Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Stock Rom] Bqeel Y8 Max U214 S905x3 (Full Stock Image)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Stock Rom] Bqeel Y8 Max U214 S905x3 (Full Stock Image)

Click image for larger version  Name:	cd2d4bf2-b151-4a8f-bf9c-19adcd18a6c9.__CR0,0,970,600_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg Views:	1 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	797110

Today I present you with the Full Stock Rooted Image of the Bqeel Y8 Max u214 Board w/s905x3 Chipset..
    4/64GB Memory...

Code:
    ro.build.description=franklin-user 9 PPR1.180610.011 20200113 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=Amlogic/franklin/franklin:9/PPR1.180610.011/20200113:user/release-keys
    File Name: u214.y8_max_1000m_9.0.2020.01.13.11.17.img: http://bit.ly/3b72Qx6
    Zip Package: u214.y8_max_1000m_9.0.2020.01.13.11.17.7z: http://bit.ly/31jTnhc

Info: https://www.bqeel.net/product/b07f81xs3s.html
    Last edited by Eliminater74; 02-03-2020, 15:56.

I will be working on a Custom ATV Edition of this ROM..

Comment

FYI: The Bqeel Y8 Max U214 S905x3 Is based off the H96 Max X3 Series.

The 2 devices are identical to each other. Not to mean if you look inside vendor/etc and run bootvideo, you will
      see a nice spash then the H96 Max X3 Logo appears..

I am only telling you all this, because you can also use the H96 Max X3 Series ROM Image as well......

Comment

Bqeel y8 firmware is a full copy of Vontar X3 and HK1 BOX, I installed this firmware on Vontar X3 - only the launcher differs.

Comment

Originally posted by grayman View Post
          Bqeel y8 firmware is a full copy of Vontar X3 and HK1 X3, I installed this firmware on Vontar X3 - only the launcher differs.
          Yeah, Its 100% full copy of H96 Max X3, as I said, go into vendor/etc and run the bootvideo. it will show H96 Max x3..
          Most likely as you said, the Vontar x3 (which I never looked into) and the HK1 x3 (I suspected) are also copies.. but most name brand
          boxes seem to get their main board and firmware from the generic boxes like the X96 and H96 Max boxes..and they just make their small tiny
          changes to it..... I cant say if they build from source or steal 100% built code and just change a few apps..

Most likely they use the device tree from the generic which would make more sense.. but half the time they forget it to edit some stuff out..

Comment

I have a fully working ATV Edition of this ROM. It took me a bit of time to get it working like it should.. I consider it Beta use.. if anyone remembers my old one I released on the x96 Max s905x2 boxes and so on.. pretty much the u211 boards.. it was a bit slow at times and had way tomany apps.. I was testing many things and left many things in it for resting..

This one has very limited apps included, also anyone with this True Box for real, will know that latest Update for ROM, removed ROOT. it also tells you
            before it removed it that if you need root then contact your Dealer, in my case Amazon Seller, He sent me the true Rooted Fully Updated Image....

Anyhow, I am not a fan of SuperUser.. and seems like the Bqeel, H96 x3 , Mk1 x3, Vontar X3, All include SuperUser and own custom Launcher..

I first tweaked the ROM, build.prop, I also added init.d support. I removed stock auto preinstalls and added my own. using the init.d
            support. I changed the way my init.d support works and installs apk's to make it boot much faster.. I removed my lame ass timer I had on my own rom for that.
            now it just checks to make sure sdcard/Downloads exist before continuing the APK Installs, Much smarter then the old sleep 60 way..
            I also removed alot of unnecessary crap.. most of that crap is for standard Andrid or another ROM version...
            I fully removed Stock Recovery from ROM, that means System.. TWRP is in image....... but all the recovery.sh crap is gone. saved much space doing that..

Removed the old stock SuperUser Root and implanted SuperSU. better to me. plus SuperSU is faster then SuperUser..

Added bootvideo, my own Custom sorta one.... Nothing to fancy but its something.....

I deleted all telephone related crap, This is a TV Box, not a phone.. I dont think anyone has a SIM slot on their box.......
            and if you truly make phone calls with your box, then please Get help.. There are Doctors out there that im sure would help you.

Now the ATV Part, I added in all the ATV stuff after removing all the unneeded apps. I kept alot of the original files when converting to ATV.. because I wnated to keep as much original as I could.
            I did mod the framework-res.apk to enable correct recents among other things, Like darkness.

Also edited the APPDRAWER with a new set of skins. More pleasant to look at now. (ATV is meant to be dark)

as I said its Beta, cause im still working on things. but its going to soon be released on here..

Just keep an eye out.

Comment

Any Screenshots to upload?

I did mod the framework-res.apk to enable correct recents
              Did you go with "Grid" view for Recents? Just my personal fav.

Also edited the APPDRAWER with a new set of skins. More pleasant to look at now. (ATV is meant to be dark)
              You using the LineageOS Appdrawer? Also just my preferred app drawer.

Yeah, Its 100% full copy of H96 Max X3, as I said, go into vendor/etc and run the bootvideo. it will show H96 Max x3..
              Most likely as you said, the Vontar x3 (which I never looked into) and the HK1 x3 (I suspected) are also copies.. but most name brand
              boxes seem to get their main board and firmware from the generic boxes like the X96 and H96 Max boxes..and they just make their small tiny
              changes to it..... I cant say if they build from source or steal 100% built code and just change a few apps..
              H96 is just a Trademark brand, like Vontar as well; I believe HK1 is the OEM/ODM's personal trademark brand to showcase what they can deliver for their ODM clients like "H96 and Vontar." Just like how JoinWe, aka Wechip, which makes Magicsee devices, which is an independent trademark brand not owned by JoinWe.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                Any Screenshots to upload?
                Have not done any as of yet.. still working on a few things.

Did you go with "Grid" view for Recents? Just my personal fav.
                Yeah its in grid view, but I dont like the face that the CLEAN ALL is located at the top right.. I dont know how to move that or what.

You using the LineageOS Appdrawer? Also just my preferred app drawer.

AppDrawer is LineageOS edition, I used another edition that I decompiled and used a few things from it, to give it a more darker look.

H96 is just a Trademark brand, like Vontar as well; I believe HK1 is the OEM/ODM's personal trademark brand to showcase what they can deliver for their ODM clients like "H96 and Vontar." Just like how JoinWe, aka Wechip, which makes Magicsee devices, which is an independent trademark brand not owned by JoinWe.
                yeah I suspected that, but wasnt really sure on all that or how they do that. I do know the Company Bqeel makes Video and audio stuff, and been around for years..
                but for a company that makes its own Video and Audio crap, you would think they would make their own Box or at least better OS, when the H96 Max bootvideo was left in..
                So im not even sure if they build from source or not... all the following boxes you mention are same except for launchers and maybe a few apps.
                So im lost as to what they really do when they get their hands on the box..

Comment

thanks a lot for the firmware! I just tried to get back to stock from superceleron's generic custom rom but when I try to open the image in USB Burning Tool 2.2.0 I get the error "key file configuration wrong". Can you maybe tell me what to do to get rid of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ullulaki View Post
                    thanks a lot for the firmware! I just tried to get back to stock from superceleron's generic custom rom but when I try to open the image in USB Burning Tool 2.2.0 I get the error "key file configuration wrong". Can you maybe tell me what to do to get rid of this?
                    yeah, I had that problem before too, 2 ways to fix it, extract image and remove key.conf from the ini config, or just download some keys and put them in your USBburning LIC dir

Comment

okay I will try that, thanks a lot ?
                      does it madder which keys?

and if you're in need for a beta-tester I could offer to do so

Comment

Originally posted by Ullulaki View Post
                        okay I will try that, thanks a lot ?
                        does it madder which keys?

and if you're in need for a beta-tester I could offer to do so
                        really no.. but whatever you do, when keys show up in box on USB Burning Tool, Do NOT check any..

but it will get you past the error..

Comment

Sorry I been gone a while. I did complete a ATV Edition of this ROM. I did not release yet.. Not even sure anyone is interested in it.. If you all are, I will zip it up and
                          upload it then post it.. Its still a work in progress but it does work for the most part..

I also decided it was time to fix the AppDrawer, So I redid AppDrawer;;

I call it AppDrawerATV;

Source code: https://github.com/AndroidTVDeveloper/AppDrawerATV

<-- yeah I was nice enough to just leave it opensource.. Its no big deal of a program
                          but it does the job, and works for Pie and 10......... all updated with latest libs and it uses AndroidX
                          and somewhat Kotlin.... Speed from the original is a bit faster and smoother......

The only thing it doesnt do, is Auto add it self to the Fav's of Android TV (ATV)..
                          It also will not work on tablet or phone mode.. Only TV mode.........
                          also, sorry, but I dont think it will load on Oreo, but you can fix that easy in source.......

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminater74 View Post
                            Sorry I been gone a while. I did complete a ATV Edition of this ROM. I did not release yet.. Not even sure anyone is interested in it.. If you all are, I will zip it up and
                            upload it then post it.. Its still a work in progress but it does work for the most part..

I also decided it was time to fix the AppDrawer, So I redid AppDrawer;;

I call it AppDrawerATV;

Source code: https://github.com/AndroidTVDeveloper/AppDrawerATV

<-- yeah I was nice enough to just leave it opensource.. Its no big deal of a program
                            but it does the job, and works for Pie and 10......... all updated with latest libs and it uses AndroidX
                            and somewhat Kotlin.... Speed from the original is a bit faster and smoother......

The only thing it doesnt do, is Auto add it self to the Fav's of Android TV (ATV)..
                            It also will not work on tablet or phone mode.. Only TV mode.........
                            also, sorry, but I dont think it will load on Oreo, but you can fix that easy in source.......
                            I would appretiate if you can upload it and test it immediately :-)

Comment

Hi

I have VONTAR X3 which is basically 905X3 4GB 64GB can I use this rom on that.

Can we play usb wireless joysticks on these.

thanks

Ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X