This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

?????Yeah I've been pretty busy lately that's for sure....

....???for sure no matter what it's always more work making an OTA. If I make something maybe I'll PM you so you can test when you get your box in.
    Too Awesome.... if? I would Love that! Testing from Avg. Joe+ View point.
    I might talk myself into an ATV version, based on the experience. But it's doubtful...lol
    These boxes are crying for a lighten, quick, responsive and stable more attractive ROM. Sounds like you've Accomplished That!

Is the .img file type format used by twrp Any easier to ammend from your work?
    I guess I need to read up more, to understand the challenge at hand.
    ...OF Coarse, it's beyond me that a coversion apk doesn't exist, Nor that androids can't ''Fix'' Androids?!
    Hence... ''Tech-Tard''.

Btw, What seems a customary show of apreciation? Obviously you do this for love and pride, not monetary gain..but?
    Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-22-2020, 22:33. Reason: A ''burned'' bootloader file (.zip) cannot be up & dn. Loaded to cloud?
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

Too Awesome.... if? I would Love that! Testing from Avg. Joe+ View point.
      I might talk myself into an ATV version, based on the experience. But it's doubtful...lol
      These boxes are crying for a lighten, quick, responsive and stable more attractive ROM. Sounds like you've Accomplished That!

Is the .img file type format used by twrp Any easier to ammend from your work?
      I guess I need to read up more, to understand the challenge at hand.
      ...OF Coarse, it's beyond me that a coversion apk doesn't exist, Nor that androids can't ''Fix'' Androids?!
      Hence... ''Tech-Tard''.

Btw, What seems a customary show of apreciation? Obviously you do this for love and pride, not monetary gain..but?
      I obviously love doing this and like to help people out. Of course not for the monetary gain, but don't get me wrong it's nice when someone makes a donation, but that's not why I do this. I've heard you ask before through some other threads, so decided I can try to help out and make it easier for you to do this through like TWRP or maybe even a signed OTA. Like I mentioned, once you receive a box and you would like to try something just feel free to PM and I can see what I can do for you.
      Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

I obviously love doing this and like to help people out. Of course not for the monetary gain, but don't get me wrong it's nice when someone makes a donation, but that's not why I do this. I've heard you ask before through some other threads, so decided I can try to help out and make it easier for you to do this through like TWRP or maybe even a signed OTA. Like I mentioned, once you receive a box and you would like to try something just feel free to PM and I can see what I can do for you.
        Thank you,

Alvatech
        Too fine! And many thanks for the consideration. We are really blessed to benefit, from your and others Devs' work-share.
        Especially when one thinks of the masses, trying to get a satisfying experience from virtually every stock FW out there.
        .. I expect the mini2 tomar, and will test drive it a bit to measure it's deficiency... I know it won't disappoint. lol.
        ??????.. I want to get a baseline to fully appreciate the customization.
        Alvatech, I'll get back to you in a few days... THANK YOOU!
        Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-28-2020, 08:29.

Comment

ALVATECH I saw this post in the review of the Gt1 Mini2 thread, do you know if this is working in your ROM?

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...577#post791577

Hi, I have a problem with HDR10+ video files (SMPTE ST 2094) on my GT1-mini2, since my TV propably don't support HDR10+ it should fallback to HDR10 (this happens when i'm using internal player from my TV) but it doesn't work at all on GT1mini2 and presents "washed/grayed" colours, official spec state that this box support HDR10+. All HDR10 videos (SMPTE ST 2086) works well, and by the way, if i open HDR10+ file the HDR feature breaks and my TV isn't triggering HDR mode even for the "normal" HDR10 until i replug HDMI cable/change resolution etc.

and

Quite disappointed. I got feedback that the codec of this box is bad !

The author of the netflix kodi plugin has given up hope on it, it can't decode basic video on netflix properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
            ALVATECH I saw this post in the review of the Gt1 Mini2 thread, do you know if this is working in your ROM?

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...577#post791577
            Hello,
            I see you're just quoting everything from the link you sent me. This is something you would need to take up with Beelink directly. I'm sure there is some workarounds like they mentioned in the link that you might be able to use temporarily. But all this is usually fixed through the source. I have released this ROM based off of the latest version that came from Beelink. So if it didn't work on the latest available then it probably won't work.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello,
              I see you're just quoting everything from the link you sent me. This is something you would need to take up with Beelink directly. I'm sure there is some workarounds like they mentioned in the link that you might be able to use temporarily. But all this is usually fixed through the source. I have released this ROM based off of the latest version that came from Beelink. So if it didn't work on the latest available then it probably won't work.
              Thank you,

Alvatech
              Thanks for the reply.

Since that post was done mid 2019, and your build is based on a firmware probably 2 versions later, I actually was looking for a confirmation that it was fixed in the latest version.

I'm considering to buy the device, but from the reviews I read about any X2 / X3 device, I notice that many have issues.

Is it still too early to buy a X3 device?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Thanks for the reply.

Since that post was done mid 2019, and your build is based on a firmware probably 2 versions later, I actually was looking for a confirmation that it was fixed in the latest version.

I'm considering to buy the device, but from the reviews I read about any X2 / X3 device, I notice that many have issues.

Is it still too early to buy a X3 device?
                I personally don't use those type of formats so I couldn't tell you. You might start a new thread or reply back on that same thread you referenced earlier and ask there. As for X2 and X3 devices they all seem to have bugs and they will always have bugs. You may start a new thread for that too asking people for their opinion. You'll probably get a lot of different responses since everyone uses their boxes for different uses, but you might be able to base it off of the answers you get.
                Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Have tried installing this ROM, I guess everything works accordingly.

Also tried install su patch in TWRP, as mentioned in the documentation, have to install the patch two times.

This is the first time I am using Alvatech ROM. I got too used to Lighthome launcher, ended up installing the Lighthome launcher from the stock ROM.

Will be spending more time using and testing this ROM.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    I have now added some additional information to the 2nd post of this thread. Please read all the following information from the top of the "Extra Tips Section" to make sure you understand everything correctly. All information is taken as is. I will not be custom making or providing info for any other devices except for the custom work that is currently made now. So please do not ask.
                    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Has anyone tried mo123 magisk installer tutorial on this device/ROM?
                      He'll probably chime in on it's workability.
                      If'n you are advised and try:
                      1) Without Fail, backup your stk. and custom recovery .img FIRST.
                      2) Follow instructs to the Letter!
                      3) Reboot and Test for proper performance several times, and then...
                      4) Remember to Remove Chainfires SU script when completed.
                      **I appreciate the "space" Alvatech, and hope the preceeding is not in vain.

Comment

I have some driver issue with my gt1 mini 2 and usb burning tool.
                        Normaly worlcup driver was well installed.
                        I hold reset button and connect my male male usb cable into the usb2 black port.
                        And i have a unknown device : Device Descriptor Request Failed

I try to manualy select worldcup.inf driver in usb burning tool folder but that say that the driver is not compatible with x64.
                        Any idea? thanks

Comment

Works with a win7 computer...

Now i have some difficulties to dual boot. Alvatech is booting every time. How to switch to Core Elec on my sd card ?

Comment

Originally posted by fixide View Post

Now i have some difficulties to dual boot. Alvatech is booting every time. How to switch to Core Elec on my sd card ?
                            Hello,
                            I don't support CoreElec here personally. You would have to do some research online to see if you can get that going. This thread is only for this ROM and not for CoreElec.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by fixide View Post

Did you already formatted the SD Card properly for CoreElec ?

If you have already done that correctly, then you would have to insert card, and press and hold the reset button to boot it. This will have to be done once only. After it is able to boot from SDCard for the first time, it will continue to always boot from SDCard as long as the card is inserted.

To boot back to Alvatech, you can first boot into CoreElec, then boot into Alvatech.

Comment

Originally posted by mctiew View Post
                                Did you already formatted the SD Card properly for CoreElec ?
                                Gentlemen ? ...I think Alva d' Developer said he didn't support CoreLec within His ROM.
                                Please don't add divergences, PM or START A THREAD. maybe?
                                ~ jus' saying

Comment

Working...
                                X