X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BowerR64
    replied
    When you reboot it after the bar gets to the end what does it do?

Leave a comment:

• Pyru
    replied
    Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
    Ive had that, i had to just start over.

Load the stock rom back on and make sure everything works, wifi, bluetooth etc

Then load the rom with twrp, thn vendor then wipe just those 3 things.

I spent like 2 days trying things over and over and finally got both of my boxes loaded and my Benchmarks went from 68,000 on one box to 72,000 and 69k to 75k on the other they are both identical N5 max X3 boxes
    I've installed the factory rom through USB Burning tool successfully 3 times now, followed the instructions (have had it working before, but wanted 5.1, as it's the latest), and its' doing the same thing, just being stuck at the slimbox screen, with the loading bar at full. I tested the stock rom, everything worked great, reboot in to TWRP, flashed 5.1, vendor, wiped cached / dalvik, reboot, same stuff, every time. Not sure what's up (i have the bqeel y8 max, it's supposedly identical to the h96 max x3, so not sure which vendor I can use to flash).

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    Ive had that, i had to just start over.

Load the stock rom back on and make sure everything works, wifi, bluetooth etc

Then load the rom with twrp, thn vendor then wipe just those 3 things.

I spent like 2 days trying things over and over and finally got both of my boxes loaded and my Benchmarks went from 68,000 on one box to 72,000 and 69k to 75k on the other they are both identical N5 max X3 boxes

Leave a comment:

• Pyru
    replied
    Not sure what's changed, or what's going on with my TV Box, tried installing version 4.1, 5.1, both do the exact same thing. I do a fresh install of the stock rom, install the AOSP or ATV version via TWRP, wipe the cache/dalvik, reboot. It boots up, but gets to the home screen, shows "slimbox by slimhouse" in blue, the loading bar goes to full, then stays there (doesn't go away), but I can double click the home button, and the app list pops up, the bar on top is interactive, but the loading bar and logo do not go away, even if I reboot, it happens, have patched with vendors, without vendors, not sure what's up.

Leave a comment:

• clarkss12
    replied
    It will be great if/when you create your ROM for the Amlogic S922X SoC's. Your ROM lets Kodi play movies WITH all the Audio codecs............... thanks

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    I have one of those and its a junk box, i think its a fake

The one i got is black with graphics on the top, a clock in the front and when i took it apart it has a sticker on the bottom that says S905X3 / RK3318

The older X88 was silver and had the RK3318 processor and i think its a rehash of that chip reboxed because it performs horrible not even up to par with a 905X2

I think they have reprogramed the chip so that any chip info programs show up that its a 905X3 but and the speed and stuff but its not actually running at those speeds they are cheating the specs and stuff

Leave a comment:

• Demon_Acolyte
    replied
    will this work with a protected box or encrypted box? my x88 pro x3 is protected can't over write the bootloader...

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    Just go to his channel and all the links are on his channel

Leave a comment:

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Ho do you get past the Cyrillic captcha on 4PDA to create an account in order to get at all the download links?

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    The key is Vendor file, i install from 4.1 - 5.1 and some things didnt work, once i installed the vendor files everything worked as it should.

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    This ROM takes more power then stock

A few months back there was a discussion on here about power supplies so i got 2 mean well power supplies 3 amps

I set them both a 5v and under load on these 2 N5 Max boxes they never had issues

After i installed this rom on them they both would crash and just go black ide have to pull the power and reboot and then after some time of running them hard they would crash again.

I then decided to try the stock power supply which is running at 5.3v and there was no hickup

The mean well supply has an adjustment to turn up or down a little, i set the mean well to 5.3 now im not having any issues with it.

The mean well runs cooler and more consistant when running these boxes hard. The stock psu over a few hours of running the box hard the voltage will sag quite a bit

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    Dont forget you need a mouse or air mouse to even navigate TWRP

Question, so the "OS" versions like "ATV" or "AOSP" is the actual android version and the "Vendor" files are the drivers for each device? or is it just the pretty boot screen that says "slim box duel wifi system 4K yada yada?

So if i try several versions and things dont work do i just try different "Vendor" files till i get things like wifi and bluetooth or do i have to reinstall a new ATV or AOSP?

Ive only got my box to boot once and get to a desktop, usually i get a blinking screen over and over with no clue whats going on, once i got a blue bar that seem to advance across the screen under the slimbox logo like it was uncompressing maybe?

SO to be sucsessful with this rom i need a working stock firmware first, then install the slimbox, then the vendor?

Is there a way to know if the firmware was sucsessful? other then waiting forever sometimes i cant tell what the box is doing after a flash and reboot

Leave a comment:

• hihihi123321
    replied
    Anyone can use bluetooth on x96 air p3. I installed slimbox 5.1 aosp rom and x96 air p3 vendor but bluetooth didn't work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes.

When updating through the System Update program (Settings - SLIMBOX Settings - System Update) to the new firmware version, the vendor, if its version has not changed, you do not need to update it. If the version of the vendor has changed, then it can be flashed via TWRP with clearing the dalwick / cache immediately after flashing, and then downloading to the system.

Leave a comment:

• Jjgonzalez87
    replied
    Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

ver 5.1
    • Cut not working KinoTrend
    • Returned the default soundbar
    • System corrections
    ===============================================
    ver 5
    • Activated restricted profile
    • Soundbar Xiaomi MIBOX4 (TEST)
    • Added configs for remotes and gamepads
    • Plus two Launchers SquareHome3 and Lighthome Beelink (AOSP)
    • Logo moved from system installation to vendor
    • Returned Backdrop and LatinIME
    • Updated Google services and preinstalled programs
    • System corrections
    ============================================
    • Wallpaper pack
    • HDMI CEC control is disabled by default
    • Updated Busybox
    • Recent from NVIDIA SHIELD (ATV)
    • Advanced Bluetooth settings
    • Replaced the Backdrop default screensaver with AerialDream
    • Overload in recovery from the menu by long pressing the power button
    • Afrd, CastReceiver, ViPER4AndroidFX in settings
    • Starting wizard for additional programs and scripts
    • Chromecast mod
    • SmartYouTubeTV with a blank
    • Equalizer ViPER4AndroidFX
    • Watch from Google with the possibility of a screen saver
    • Chrome browser with the ability to copy text (do not update)
    • Managed root access
    • Samba server
    • Status bar with notifications
    • Lower navigation bar
    • Customizable dpi screen
    • Dark DarkPixel Theme
    • Script support init.d
    • 13 WiFi channels

And I can install it in the form of an update instead of twrp as explained in the other video no?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X