[ROM] PureFusionATV__Bqeel_u214.Y8_MAX_1000M_S905X3 Test57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by venioni View Post

This is what i've seen when starting the boot with purefusionATV Bqeel rom on my x88prox3 tv box . It showing that the wifi has been paused
    and cannot be activated. After some tries finally i've finished the set up installation but for to do that i connect an ethernet cable and when i finished the installation the wifi cannot be activated from the settings menu, when i'll try to activated activated only for a moment and then deactivated the only way for work this rom on my x88pro x3 TVBOX is to have a permanet ethernet cable.
    Chances are the WIFI modules are not working with the device you have.. if you point me to your stock or at least anything that truly works for your device.. I will add them.
    but as of now, the WIFI is only presented to any Device that is pretty much the same as the Bqeel, as the H96 Max X3, Vontar X3, and HK1 X3 (If I said that right) ..

any other devices, if it works for you then your lucky.. because for firmware and all, I made no changes and didnt add anything to it.
    I was under the impression that nobody would really be interested in this rom, so I didnt do to much in adding support for other devices as of yet.. but if people are interested, then I will.
    I would be happy to add the support needed.. Sorry that I didnt..

My last MODDED ATV rom was on the X96 Max S905x2, and it was simple to do.. as for this Device..
    This ROM wasnt as easy as the generic was.. cause the several boxes that I just mentioned above seem to have a weird setup in the stock ROM part..
    took hours to fine comb though it and fix and re-adjust things to match up with a true ATV..

But just leave me a link to your firmware and or something that is compatible with your device..

Thanks,

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    ROM works on Vontar X3

First Impressions and Notes :
    1. Setup Wizard works
    2. WiFi connected with no issues
    3. My Magicsee IR remote worked perfectly with the ROM, was not expecting that because it only partially worked with the stock Vontar rom.
    4. AOSP keyboard is defaulted to "Holo Blue" - just personal preference, but I always switch that to "Material Dark" - holo blue looks weird to me
    5. "Window/Transition/Animator Scales" are set at 0.5/1.0/0.5 - and just personal preference is 0.5/0.5/1.0, and the Animator is set to 1.0 only so 'loading circle' animations aren't spinning crazy fast
    6. Stock YouTube for AndroidTV installed, but I would add SmartYouTube instead as User App and not System App
    7. Like the new different Mouse Pointer, but would have preferred that its color matched to Google's Blue, example see the Assistant icon on home screen to match color
    8. Bqeel bootimage should be changed to your PureFusionATV graphic that is present at the end of the Boot Video.
    9. TWRP 3.3.1 installed and working, only tested that it would make a backup
    10. Setting 'SDR to HDR' is on by default, should be set to 'Off'
    11. What I love is how the standard Settings icon on home screen sends you to the full Android Settings and not the TVsidebar settings.
    12. Double press Home opens recents, long press Home activates Assistant, but because the stock remotes don't have microphones - I would prefer that long press opens Power Menu, and long press Back to kill foreground app.
    13. System app BasicDaydreams can be deleted, this is your "Colors" screensaver, in its place install the standard AOSP Clock so it can be set as screensaver for those that don't like Backdrop.
    14. Apps:
    • A lot of Apps installed, there needs to be a final cut selection, eliminate as many as possible but still allow users to get started.
    • Lucky Patcher is saying Busybox is not installed, looking at the log you posted in Comment #2 and this may be already fixed.
    • Droidlogic FileBrowser should be replaced with FileExplore by Anker which is free to download from AndroidTV playstore and very simple easy to use. Been using it a lot recently messing around with Android 10 roms because in Android 10 it is blocking modded ESfileExplorer and TotalCommander from installing apks.
    Overall a great first TEST release! Kudos!!!

Thanks for the feedback.. I will take your advice and make the following changes as time allows, I will try and make the changes as soon as possible..
    at least I will take care of some of the more simpler request, like #5, #6, #10, #13(I will check into this), and apps section..
    as for busybox installed, I never got that error.. and I have busybox installed to vendor/xbin .. matter of fact its my own patched and compiled version.
    guess I need to export the path or something... but ill look into that too.............

again, thank you everyone for your feedback.. I really needed that.. it helps me into understanding what peepz like and want in a ATV Rom....

ill start working on fixes ASAP...............

Comment

Eliminater74 I've been uploaded the original img ROM for my X88PROX3 TV BOX on mega cloud in case you want to give a try with my tv box and your rom (PurefusionATV).
      I appreciate your work and i hope to found a little time to check the x88prox3 rom img for make it to work with the PurefusionATV rom for my X88Prox3 tv box.

(On MEGA cloud i've uploaded the img rom of x88prox3 if you want and the recovery rom from my x88prox3 just tell me to upload)

link x88prox3 : https://mega.nz/#!yogjkD4T!g1F2x_CXz...fGGdh2yCk4zMy0

Comment

Originally posted by venioni View Post
        Eliminater74 I've been uploaded the original img ROM for my X88PROX3 TV BOX on mega cloud in case you want to give a try with my tv box and your rom (PurefusionATV).
        I appreciate your work and i hope to found a little time to check the x88prox3 rom img for make it to work with the PurefusionATV rom for my X88Prox3 tv box.

(On MEGA cloud i've uploaded the img rom of x88prox3 if you want and the recovery rom from my x88prox3 just tell me to upload)

link x88prox3 : https://mega.nz/#!yogjkD4T!g1F2x_CXz...fGGdh2yCk4zMy0
        this should do it. ill look into it in a bit..Havent been feeling so well lately.. AND NO, I dont have the virus.. my problem is stomach related.... Virus would be lung related..

anyhow.. I will download it and look into it soon.. just give me a bit.
        but thanks for uploading.

Comment

I have made some small changes to ROM.. but it will be a bit before I release a test build.. my first test didnt go so well.. it crashed on me..........
          I am pretty sure its build.prop edits that I made.. so I reverted that.. and going to try again............ But its late now.. so ill take it for a test run tomorrow..
          If all works.. then ill compress it and upload it for you all.....

I made some changes on request from by: @RiCkLaR_atvX
          I also tried to fix WIFI for x88 devices.. Not sure how thats going to pan out..

Comment

I am not dead, and I dont have the virus.. Just waiting for Life to go back to normal here in the USA....... but soon ill test my last update and upload if everything is ok...........

Comment

Oh, don't worry, I will test it when made available

My Vontar X3 is just for testing purposes anyways. My main device is the Odriod-N2 and Voodik has released a 64-bit Rom for that device which I still need to migrate over too, but have just been to lazy.

Comment

this rom works on my TICTID 4GB RAM 64GB ROM TX6 Plus

awesome stuff.

i am enjoying this custom rom. it works like a charm. thanks for the port and the support..

Comment

I will have an update out soon enough.. I realized that something I added to my last unreleased edition caused system to crash and do weird things.. so I reverted back some.
                  and started over from an earlier point.. As some of you know, I use gitlab to hold my history of changes and so on.. that way I can always revert back or make changes and keep track of what I do
                  so if I need to fully update firmware its not that much of a pain in the future.

I got my start on Qualcomm Devices, I am originally a Kernel Developer, I am Founder of Nebula Kernel, built on QualComm Flagship Devices........
                  I retired after 6 years of that. Just got bored with Android Devices... I am also one of 2 founders of PureFusionOS ROM............ which we hung up after Oreo do to
                  real life issues........... you can google search both to understand a little more about me..... I am in no way new to coding........ tell you the truth I love the
                  Android Box scene, But would love it more if I had access to source to build my own roms from scratch.. but that will never happen as Amlogic is pretty stingy with that crap.

But in all I do my best.... I love the ATV look and operation.. I just dont think Android Boxes should be made in Tablet Mode.. they are not tablets, they are TV's.........
                  and ATV is what I feel it needs to be. so I will always go off that.............

I also have a Amazon Fire Cube 4k 2nd Generation with a 128GB SSD hooked to External and a Amazone FireStick 4k.. the cube is my main android box system.. the Bqeel box is now just my testing and playing around with
                  box......

So in time ill upload another firmware update..............

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminater74 View Post
                    I will have an update out soon enough.. I realized that something I added to my last unreleased edition caused system to crash and do weird things.. so I reverted back some.
                    and started over from an earlier point.. As some of you know, I use gitlab to hold my history of changes and so on.. that way I can always revert back or make changes and keep track of what I do
                    so if I need to fully update firmware its not that much of a pain in the future.

I got my start on Qualcomm Devices, I am originally a Kernel Developer, I am Founder of Nebula Kernel, built on QualComm Flagship Devices........
                    I retired after 6 years of that. Just got bored with Android Devices... I am also one of 2 founders of PureFusionOS ROM............ which we hung up after Oreo do to
                    real life issues........... you can google search both to understand a little more about me..... I am in no way new to coding........ tell you the truth I love the
                    Android Box scene, But would love it more if I had access to source to build my own roms from scratch.. but that will never happen as Amlogic is pretty stingy with that crap.

But in all I do my best.... I love the ATV look and operation.. I just dont think Android Boxes should be made in Tablet Mode.. they are not tablets, they are TV's.........
                    and ATV is what I feel it needs to be. so I will always go off that.............

I also have a Amazon Fire Cube 4k 2nd Generation with a 128GB SSD hooked to External and a Amazone FireStick 4k.. the cube is my main android box system.. the Bqeel box is now just my testing and playing around with
                    box......

So in time ill upload another firmware update..............
                    i only had this custom rom for few hours now. i do not see any bugs or strange things. either way, i look forward to the update. i know i can update this device because i did it before.

thanks for everything.

Comment

Eliminater74 have you thought about using Khadas Vim3L(S905D3) Kernel or SuperCeleron's(S905x2/S905x3) Kernel for a port in a ROM? This ROM already runs very well and possibly not much to gain from doing a kernel port. Just some ideas I've been kicking about in my head.

Here is Khadas GIT : https://github.com/khadas

Comment

Eliminater74 have you thought about using Khadas Vim3L(S905D3) Kernel or SuperCeleron's(S905x2/S905x3) Kernel for a port in a ROM? This ROM already runs very well and possibly not much to gain from doing a kernel port. Just some ideas I've been kicking about in my head.

Here is Khadas GIT : https://github.com/khadas
                        I will defiantly look into it, and Yes, much is to gain with a kernel, the kernel is the HEART of the ROM.. you can do wonders to a OS just by the kernel... but Amlogic is something I am
                        new to.. dont understand its workings fully yet.. Qualcomm I know very well and everything about it.. But I will check into that.. and see what I can pull up...

Here is one of my OLD Kernels for my OnePlus 6T that I did some time back, Retired now though: https://gitlab.com/devoneplus

I have done work on an LG G3, LG V10, LG G6, HTC10, OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 7 Pro, But Retired on the 7 Pro.. Even got both my 6T and 7 Pro into GOD MODE..
                        by making some changes to the param partition... and compiling a custom fastboot...

but thanks for the input, I will look into it all.. I need something to keep my mind off all the crazy people that think some virus is going to end the world......

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminater74 View Post
                          I need something to keep my mind off all the crazy people that think some virus is going to end the world......

Well here is the link to the VIM3L ROM if you want to just decompile ROM extract Kernel and compile a new boot.img ? then see how your device reacts
                          page link: https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/FirmwareAndroid.html
                          direct download link to latest ROM: https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3L/Android/VIM3L_Pie_V200320.7z

Also, SuperCeleron makes his images from Source, he has access to a private Amlogic SDK
                          link: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ild#post794463

Comment

question, how do you decrease the volume? Not from the tv remote but from the operating system. the volume is increased greatly but it makes the sound awful at times when watching iptv.

Comment

Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post
                              question, how do you decrease the volume? Not from the tv remote but from the operating system. the volume is increased greatly but it makes the sound awful at times when watching iptv.
                              Hmm, I didn't notice any weird audio issues, I always leave Android setting at 100% volume and just adjust my TV speakers.
                              Do you think it is the Android System over-boosting the audio?
                              Does the IPTV app have Audio Boost or its own Volume control?

Comment

Hmm, I didn't notice any weird audio issues, I always leave Android setting at 100% volume and just adjust my TV speakers.
                                Do you think it is the Android System over-boosting the audio?
                                Does the IPTV app have Audio Boost or its own Volume control?

Yes, i think the android system is over boosting the audio. the quality is terrible when playing a music channel. the volume is utter almost.

I use StbEmu Pro . I installed the latest edition pro either.

there is nothing in the app that I use can alter the audio aspect.

the only way to enjoy the audio is to put the tv volume at very low volume and just let it be.

if you are going to update the custom rom, you can always leave apktime app and keep it simple.

ps: i removed shit load of apps and then i restarted the device (first time restarting it after installing the rom) and the audio seems to go back to normal. strange indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X