X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drsam007
    replied
    superceleron I was able to find out why serial console was not working. It was because of defective USB TTL converter. I bought another one, and now I can see the uboot/kernel logs. I've pasted it at:
    Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I am not sure what is the issue, but I keep seeing lot of "binder" transaction errors. The CPU also starts getting very hot. Nothing happens on screen other than Android boot animation.

Leave a comment:

• drsam007
    replied
    Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Yes you do of course!
    superceleron I bought USB-TTL cable and wired it up with Putty on windows. But on boot, I see only the following message, and nothing comes up after that:
    Code:
    SM1:BL:511f6b:81ca2f;FEAT:A0F83180:20282000;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;0.0;CHK:0;
    bl2_stage_init 0x01
    bl2_stage_init 0x81
    hw id:
    I flashed back stock fw, and after that also the serial console shows only this message. The box itself is booting up fine with stock rom. This box does not have labeling for GND, TX, RX, but I assume that the one with square background is GND, and next one is TX and next RX. How to get Uboot logs now?

Leave a comment:

• chenzhuops2
    replied
    x96 max plus maybe use the fireware?s905x3
    lddr3

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by 5p0ng3b0b View Post

You are the greatest! Thanks alot for pointing this out and apologies for all this being a bit off topic. I wrote a bash script to split the boot image and extract the dtb after examining a few methods written in C, python & perl available on github. None of the scripts/code I encountered accounted for multiple device trees and I was only extracting the first one found. I modified my script to extract the correct DTB and hey presto! Script was written to avoid commands dependent on busybox.
    Nice one, i bet someone will find it very useful... well by the amount of downloads already, it think it is lol

Leave a comment:

• 5p0ng3b0b
    replied

its a multi dtb, it means 4 DT's in 1 file, so dunno how you unpacked the roms and the dtb file.
    You are the greatest! Thanks alot for pointing this out and apologies for all this being a bit off topic. I wrote a bash script to split the boot image and extract the dtb after examining a few methods written in C, python & perl available on github. None of the scripts/code I encountered accounted for multiple device trees and I was only extracting the first one found. I modified my script to extract the correct DTB and hey presto! Script was written to avoid commands dependent on busybox.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by majkool View Post
    X96 MAX+ 2/16GB s905x3

I'll lose lcd and reset button?
    If yes how can I go back to stock rom (short pin on emmc)?
    yes you will lose reset button and lcd.
    And yes you can short the pin on emmc to flash it again, or if you flash the debug build just install terminal emulator and open it and connect the usb cable to the OTG port and type this commands on the Terminal Emulator(without the ""):
    "su"
    "reboot update"

And voila...

Leave a comment:

• majkool
    replied
    X96 MAX+ 2/16GB s905x3

I'll lose lcd and reset button?
    If yes how can I go back to stock rom (short pin on emmc)?

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

superceleron could you please tell me if I need usb-ttl cable to check serial console during boot?
    Yes you do of course!

Leave a comment:

• drsam007
    replied
    Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

Do I need usb-ttl cable for the same?
    superceleron could you please tell me if I need usb-ttl cable to check serial console during boot?

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by Narcsoul View Post

There is no tanix tx3 in there. Why..?
    Mate google is your friend or forum search....

Hi, Glad to share the updated firmware for TANIX TX3 Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box Bluetooth 2.4G+5.8G WiFi (https://www.geekbuying.com/item/TANIX-TX3-Amlogic-S905x3-8K-Video-Decode-Android-9-0-TV-Box-4GB-64GB-421642.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=TA

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied

Yeah it says g12a_u212_1g in in the DTB but my box is defo 4g/64g and uses it. DTB probably been tweaked from an older gen box.
    Code:
    cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
    gives me
    Code:
    sm1_ac213_4g
    its a multi dtb, it means 4 DT's in 1 file, so dunno how you unpacked the roms and the dtb file.

Leave a comment:

• Narcsoul
    replied
    There is no tanix tx3 in there. Why..?

Leave a comment:

• 5p0ng3b0b
    replied
    Originally posted by Narcsoul View Post

Many Thanx. Is there any official rom for tanix tx3 somewhere in case I brick it up? Can you a provide a link?

Leave a comment:

• 5p0ng3b0b
    replied

well about the loop can't tell since i didn't try it..
    The DDR4 is not in the DTB is in the uboot, the only way for you to know is grabbing a serial output as soon as you connect the box!
    Also that dtb is from the 1gb ram.
    Yeah it says g12a_u212_1g in in the DTB but my box is defo 4g/64g and uses it. DTB probably been tweaked from an older gen box.
    Code:
    cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
    gives me
    Code:
    sm1_ac213_4g

Leave a comment:

• Narcsoul
    replied

You misunderstood, that is why i have "Generic" notice the "", it may or may not work on your box.
    I made it to be as "universal" as possible, but all depends how far away your box maker gone from the amlogic reference design.
    Many Thanx. Is there any official rom for tanix tx3 somewhere in case I brick it up? Can you a provide a link?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X