This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pyru View Post

I installed the ATV version, but followed the exact same steps, and bluetooth / wifi are not working for me. Bqeel Y8 Max.
    use vendor X96_Air_X3_P1_P2_V2 https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m8...OXwW5djaP-IbyL

Comment

Well i got the X96 air to finally download and tried it on my N5 Max box, it booted and everything seem to work but the bluetooth wouldnt turn on so i dont think my version of N5Max is the same as the X96

I also didnt like when it booted it said "X96 Air" and in the settings "about" said X96 also

Ive spent more then 4 hours at different times trying to find, and download the N5 Max firmware and i just keep getting links to patches to patch the slimbox firmware i havnt been able to find and download the actual N5 Max firmware yet for some reason.

Comment

BowerR64 ...umm, I haven't tried this ROM yet, but if you are downloading the links that SlimHouse posted in first post of this thread it should work with your device "N5_MAX with S905X3"
        It is very weird that you got the X96air boot image, this ROM is universal LOGO.img and SYSTEM.img Swap meaning you change that in First Flash then flash the Vendor.img swap in second Flash so you can have Bluetooth and WiFi working in the ROM. The PATCHES are the Vendor.img swap patches, and my thinking is you would not need to change anything in your Vendor.img as this Rom base code was for N5_MAX_S905X3.

Comment

Well i didnt get the X96air from the slim thread it was another link in one of the slimbox threads that linked to the russia site. I had to change the language after it booted up.

I think all the slim files are the type you need to connect the box to the PC using a cable and i havnt got that method to work yet just the SDcard flash and i dont think his files are this type?

The X96 file was 700 megs zipped then it was like 1.3gig uncompressed, all the slim files are around 600 meg which seems to small to be a full OS

IM still new to all this and im still trying to figure it all out but willing to spend the time to try

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
            Well i didnt get the X96air from the slim thread it was another link in one of the slimbox threads that linked to the russia site. I had to change the language after it booted up.
            I think all the slim files are the type you need to connect the box to the PC using a cable and i havnt got that method to work yet just the SDcard flash and i dont think his files are this type?
            The X96 file was 700 megs zipped then it was like 1.3gig uncompressed, all the slim files are around 600 meg which seems to small to be a full OS
            IM still new to all this and im still trying to figure it all out but willing to spend the time to try
            Yes this thread is for a TWRP-Flashable ROM, it is why the files are so small, you will need to get the TWRP made by Vitaly from 4PDA to FLASH this ROM correctly after returning your device to factory stock N5_Max ROM. To return back to stock you need a Stock .IMG file that is installed via PC+USB-Burning-Tool. Can search the original 4PDA thread for links to YouTube where SlimHouse posted a couple videos about this specific ROM install, and the original 4PDA link also has links to the YouTube Video postings.

Comment

Dang this is confusing stuff, how did you guys learn all this stuff?

So basically im patching a good working stock rom?

Thats a cool idea actually if you start with everything working

Comment

Originally posted by SlimHouse View Post
                I did use this, wifi and bluetooth still do not work (I just did a fresh installation of the stock rom, rebooted in to twrp, flashed the slimbox atv, then flashed the vendor file, the one you provided, wiped cache/dalvik, rebooted).

I can toggle the wifi button on, it says "available networks" but does not show any networks, the button shows as "on" for about 15 seconds, then it slides itself off, and the box freezes for about 10 seconds, then seems to crash out of the settings and back to the home screen.

Also, any way to make it so the front LED clock on the TV Box does not say "Boot" all the time? thanks for the ROM and assistance.

Comment

I did use this, wifi and bluetooth still do not work (I just did a fresh installation of the stock rom, rebooted in to twrp, flashed the slimbox atv, then flashed the vendor file, the one you provided, wiped cache/dalvik, rebooted).

I can toggle the wifi button on, it says "available networks" but does not show any networks, the button shows as "on" for about 15 seconds, then it slides itself off, and the box freezes for about 10 seconds, then seems to crash out of the settings and back to the home screen.

Also, any way to make it so the front LED clock on the TV Box does not say "Boot" all the time? thanks for the ROM and assistance.
                  I found that if I installed it without the patch everything worked just fine. With the patch bluetooth didn't work.

Comment

what is your set top box ??

Comment

Hi there,

My TV box is the "Bqeel Y8 Max"

Here is the stock ROM links from their website:

From what I've been reading, the internals should be the same as the H96 Max X3 Series almost identical.

Thanks,
                      Pyru

Comment

Is there any relatively easy way to remove viper4android from the slimbox mod?

Comment

Originally posted by mrwislr View Post

Is there any relatively easy way to remove viper4android from the slimbox mod?
                          What is it stopping?

Comment

Hello,

does this can work for

H96 MAX X2 4GB/32GB - s905x2_8ddr3_v02

DDR3 version ?

please see image:

thank you

Comment

What is it stopping?
                              Does this Rom work on X99 Max+? If so does the front display work?????

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Does this Rom work on X99 Max+? If so does the front display work?????

Comment

Working...
                                X