• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by Cafpy90 View Post

Hey SC,

got my TOX1, and unfortunately, your rom did not burn to that box .

So just an FYI
    Ye i was expecting it, thks!

Leave a comment:

• Cafpy90
    replied
    Originally posted by superceleron View Post

if you are on 1.4 then no you cant, but i also not sure it will work on that box, is a hit and miss
    Hey SC,

got my TOX1, and unfortunately, your rom did not burn to that box .

So just an FYI

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    commented on 's reply
    You welcome!

• pixelview123
    replied
    It works flawlessly on Minix t5 Neo - but without RC . I tested all supercelron`s ROMs with Minix and i must say : Thank you !

Leave a comment:

• Cafpy90
    replied

if you are on 1.4 then no you cant, but i also not sure it will work on that box, is a hit and miss
    Thabks for your reply. Worst case scenario i flash to a different rom after installation of yours!

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied

This is what i anticipated SC, thanks for chiming in. With that said, can it be used on the tox? I very much like your work. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Cafpy90
    replied
    well the fw 1.4 is not encrypted, only the uboot is protected i do the same on my work (we even have a special mod version of the flash tool).
    Btw AOSP will never be ATV no matter what you do with it, you only making it feel like ATV but will never be real thing, no matter what custom rom you use or magisk you use.
    The sdk's of both are very different, how do i know this?
    Well i have access to all 3 google real atv sdk's for amlogic, A9, A10 and A11.
    Anyway, this rom is old now, still ok to use but a bit old!
    This is what i anticipated SC, thanks for chiming in. With that said, can it be used on the tox? I very much like your work. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    well the fw 1.4 is not encrypted, only the uboot is protected i do the same on my work (we even have a special mod version of the flash tool).
    Btw AOSP will never be ATV no matter what you do with it, you only making it feel like ATV but will never be real thing, no matter what custom rom you use or magisk you use.
    The sdk's of both are very different, how do i know this?
    Well i have access to all 3 google real atv sdk's for amlogic, A9, A10 and A11.
    Anyway, this rom is old now, still ok to use but a bit old!

Leave a comment:

• Cafpy90
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can also use AndroidTV on v1.4 firmware.
    No need to install old custom ROM's that have other bugs.
    Just install the Magisk module and it turns AOSP into AndroidTV.
    Manufacturers can't legally ship devices with AndroidTV if it wasn't licensed by Google and they also use AOSP and dual-boot, so the Magisk method is a workaround.
    Thanks for that info. I've never done such a thing, is there a link for the guide?

I appreciate your input immensely.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks for this information.

I hate aosp firnwares, it doesn't work for my usages.

I hope i get the 1.3 knowing this.

Again, thanks for the info.
    You can also use AndroidTV on v1.4 firmware.
    No need to install old custom ROM's that have other bugs.
    Just install the Magisk module and it turns AOSP into AndroidTV.
    Manufacturers can't legally ship devices with AndroidTV if it wasn't licensed by Google and they also use AOSP and dual-boot, so the Magisk method is a workaround.

Leave a comment:

• Cafpy90
    replied

If you stay on v1.3 firmware you can flash other ROM's.
    But from v1.4 firmware, it is encrypted and you brick your device if flashing other ROM's, but you can restore it to v1.4 again.
    (And people with other devices, if they flash TOX1 v1.4 firmware to their devices, they brick it)
    I don't know why anyone would want to use a custom ROM as the stock firmware has hundreds of optimizations, video playback improvements and newer features that none of the custom ROM's have.
    https://trustonx.com/product/tox1-pl...-media-player/
    Ah, this makes sense. Thanks for this information.

I hate aosp firnwares, it doesn't work for my usages.

I hope i get the 1.3 knowing this.

Again, thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied

Hello mo123, that isn't correct.

Slimbox has a rom for this box, as well as other options exist on 4PDA. So please, do correct me if i am wrong?

Next, this js a 'generic' rom, meaning just that. Every box can be flashed via proper tools, so you've properly lost me.

Thanks
    If you stay on v1.3 firmware you can flash other ROM's.
    But from v1.4 firmware, it is encrypted and you brick your device if flashing other ROM's, but you can restore it to v1.4 again.
    (And people with other devices, if they flash TOX1 v1.4 firmware to their devices, they brick it)
    I don't know why anyone would want to use a custom ROM as the stock firmware has hundreds of optimizations, video playback improvements and newer features that none of the custom ROM's have.

Leave a comment:

• Paveki
    replied
    Has anyone installed this rom on GT Mini-a ? 4/gb ram - 64gb internal memory

Edit.

ok i installed it on this device first impression, good.
    I thought HBO Europe would work but unfortunately it doesn't work like in any rom ...

thank you for your work

The device is: Beelink GTmini-A / Amlogic S905X2 / 4GB DDR4 RAM, SN: B95X
    Last edited by Paveki; 01-11-2021, 03:34.

Leave a comment:

• Cafpy90
    replied
    The firmware is encrypted to stop all the no name tv box companies from pirating it to make custom ROM's, so no other ROM's can be installed apart from the stock firmware.
    If you need a new feature, you contact TOX and they add it to the next ota update.
    The firmware is based on Ugoos X3 anyway as they provide the tv box for the Ukrainian market I read.
    AndroidTV Magisk module to turn AOSP firmware into AndroidTV firmware.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...sJW8eGpbMDhfC3
    Hello mo123, that isn't correct.

Slimbox has a rom for this box, as well as other options exist on 4PDA. So please, do correct me if i am wrong?

Next, this js a 'generic' rom, meaning just that. Every box can be flashed via proper tools, so you've properly lost me.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Hello SC,
    Love your gt king rom!
    With that said, is this rom compatible with the TOX1? It has great reviews and i got it coming in the mail, so i just want to confirm that this rom is compatible with that box
    Thanks for all the good work!
    The firmware is encrypted to stop all the no name tv box companies from pirating it to make custom ROM's, so no other ROM's can be installed apart from the stock firmware.
    If you need a new feature, you contact TOX and they add it to the next ota update.
    The firmware is based on Ugoos X3 anyway as they provide the tv box for the Ukrainian market I read.
    AndroidTV Magisk module to turn AOSP firmware into AndroidTV firmware.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X