X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sssolider2
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliminater74 View Post
    Sorry about the multi post on here, but was answering the questions as I go along reading.. now for my final post for the time being or day,

I will see what I can do about the Audio problem.. I think and pretty sure its something in build.prop that needs adjusting..
    I will remove more apps... I will take in account you all want Smart YouTube and stbEmu, I honestly havent been messing with my box in a while.. but its about time
    I back into it.. specially since there are things I wanna do that cant do on the cube 4k.

so, starting today or tomorrow, I will make a few more changes and test it.. then release an update most likely by tomorrow evening Eastern Time....

as for new firmware, I wont add any of that just of yet.. because its alot of work at this time.. and I need to get this up to par first.. then I will update the main firmware..
    I just dont wanna mess with it just of yet.. I would have to decompile a few things and make some changes and recompile and re sign and so on.. Just not something I
    wanna do at this time.. so lets get this going right first......... then I can update firmware..........

But yes, I do listen to what you all say and I do appreciate al the input I received.. with that.. I will make the changes needed..
    THank you for the reply. We can count on you. It looks like I am not the only person with audio problems for this custom rom. I hope everything works out.

Look forward to the update.

Leave a comment:

• Eliminater74
    replied
    Sorry about the multi post on here, but was answering the questions as I go along reading.. now for my final post for the time being or day,

I will see what I can do about the Audio problem.. I think and pretty sure its something in build.prop that needs adjusting..
    I will remove more apps... I will take in account you all want Smart YouTube and stbEmu, I honestly havent been messing with my box in a while.. but its about time
    I back into it.. specially since there are things I wanna do that cant do on the cube 4k.

so, starting today or tomorrow, I will make a few more changes and test it.. then release an update most likely by tomorrow evening Eastern Time....

as for new firmware, I wont add any of that just of yet.. because its alot of work at this time.. and I need to get this up to par first.. then I will update the main firmware..
    I just dont wanna mess with it just of yet.. I would have to decompile a few things and make some changes and recompile and re sign and so on.. Just not something I
    wanna do at this time.. so lets get this going right first......... then I can update firmware..........

But yes, I do listen to what you all say and I do appreciate al the input I received.. with that.. I will make the changes needed..

Leave a comment:

• Eliminater74
    replied
    Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post

Yes, i think the android system is over boosting the audio. the quality is terrible when playing a music channel. the volume is utter almost.

I use StbEmu Pro . I installed the latest edition pro either.

there is nothing in the app that I use can alter the audio aspect.

the only way to enjoy the audio is to put the tv volume at very low volume and just let it be.

if you are going to update the custom rom, you can always leave apktime app and keep it simple.

ps: i removed shit load of apps and then i restarted the device (first time restarting it after installing the rom) and the audio seems to go back to normal. strange indeed.
    would you care to list what apps you removed.. maybe I can figure something out...

Leave a comment:

• Eliminater74
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Well here is the link to the VIM3L ROM if you want to just decompile ROM extract Kernel and compile a new boot.img ? then see how your device reacts
    page link: https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/FirmwareAndroid.html
    direct download link to latest ROM: https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V200320.7z

Also, SuperCeleron makes his images from Source, he has access to a private Amlogic SDK
    link: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ild#post794463
    I have had a private conversation with SuperCeleron, and he doesnt wanna give it out.. but its understanding, since he spent countless hours creating his custom one..
    but ill look into the other stuff..

Leave a comment:

• Saurav144
    replied
    This rom is close to perfect for me. Could you please release a patch or something to fix the sound? Pleaseeeeeeee .

Thankyou for your work.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Saurav144
    replied
    I feel the startup is really slow. Even after couple of reboots. Apart from that everything working fine for me. Im not a power user though.

Edit: audio coming out of tv speakers is really bad. It works fine on bluetooth speakers.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Saurav144; 04-18-2020, 20:45.

Leave a comment:

• EDDY2722
    replied
    Ok more updates

I finally got it but I feel it bit slow, gamepads are detected but not working I will give it couple of restarts. finger crossed.

Can anyone help how can i revert back to original rom.

Here is the original rom

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• EDDY2722
    replied
    Ok Gents

Some updates

I have installed the custom rom on VONX3

The process I followed

1- disable win 10 drivers
    2- Install UBT while connected the box
    3- Boot it with pin and power button
    4- on the recovery menu UBT detected it
    5 I uncheck the erase bootloader
    6- Normal erase selected on UBT
    7- import image and start
    10- 3 min 18 sec it completed the process
    11- Finally there is screen 10 9 8 --- 1
    12 it asked for regional
    13 wifi connection i put the password and it stated connected since 18 min its loading something and chromecast screen savers are running.

I am not sure what is happening as it is still wip.

Pls let me know if i need to redo any steps

I will keep u posted from this end...

cheers

Leave a comment:

• EDDY2722
    replied
    Guys re the rom on Vontar X3 Can any one confirm if 2.4gh usb wireless gamepad works on this rom.

This is one of the strange things I have a samsung and pipo s3 tablets and i can navigate these tablets without any issues with same usb 2.4gh gamepads. And these are old kitkat tablets....

When it comes to vontar x3 905x3 i can see it can detect but no navigation

V strange

Any thoughts would b highly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by banditjackpotty View Post
    I'm new to these Android boxes. Happy to test this. I have exact same box, so I can't just put the zip on a USB with the lic and then ota update?
    License file is to be used with USB Burning Tool only. Insert in directory of windows pc, example C:>\programs\Amlogic\usb_burning_tool\license

File may be compressed in Zip format only, but it is not an OTA from manufacturer, it must only be installed with UBT (Amlogic USB Burning Tool).

Is there some reason for this from a developer perspective?
    Amlogic and these TV box manufacturers don't release the code for these devices, so most custom ROMs are reversed engineered to modify Android. If the developer has source code then it would be possible to make OTA.zip files but even then it is still more work that developers are doing for free in most cases.

Also will this wipe my previous data like user apps and settings? I assume it will also break online updates
    If you first go into Settings and turn Off WiFi and/or disconnect Ethernet, then go in Apps settings an delete Data for Play Store, Play Services, and all the system Settings apps, then you use UBT and do NOT select "Erase Data" + "Erase Bootloader" before you install a custom ROM, then it will be possible to install ROM on top of old ROM. That is not-recommended because if just one setting in the Bootloader or System are conflicting with new ROM you bricked your device and have to enter MaskROM Mode to Flash back original ROM.

Custom ROM's don't have Online OTA updates, and in the weird situation where the system still checks the original factory OTA website, either the OTA ROM will download and not install or it will install and then you lose any customized feature of the custom ROM and be like a stock device once again.

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    op, when is new custom rom coming out?

also, can you fix the audio issue on the custom rom? when i turn off the tv and put it back on, the audio volume increases very greatly that it distorts the audio.

Leave a comment:

• banditjackpotty
    replied
    I'm new to these Android boxes. Happy to test this. I have exact same box, so I can't just put the zip on a USB with the lic and then ota update? Is there some reason for this from a developer perspective?

Also will this wipe my previous data like user apps and settings? I assume it will also break online updates

Leave a comment:

• DonCo106
    replied
    Thanks for the works !

This firmware works for Tanix TX3 , Bqeel Y8 Pro or NinkBox N8 Plus too (same boxes )

Just 2 littles problems :
    - IR remote don't work but with HDMI CEC, it's possible to use your Tv remote
    - Digital clock in the front of the box works but inverse

Leave a comment:

• grayman
    replied
    Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post

what is this?
    Firmware Bqeel Y8, HK1 Box, Vontar X3 - identical. If there is something new there, you can use it in creating firmware.

I forgot the main thing, in all these firmwares you can find the H96 logo, two more identical firmwares H96 X3 and HK1 X3 (washers)
    Translated.
    Last edited by grayman; 04-17-2020, 06:56.

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    Originally posted by grayman View Post
    New OTA Vontar X3 - u218.VONTAR_X3_1000M_9.0.2020.04.06.10.48-ota
    (maybe no root)
    what is this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X