• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grayman
    replied
    New OTA Vontar X3 - u218.VONTAR_X3_1000M_9.0.2020.04.06.10.48-ota
    (maybe no root)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
    Last edited by grayman; 04-16-2020, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    Originally posted by Saurav144 View Post
    Thats av output hole isnt it? Didnt know that was a reset hole too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    you are correct. it is called the av outpout hole. just put a pen or a toothpick in it. you can feel the button being pressed. also, when you put in the usb cable , use the non blue usb port side. that will connect. avoid the blue usb port ...

Leave a comment:

• Saurav144
    replied
    Thats av output hole isnt it? Didnt know that was a reset hole too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    Originally posted by Saurav144 View Post

I have the same device. 2 questions:

1. How to get into recovery mode? there is no button to press or a small hole where i could insert pin.

2. instruction on 1st post says "To flash this, you will need to find a License.zip and extract it to your USB Burning Root Dir." ,, what does that mean exactly?

Apologies for noob question. Doing this for the first time.

Thanks
    Reset button in The hole which is located by the hdmi output. just grab a pen (or a tooth pick) and insert it in the whole.

2. extract the license files in the usb buring tool root folder

Leave a comment:

• Saurav144
    replied
    Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post
    this rom works on my TICTID 4GB RAM 64GB ROM TX6 Plus

awesome stuff.

i am enjoying this custom rom. it works like a charm. thanks for the port and the support..
    I have the same device. 2 questions:

1. How to get into recovery mode? there is no button to press or a small hole where i could insert pin.

2. instruction on 1st post says "To flash this, you will need to find a License.zip and extract it to your USB Burning Root Dir." ,, what does that mean exactly?

Apologies for noob question. Doing this for the first time.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

So it fixed itself?

I always restart a device about 5 times before I even start using any media apps in my setup/testing process, and firstly go to YouTube and check if it is working normally first, because if there is something critical is will show itself when using YouTube.

The newest version 57 had less apps compared to version 50, and for a next release I agree all the streaming Apks should be left out of the ROM, whatever apk anybody could want can be found in all the App stores that are included.
    yes, it fixed itself.

all of the apps needs to be removed, to be honest.

everyone needs are different but i just need Typhoon, StbEmu, and Smart Youtube. That's it.

edit: I am having the same problem once again. I guess this happens from time to time. the only to fix the issue is to restart the device (i unplug the power cable).
    Last edited by sssolider2; 04-13-2020, 22:10.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    ps: i removed shit load of apps and then i restarted the device (first time restarting it after installing the rom) and the audio seems to go back to normal. strange indeed.
    So it fixed itself?

I always restart a device about 5 times before I even start using any media apps in my setup/testing process, and firstly go to YouTube and check if it is working normally first, because if there is something critical is will show itself when using YouTube.

The newest version 57 had less apps compared to version 50, and for a next release I agree all the streaming Apks should be left out of the ROM, whatever apk anybody could want can be found in all the App stores that are included.

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    Hmm, I didn't notice any weird audio issues, I always leave Android setting at 100% volume and just adjust my TV speakers.
    Do you think it is the Android System over-boosting the audio?
    Does the IPTV app have Audio Boost or its own Volume control?

Yes, i think the android system is over boosting the audio. the quality is terrible when playing a music channel. the volume is utter almost.

I use StbEmu Pro . I installed the latest edition pro either.

there is nothing in the app that I use can alter the audio aspect.

the only way to enjoy the audio is to put the tv volume at very low volume and just let it be.

if you are going to update the custom rom, you can always leave apktime app and keep it simple.

ps: i removed shit load of apps and then i restarted the device (first time restarting it after installing the rom) and the audio seems to go back to normal. strange indeed.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    question, how do you decrease the volume? Not from the tv remote but from the operating system. the volume is increased greatly but it makes the sound awful at times when watching iptv.
    Hmm, I didn't notice any weird audio issues, I always leave Android setting at 100% volume and just adjust my TV speakers.
    Do you think it is the Android System over-boosting the audio?
    Does the IPTV app have Audio Boost or its own Volume control?

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    question, how do you decrease the volume? Not from the tv remote but from the operating system. the volume is increased greatly but it makes the sound awful at times when watching iptv.

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliminater74 View Post
    I need something to keep my mind off all the crazy people that think some virus is going to end the world......

Well here is the link to the VIM3L ROM if you want to just decompile ROM extract Kernel and compile a new boot.img ? then see how your device reacts
    page link: https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/FirmwareAndroid.html
    direct download link to latest ROM: https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V200320.7z

Also, SuperCeleron makes his images from Source, he has access to a private Amlogic SDK
    link: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ild#post794463

Leave a comment:

• Eliminater74
    replied
    Eliminater74 have you thought about using Khadas Vim3L(S905D3) Kernel or SuperCeleron's(S905x2/S905x3) Kernel for a port in a ROM? This ROM already runs very well and possibly not much to gain from doing a kernel port. Just some ideas I've been kicking about in my head.

Here is Khadas GIT : https://github.com/khadas
    I will defiantly look into it, and Yes, much is to gain with a kernel, the kernel is the HEART of the ROM.. you can do wonders to a OS just by the kernel... but Amlogic is something I am
    new to.. dont understand its workings fully yet.. Qualcomm I know very well and everything about it.. But I will check into that.. and see what I can pull up...

Here is one of my OLD Kernels for my OnePlus 6T that I did some time back, Retired now though: https://gitlab.com/devoneplus

I have done work on an LG G3, LG V10, LG G6, HTC10, OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 7 Pro, But Retired on the 7 Pro.. Even got both my 6T and 7 Pro into GOD MODE..
    by making some changes to the param partition... and compiling a custom fastboot...

but thanks for the input, I will look into it all.. I need something to keep my mind off all the crazy people that think some virus is going to end the world......

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Eliminater74 have you thought about using Khadas Vim3L(S905D3) Kernel or SuperCeleron's(S905x2/S905x3) Kernel for a port in a ROM? This ROM already runs very well and possibly not much to gain from doing a kernel port. Just some ideas I've been kicking about in my head.

Here is Khadas GIT : https://github.com/khadas

Leave a comment:

• sssolider2
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliminater74 View Post
    I will have an update out soon enough.. I realized that something I added to my last unreleased edition caused system to crash and do weird things.. so I reverted back some.
    and started over from an earlier point.. As some of you know, I use gitlab to hold my history of changes and so on.. that way I can always revert back or make changes and keep track of what I do
    so if I need to fully update firmware its not that much of a pain in the future.

I got my start on Qualcomm Devices, I am originally a Kernel Developer, I am Founder of Nebula Kernel, built on QualComm Flagship Devices........
    I retired after 6 years of that. Just got bored with Android Devices... I am also one of 2 founders of PureFusionOS ROM............ which we hung up after Oreo do to
    real life issues........... you can google search both to understand a little more about me..... I am in no way new to coding........ tell you the truth I love the
    Android Box scene, But would love it more if I had access to source to build my own roms from scratch.. but that will never happen as Amlogic is pretty stingy with that crap.

But in all I do my best.... I love the ATV look and operation.. I just dont think Android Boxes should be made in Tablet Mode.. they are not tablets, they are TV's.........
    and ATV is what I feel it needs to be. so I will always go off that.............

I also have a Amazon Fire Cube 4k 2nd Generation with a 128GB SSD hooked to External and a Amazone FireStick 4k.. the cube is my main android box system.. the Bqeel box is now just my testing and playing around with
    box......

So in time ill upload another firmware update..............
    i only had this custom rom for few hours now. i do not see any bugs or strange things. either way, i look forward to the update. i know i can update this device because i did it before.

thanks for everything.

Leave a comment:

• Eliminater74
    replied
    I will have an update out soon enough.. I realized that something I added to my last unreleased edition caused system to crash and do weird things.. so I reverted back some.
    and started over from an earlier point.. As some of you know, I use gitlab to hold my history of changes and so on.. that way I can always revert back or make changes and keep track of what I do
    so if I need to fully update firmware its not that much of a pain in the future.

I got my start on Qualcomm Devices, I am originally a Kernel Developer, I am Founder of Nebula Kernel, built on QualComm Flagship Devices........
    I retired after 6 years of that. Just got bored with Android Devices... I am also one of 2 founders of PureFusionOS ROM............ which we hung up after Oreo do to
    real life issues........... you can google search both to understand a little more about me..... I am in no way new to coding........ tell you the truth I love the
    Android Box scene, But would love it more if I had access to source to build my own roms from scratch.. but that will never happen as Amlogic is pretty stingy with that crap.

But in all I do my best.... I love the ATV look and operation.. I just dont think Android Boxes should be made in Tablet Mode.. they are not tablets, they are TV's.........
    and ATV is what I feel it needs to be. so I will always go off that.............

I also have a Amazon Fire Cube 4k 2nd Generation with a 128GB SSD hooked to External and a Amazone FireStick 4k.. the cube is my main android box system.. the Bqeel box is now just my testing and playing around with
    box......

So in time ill upload another firmware update..............

Leave a comment:

Working...
X