• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenduvernay
    replied
    Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Yes that one i know, is the one that i have
    Anyway thks for you try
    There appears to still be something “Wonkey” with Power settings. If you set the Power definition to Sleep now, it goes to sleep but no key including the Power Button will wake it up. If you set it to Shut down, it will shut it down, but the Power key won’t turn it back on. Therefore, there’s no chance of getting CEC to work. I’m not whining, just explaining what happens here ( 905x2-S905x3-DEBUG-Normal-v2.0-20200219.img). Forgot to mention: Beelink G1 minni2 and stock remote

Leave a comment:

• drsam007
    replied

Replace the boot.PARTITION with the one from my build, leave the stock dtb and uboot for now!
    Ho and the messed boot logo is because in my rom the bits used is 24 and the one support by your stock uboot is only 16.
    Also replace the product.PARTITION and odm.PARTITION.
    Ok, so I replaced following 5 files - boot.PARTITION, system.PARTITION, vendor.PARTITION, product.PARTITION and odm.PARTITION, but behavior is exactly same as earlier - stuck on boot animation. By the way, I do not replace logo.PARTITION, but still on second boot it switches to greenish SC logo. How does that happen?

EDIT: one more thing with replacing 5 files is that I loose the LCD display on the box. Nothing comes up - but that's not a big deal for me.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

superceleron I checked stock firmware, and the kernel version is exactly same as that the one in your ROM (4.9.113). So I just replaced the system.PARTITION and vendor.PARTITION files in stock firmware with yours and flashed it. On first boot, it showed my original T95Max+ logo, and then it showed standard ATV boot animation. But it was stuck on that. I waited for more than 5 mins, but it was stuck. I rebooted to recovery, and it still has original recovery. I rebooted again, and now it showed your "freaktab" logo first, but it was all messed up - it was shifted by half, and colors were all greenish. But immediately after that it showed standard ATV boot animation. But again it was stuck. Do you know what could be wrong? I am able to flash back stock firmware so it is not bricked.

I did not try the other option of just replacing _aml_dtb.PARTITION from stock to your ROM, because I am not sure if the name in dtb is same as expected. I don't know how to extract the DT from that partition. I tried gunzip on PARTITION file and it gave _aml_dtb file which is binary blob. Then I tried "dtc" command with various -I and -O options, but none are working and it is not able to read the file. I tried running "dtc" command directly on "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file too, but no luck.
    Replace the boot.PARTITION with the one from my build, leave the stock dtb and uboot for now!
    Ho and the messed boot logo is because in my rom the bits used is 24 and the one support by your stock uboot is only 16.
    Also replace the product.PARTITION and odm.PARTITION.

Leave a comment:

• drsam007
    replied

Yes it "should" work if the dtb has the same name internal name as the uboot is waiting for, that is for the s905x3 devices : sm1_ac213_2g and sm1_ac213_4g
    superceleron I checked stock firmware, and the kernel version is exactly same as that the one in your ROM (4.9.113). So I just replaced the system.PARTITION and vendor.PARTITION files in stock firmware with yours and flashed it. On first boot, it showed my original T95Max+ logo, and then it showed standard ATV boot animation. But it was stuck on that. I waited for more than 5 mins, but it was stuck. I rebooted to recovery, and it still has original recovery. I rebooted again, and now it showed your "freaktab" logo first, but it was all messed up - it was shifted by half, and colors were all greenish. But immediately after that it showed standard ATV boot animation. But again it was stuck. Do you know what could be wrong? I am able to flash back stock firmware so it is not bricked.

I did not try the other option of just replacing _aml_dtb.PARTITION from stock to your ROM, because I am not sure if the name in dtb is same as expected. I don't know how to extract the DT from that partition. I tried gunzip on PARTITION file and it gave _aml_dtb file which is binary blob. Then I tried "dtc" command with various -I and -O options, but none are working and it is not able to read the file. I tried running "dtc" command directly on "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file too, but no luck.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by 5p0ng3b0b View Post

Great work on this rom. I have magicsee n5plus 4g/64g too which is supposedly DDR4. I hope the newer version of this rom works, but I am not trying yet until confirmed working.
    I attach DTB and DTS for this box if it helps in anyway.
    Also does this rom support mounting loop devices?
    well about the loop can't tell since i didn't try it..
    The DDR4 is not in the DTB is in the uboot, the only way for you to know is grabbing a serial output as soon as you connect the box!
    Also that dtb is from the 1gb ram.

Leave a comment:

• 5p0ng3b0b
    replied
    Originally posted by JuBaX View Post
    Not working on Magicsee N5 PLUS S905x3. Rom error while flashing.
    Great work on this rom. I have magicsee n5plus 4g/64g too which is supposedly DDR4. I hope the newer version of this rom works, but I am not trying yet until confirmed working.
    I attach DTB and DTS for this box if it helps in anyway.
    Also does this rom support mounting loop devices?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Updated first post with v2.0, enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• toilatoiok
    replied

hoo i see, the issue in your box from my build is the emmc is not compatible with my DT...
    Anyway just as soon as you turn on the box just keep pressing enter key in serial terminal until you get a shell, something like "g12a_u212_v1:>"
    When that happen, just type "update" and press enter ( without the "" ) and connect the usb cable and voila you can flash the box!
    Thank you so much !

Leave a comment:

• drsam007
    replied

yes you need to replace both partitions, system and vendor and hope the kernel of that stock rom is not that old!
    Thanks, I'll try it. If it does not work then I'll try replacing dtb

Leave a comment:

• pexcn
    replied
    Okay, thanks for SC and sagert.

Leave a comment:

• sagert
    replied
    Originally posted by pexcn View Post

Hello sagert:
    How do I extract dtb from the factory firmware? and how to paste it into this firmware?
    What tools do I need?
    Using the Amlogic tool v6.0 .

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    superceleron or another question - what if I replace just system.PARTITION in my stock rom with what is there in your ROM?
    yes you need to replace both partitions, system and vendor and hope the kernel of that stock rom is not that old!

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by pexcn View Post

Hi SC, if I can provide the dtb files of this device, so will this device be supported in the next release?
    no mate, it wont work like that unfortunately.

superceleron I have T95 Max+ S905X3 device. Most probably the DTB included in your img might not work with it. Would it work if I replace "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file in level1 of your img with the one that I have in my stock ROM? Do I need to update/replace any other file?
    Yes it "should" work if the dtb has the same name internal name as the uboot is waiting for, that is for the s905x3 devices : sm1_ac213_2g and sm1_ac213_4g

Leave a comment:

• drsam007
    replied
    superceleron or another question - what if I replace just system.PARTITION in my stock rom with what is there in your ROM?

Leave a comment:

• drsam007
    replied
    superceleron I have T95 Max+ S905X3 device. Most probably the DTB included in your img might not work with it. Would it work if I replace "_aml_dtb.PARTITION" file in level1 of your img with the one that I have in my stock ROM? Do I need to update/replace any other file?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X