X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
    The onlything i have not tried with the Slimbox rom is the network cable nic cable, wifi and bluetooth both work

Ive put the slimbox rom on more then one box and as long as you install the vendor file they all work

I even used the same rom on all of them, i like the version 4.1 the best ive tried the other versions but i like the first one the best the way the layout is and the preinstalled apps

He changed the looks of the other roms. 4.1 and 4.2 i believe both look the same purple slimbox BG, then one is green, then i think 5.0 turns black and he changes the apps

I downloaded all the versions and like 3 or 4 vendor files and tried the different ones.

I have a few air remotes/keyboard things but i keep mixing up the little dongle things or leav eem in the boxes.

One remote has a keyboard on the back, the other 2 have a mouse pad like a laptop you need them for TWRP
    To me it concerns also that the original remote works as expected, with the air mouses it is also hit or miss.

And of course Ethernet should work. If you should have time please check on the N5 Max X3 please.

Of course improvements and fixes will be added with each version, current version of the slim rom available is 5.1.

Do you install ATV or AOSP versions?

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    The onlything i have not tried with the Slimbox rom is the network cable nic cable, wifi and bluetooth both work

Ive put the slimbox rom on more then one box and as long as you install the vendor file they all work

I even used the same rom on all of them, i like the version 4.1 the best ive tried the other versions but i like the first one the best the way the layout is and the preinstalled apps

He changed the looks of the other roms. 4.1 and 4.2 i believe both look the same purple slimbox BG, then one is green, then i think 5.0 turns black and he changes the apps

I downloaded all the versions and like 3 or 4 vendor files and tried the different ones.

I have a few air remotes/keyboard things but i keep mixing up the little dongle things or leav eem in the boxes.

One remote has a keyboard on the back, the other 2 have a mouse pad like a laptop you need them for TWRP

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Do yourself a favor and purchase one of the G30s air mouse remotes, you will never use another remote..... Right around $10 USD. There are two versions, the "s" version, most of the buttons are IR programmable..... I have 3 of them.
    I have the G30 with only 1 button that can be learned. The other version I can't find anywhere online

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    BowerR64 I can read your post in my email, but I can't see it here, so let's try this way.

The point of my questions was actually, do all those boxes now have a correct functioning remote, after installing the vendor files.

I want to flash it on an N5 Max X3 box, so that is the most important to me, but if there is a chance that the remote or other things don't work properly , I'm not gonna bother.
    Do yourself a favor and purchase one of the G30s air mouse remotes, you will never use another remote..... Right around $10 USD. There are two versions, the "s" version, most of the buttons are IR programmable..... I have 3 of them.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Yeah, I have to make a post to make previous post visible.

So my main concern is if everything works on the N5 Max X3.

Does remote work the way it should? Do bluetooth/wifi work? are there any other know bugs?

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    Sorry, no i have 10 different boxes, different chipsets, different makers i only have 2 N5 max X3

I have 5 that have the S905X3 chipset

My point was that alot of these boxes are similar in many ways but here and there there are some slight differences

2 N5 max, 2 MX10 pro, a u2c, X96 max+, A95X, T95Q, CSA96, X88 pro X3, Nvidia shield pro, Nvidia Shield TV, 3 4K firesticks, Khadas VIM3L, Edge, VIM3

Im an Android TV junkie lol
    "Im an Android TV junkie lol" obviously...........

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    BowerR64 I can read your post in my email, but I can't see it here, so let's try this way.

The point of my questions was actually, do all those boxes now have a correct functioning remote, after installing the vendor files.

I want to flash it on an N5 Max X3 box, so that is the most important to me, but if there is a chance that the remote or other things don't work properly , I'm not gonna bother.

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    Sorry, no i have 10 different boxes, different chipsets, different makers i only have 2 N5 max X3

I have 5 that have the S905X3 chipset

My point was that alot of these boxes are similar in many ways but here and there there are some slight differences

2 N5 max, 2 MX10 pro, a u2c, X96 max+, A95X, T95Q, CSA96, X88 pro X3, Nvidia shield pro, Nvidia Shield TV, 3 4K firesticks, Khadas VIM3L, Edge, VIM3

Im an Android TV junkie lol

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied

I have about 10 boxes and some remotes work but the buttons don't do the same things on every box if i push home on the wrong box the volume goes up, the vendor patch is what corrects these little things.

I dont think it hurts anything to just try the different vendor files, don't forget to wipe those 3 things each time though
    So please correct if I misunderstand.

You have 10 N5 Max X3 boxes, and do the remotes now work properly on all 10 boxes or not?

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    There seem to be quite a few problems with the forum.

I get 2 emails that BowerR64 has made 2 posts, one in which he quoted me, but when I click on the links my post #115 and #116 are the last posts in this thread.

I can refresh as often as I want, his posts aren't visible to me

Edit: And after I made this post they became visible

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    Just notice there is a vendor file N5 Max X3 and N5 Max X3 -2019.

How to know which one is needed?
    Here is what ive found, when you load the first file the slimbox rom the box usually works, its missing things without the vendor folder

So just try all of the Vendor files till you find one that works

The main rom is like a patch, the way i get it is its just overlaying files or graphics or something over your original rom, then the vendor patches the patch if that makes sense?

This is why you need an original working rom to start with, then when you patch the slimbox rom its using an already working rom and laying over it

Then the vendor overlays the extra stuff needed for each specific box and the extra features each box has

I have about 10 boxes and some remotes work but the buttons don't do the same things on every box if i push home on the wrong box the volume goes up, the vendor patch is what corrects these little things.

I dont think it hurts anything to just try the different vendor files, don't forget to wipe those 3 things each time though

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    So your saying you cant view images posted on this forum?

I made a post over in the general section that i was having issues with the forum not loading images but the owner said its working fine.

I started thinking it was just my machine, if its not working for you either please go and post in that thread that its not working for you either so they can fix it.

At the bottom there is a list of users that are logged in the site and they are not showing correctly on my computer either

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Just notice there is a vendor file N5 Max X3 and N5 Max X3 -2019.

How to know which one is needed?

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    I wanted to view the screen shots in the OP, but they all give me invalid file error.

Anyone who can post them please

Leave a comment:

• Pyru
    replied
    When you reboot it after the bar gets to the end what does it do?
    I actually got it working, but flashing a "non-stock" vendor allowed me to boot and do everything, just not able to have wifi/bluetooth and the main screen of my actual physical box, says "boot" - I'm not too worried, but if someone could get a working vendor patch for a bqeel y8 max, that would be sweet! lol.

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X