. Every box can be flashed via proper tools, so you've properly lost me.

Thanks
                    If you stay on v1.3 firmware you can flash other ROM's.
                    But from v1.4 firmware, it is encrypted and you brick your device if flashing other ROM's, but you can restore it to v1.4 again.
                    (And people with other devices, if they flash TOX1 v1.4 firmware to their devices, they brick it)
                    I don't know why anyone would want to use a custom ROM as the stock firmware has hundreds of optimizations, video playback improvements and newer features that none of the custom ROM's have.

Comment

If you stay on v1.3 firmware you can flash other ROM's.
                      But from v1.4 firmware, it is encrypted and you brick your device if flashing other ROM's, but you can restore it to v1.4 again.
                      (And people with other devices, if they flash TOX1 v1.4 firmware to their devices, they brick it)
                      I don't know why anyone would want to use a custom ROM as the stock firmware has hundreds of optimizations, video playback improvements and newer features that none of the custom ROM's have.
                      https://trustonx.com/product/tox1-pl...-media-player/
                      Ah, this makes sense. Thanks for this information.

I hate aosp firnwares, it doesn't work for my usages.

I hope i get the 1.3 knowing this.

Again, thanks for the info.

Comment

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks for this information.

I hate aosp firnwares, it doesn't work for my usages.

I hope i get the 1.3 knowing this.

Again, thanks for the info.
                        You can also use AndroidTV on v1.4 firmware.
                        No need to install old custom ROM's that have other bugs.
                        Just install the Magisk module and it turns AOSP into AndroidTV.
                        Manufacturers can't legally ship devices with AndroidTV if it wasn't licensed by Google and they also use AOSP and dual-boot, so the Magisk method is a workaround.

Comment

You can also use AndroidTV on v1.4 firmware.
                          No need to install old custom ROM's that have other bugs.
                          Just install the Magisk module and it turns AOSP into AndroidTV.
                          Manufacturers can't legally ship devices with AndroidTV if it wasn't licensed by Google and they also use AOSP and dual-boot, so the Magisk method is a workaround.
                          Thanks for that info. I've never done such a thing, is there a link for the guide?

I appreciate your input immensely.

Comment

well the fw 1.4 is not encrypted, only the uboot is protected i do the same on my work (we even have a special mod version of the flash tool).
                            Btw AOSP will never be ATV no matter what you do with it, you only making it feel like ATV but will never be real thing, no matter what custom rom you use or magisk you use.
                            The sdk's of both are very different, how do i know this?
                            Well i have access to all 3 google real atv sdk's for amlogic, A9, A10 and A11.
                            Anyway, this rom is old now, still ok to use but a bit old!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                              well the fw 1.4 is not encrypted, only the uboot is protected i do the same on my work (we even have a special mod version of the flash tool).
                              Btw AOSP will never be ATV no matter what you do with it, you only making it feel like ATV but will never be real thing, no matter what custom rom you use or magisk you use.
                              The sdk's of both are very different, how do i know this?
                              Well i have access to all 3 google real atv sdk's for amlogic, A9, A10 and A11.
                              Anyway, this rom is old now, still ok to use but a bit old!
                              This is what i anticipated SC, thanks for chiming in. With that said, can it be used on the tox? I very much like your work. Thanks!

Comment

This is what i anticipated SC, thanks for chiming in. With that said, can it be used on the tox? I very much like your work. Thanks!
                                if you are on 1.4 then no you cant, but i also not sure it will work on that box, is a hit and miss

Comment

Working...
                                X