Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] SLIMBOX X3 ATV and AOSP for N5MAX S905X3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sorry, no i have 10 different boxes, different chipsets, different makers i only have 2 N5 max X3

    I have 5 that have the S905X3 chipset

    My point was that alot of these boxes are similar in many ways but here and there there are some slight differences

    2 N5 max, 2 MX10 pro, a u2c, X96 max+, A95X, T95Q, CSA96, X88 pro X3, Nvidia shield pro, Nvidia Shield TV, 3 4K firesticks, Khadas VIM3L, Edge, VIM3

    Im an Android TV junkie lol

    Comment


      BowerR64 I can read your post in my email, but I can't see it here, so let's try this way.

      The point of my questions was actually, do all those boxes now have a correct functioning remote, after installing the vendor files.

      I want to flash it on an N5 Max X3 box, so that is the most important to me, but if there is a chance that the remote or other things don't work properly , I'm not gonna bother.

      Comment


        Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
        Sorry, no i have 10 different boxes, different chipsets, different makers i only have 2 N5 max X3

        I have 5 that have the S905X3 chipset

        My point was that alot of these boxes are similar in many ways but here and there there are some slight differences

        2 N5 max, 2 MX10 pro, a u2c, X96 max+, A95X, T95Q, CSA96, X88 pro X3, Nvidia shield pro, Nvidia Shield TV, 3 4K firesticks, Khadas VIM3L, Edge, VIM3

        Im an Android TV junkie lol
        "Im an Android TV junkie lol" obviously...........
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

        Comment


          Yeah, I have to make a post to make previous post visible.

          So my main concern is if everything works on the N5 Max X3.

          Does remote work the way it should? Do bluetooth/wifi work? are there any other know bugs?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Jancales View Post
            BowerR64 I can read your post in my email, but I can't see it here, so let's try this way.

            The point of my questions was actually, do all those boxes now have a correct functioning remote, after installing the vendor files.

            I want to flash it on an N5 Max X3 box, so that is the most important to me, but if there is a chance that the remote or other things don't work properly , I'm not gonna bother.
            Do yourself a favor and purchase one of the G30s air mouse remotes, you will never use another remote..... Right around $10 USD. There are two versions, the "s" version, most of the buttons are IR programmable..... I have 3 of them.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

            Comment


              Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

              Do yourself a favor and purchase one of the G30s air mouse remotes, you will never use another remote..... Right around $10 USD. There are two versions, the "s" version, most of the buttons are IR programmable..... I have 3 of them.
              I have the G30 with only 1 button that can be learned. The other version I can't find anywhere online

              Comment


                The onlything i have not tried with the Slimbox rom is the network cable nic cable, wifi and bluetooth both work

                Ive put the slimbox rom on more then one box and as long as you install the vendor file they all work

                I even used the same rom on all of them, i like the version 4.1 the best ive tried the other versions but i like the first one the best the way the layout is and the preinstalled apps

                He changed the looks of the other roms. 4.1 and 4.2 i believe both look the same purple slimbox BG, then one is green, then i think 5.0 turns black and he changes the apps

                I downloaded all the versions and like 3 or 4 vendor files and tried the different ones.

                I have a few air remotes/keyboard things but i keep mixing up the little dongle things or leav eem in the boxes.

                One remote has a keyboard on the back, the other 2 have a mouse pad like a laptop you need them for TWRP

                Comment


                  Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                  The onlything i have not tried with the Slimbox rom is the network cable nic cable, wifi and bluetooth both work

                  Ive put the slimbox rom on more then one box and as long as you install the vendor file they all work

                  I even used the same rom on all of them, i like the version 4.1 the best ive tried the other versions but i like the first one the best the way the layout is and the preinstalled apps

                  He changed the looks of the other roms. 4.1 and 4.2 i believe both look the same purple slimbox BG, then one is green, then i think 5.0 turns black and he changes the apps

                  I downloaded all the versions and like 3 or 4 vendor files and tried the different ones.

                  I have a few air remotes/keyboard things but i keep mixing up the little dongle things or leav eem in the boxes.

                  One remote has a keyboard on the back, the other 2 have a mouse pad like a laptop you need them for TWRP
                  To me it concerns also that the original remote works as expected, with the air mouses it is also hit or miss.

                  And of course Ethernet should work. If you should have time please check on the N5 Max X3 please.

                  Of course improvements and fixes will be added with each version, current version of the slim rom available is 5.1.

                  Do you install ATV or AOSP versions?

                  Comment


                    Well i have the Nvidia shield pro and Shield tv tube, the "ATV" looks like the shield, its dark and works good at night watching movies and stuff

                    I like the AOSP better the first few roms 4.1 and 4.2 i think just have the single launcher, as the roms go up i think 4 or 5 he added 3 launchers one looks like the beelink then the one i like and some other one i dont remember square launcher or something the icons are in the center in a square and go out as you add more icons

                    Like i said just try em all dont be scared you can always go back to the stock rom its available.

                    The way the stock rom recovery works with mine is when you build the SD card it launches at the boot so you dont need to link it to the PC or anything

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Jancales View Post

                      To me it concerns also that the original remote works as expected, with the air mouses it is also hit or miss.

                      And of course Ethernet should work. If you should have time please check on the N5 Max X3 please.

                      Of course improvements and fixes will be added with each version, current version of the slim rom available is 5.1.

                      Do you install ATV or AOSP versions?
                      Sorry, i forgot to answer your question. As long as you add the 2 files everything works on the N5 max, if you dont install the "vendor" file im not sure if everything will work

                      The Vendor file adds a boot logo and it adds other things like the remote and i believe thing slike wifi anf bluetooth support

                      Comment


                        I got myself a N5 Max 4/64 box delivered yesterday.

                        Sorry to say but the box runs like crap, about the biggest crap I've seen actually.

                        Behaves very strange when installing apps. Minix air mouse A2 lite, which I consider one of the best air mouses on the market, has several buttons not responding.

                        The stock remote itself is useless .

                        Did a CPU stress test, and on standby it would run close to 70°C already. just 1 minute into the stress test it would be 75°C, and although it would not get higher from there. it would reduce CPU frequency, with after only few minutes running at only 1200 Mhz only.

                        So my question is.

                        I can send the box back in the next 5 days, so is it worth installing the custom ROM?

                        Will it fix most of the issues the stock firmware has, or is it just gimmick, to have a firmware that looks different?


                        Comment


                          Question: what is Slimbox UBT firmware.....what does UBT stand for?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by raruba View Post
                            Question: what is Slimbox UBT firmware.....what does UBT stand for?
                            USB Burn Tool

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by loaded2107 View Post

                              USB Burn Tool
                              Is there a burn tool flashable image available then?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                                Is there a burn tool flashable image available then?
                                only for some some tv boxes - [GDrive] SLIMBOX-UBT (flashable image)
                                atvXperience on Tanix BOX

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X